UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 18

Zak Katz

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...what about just the bulked up bicep piece, and regular hands?

2013-07-24181343_zps51862edc.jpg

I was thinking the same thing but he looks a little off. That's why I think another version inbetween this piece and the current figures that exist.

The Hulk's bicep piece would look different the Colousnaughts, maybe better ;) Absorbing Man's got bulked up arms! I wish Crossbones did, remember when some of you said it's a scale thing? Well my Chitari are taller then Hulk, Sabretooth is as tall as the Juggernaut, it just doesn't matter in sense of scale as long as the individual figure looks good, just my opinion but Brood Wolverine is the best Wolvie in sense of scale, his mask and boots make him appear shorter, which goes away when he's standing next to anyone else :/ I know what your talking about by having Thor have bigger arms though

I can agree about the individual figure looking good, but if you only bulk up the arms, it won't. You'd have to bulk up all of Thor and then, in a matter of personal preference, i don't want him and Hulk the same size.

And realistically, height isn't as much of an issue as mass. Minimates are the same height, so it's fairly hard to differentiate height too much. Girls are the same height as guys, Puck isn't exactly a midget, etc. But making Thor the same size as our Sentinels or Juggernaut or Hulk doesn't work. (Neither does making Logan the same size as our midgets or children.)

I get wanting it, but once you start doing it, you have to look at the rest of the line with the same question; should women be shorter, should Juggernaut or Hulk be 3", what the hell do we even do with Giant Man??

It's easier to bend the knees. (I have no clever marketing slogan comment for Thor, sorry)

When we got Bulked up Hulk, all the others looked bad IMO. I don't know if the same would happen if they made a bigger arm, but change isn't a bad thing! Especially if it revolutionizes MM like Bulked-Up pieces did, again IMO

I get wanting it, but once you start doing it, you have to look at the rest of the line with the same question; should women be shorter, should Juggernaut or Hulk be 3", what the hell do we even do with Giant Man??

It's easier to bend the knees. (I have no clever marketing slogan comment for Thor, sorry)

That is my biggest issue with Giant Man and why I don't display him ever. He's too small. I really wish that now that time has passed they could revise the Max Mates statues and do him, the Sentinals, and Galactus again. I didn't get the statues then because when they were released I was in school and didn't have the cash. Now, I just refuse to spend 500 bucks on them for a scalper.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've never really grasped why he's called the ABsorbing Man rather than the ADsorbing Man .

If he was 'ABsorbing' he would just be "intensely interesting or engrossing" .......as he obviously is .......I love the character.... always have...but if he were 'ADsorbing' he would have the ability of attaining the powers of others.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I don't know if it has a different meaning across the pond, but the definition for adsorbtion doesn't seem too much more accurate for what Crusher does:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/adsorption

Since it specifies the surface of an object, it might even be LESS accurate. Also, I have to admit that I have never heard the word before, and while I'm not particularly science-minded, I doubt it enjoyed any wider use in the 1960s -- using it in a comic book might have been viewed as a misspelling of the more popular "absorbing."

And while "absorbing" does have that double meaning, which may have been intentional, it also has a third meaning of "learning," which isn't too far off, as Crusher's body is kinda learning to be more like a rock or a tree.

Edited by DSTZach

Yeah these and wave 54 look great but as it stands after these we don't have a single comic marvel minimate to look forward to that's been shown or even officially announced! I can't recall when the last time was that happened, if ever? Let's hope it's rectified soon or there's gonna be a long gap...confused.gif

Zex, I wouldn't mind AoA Bobby:

iceman-aoa_zps3cdb8ceb.jpg

...or Emma Frost-possessed Bobby:

679720-iceman30.jpg

(or even just one figure that could pass for either) (GDit, I love & miss Joe Madureira's art)

...but I think most people just want a Bobby Drake:

40458-3.jpg

Zex, I wouldn't mind AoA Bobby:

iceman-aoa_zps3cdb8ceb.jpg

...or Emma Frost-possessed Bobby:

679720-iceman30.jpg

(or even just one figure that could pass for either) (GDit, I love & miss Joe Madureira's art)

...but I think most people just want a Bobby Drake:

40458-3.jpg

Damn, all of those are really nice, act ually lol.

A couple of things .........is that 'sorbing Man's head bigger than normal ? I think not but it really seems to work well with the beefed-up body in a way many 'mates without hair don't....thoughts?

Facial expressions ? Thor's is fairly 'business as usual' but his packing partner's is pretty special ....what else could've been done ?

In general (re: facial expressions) ....... I've often considered how few Minimates have a smile on their face ? Very few ... less when you discount 'evil grins' from evil characters ....even fewer when you discount 'smiling heroines' . I'm sure the reasons are manifold but you can't ignore the facts.

I'm not sure when that assortment I mentioned is gonna hit, but we've shown art for two box sets at conventions, and while one is definitely an exclusive (I think), the other should be a regular release. Just heard what we were doing for SDCC, as well, so that's three we should see by this summer. True, this assortment will have to tide you over until then, but it's a pretty great assortment.

And who knows, you may really like some of the Movie Minimates, and be able to work them into your comic displays.

And we're looking at Bobby Drake, believe it or not!

Absorbing Man does come with removable parts and extra arms. I'll try to post that art soon. Series 54 art is up on FB.