UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2013-Discussion Thread

I myself hope it's either a famous video game line (like Zelda, Smah Bros, DMC,etc),a famous tv show (Dr. Who and Breaking Bad is out of the question but i'd love Supernatural or Arrow), a classic movie (like predators) or an indie comic (like Spawn,TMNT).

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could do more game mates...so long as it's Mortal Kombat. It would translate well, has a great stable of characters to choose from and it would totally make up for the joke of figures Jazwares makes.

And does anyone expect more info on the line of mates that was comparable to Game of Thrones (the name eludes me right now)?

I could do more game mates...so long as it's Mortal Kombat. It would translate well, has a great stable of characters to choose from and it would totally make up for the joke of figures Jazwares makes.

And does anyone expect more info on the line of mates that was comparable to Game of Thrones (the name eludes me right now)?

Pathfinder?

They've been awfully quiet about that lately.

T.

Pathfinder?

They've been awfully quiet about that lately.

T.

I was more interested in Pathfinder than Thief of Thieves.

And if it *must* be a video game property, Mortal Kombat is the only one I'd have a passing interest in. But there are a ton of properties I'd prefer.

They already have up the posters for pulp fiction and sin city mates at thier booth. I ask if we would see much more then what's already been shown so far and it didn't seem like much. So panel could have something to announce but not to show.

Big thanks to TM2 for the MMPR Figuarts pics in the photos thread.

I'm speculating wildly with this, but yellow ranger appears to have a split down the side, possibly for a second chest piece that has 'womanly shapes' on it?

I seem to remember someone tweeting them saying 'will Yellow ranger have a male or female body and therefore please fans from Japan or the US?' And they answered with 'everyone will be happy' or words to that effect.

Big thanks to TM2 for the MMPR Figuarts pics in the photos thread.

I'm speculating wildly with this, but yellow ranger appears to have a split down the side, possibly for a second chest piece that has 'womanly shapes' on it?

I seem to remember someone tweeting them saying 'will Yellow ranger have a male or female body and therefore please fans from Japan or the US?' And they answered with 'everyone will be happy' or words to that effect.

Puts a whole new, 21st century spin on the Mighty Morphin' aspect, doesn't it?

I dont like The Big Bang Theory, so I hope not. I know it seems dated but I'd really like Austin Powers minimates.

Wave 1

Red Suit Austin/Vanessa Kensington

Underwear Austin/Alotta Vagina (?)

Dr. Evil/Fembot army builder

Variant Number Two/Fembot Army Builder

Wave 2

Blue suit Austin/Felicity Shagwell

Space suit Dr. Evil/Mini-Me

Fat Bastard/pink swimsuit Austin

Scott Evil/Frau

Wave 3

Goldmember/The Mole

Hardknock Life Dr Evil/Mini Me

Funky Austin/Foxxy Cleopatra

Sumo Fat Bastard/Balding Scott Evil

Not minimate news, but more (depressing) Legends coverage:

White Phoenix, AoA Jean, Heroic Hawkeye, and Bulldozer all moved to "not happening" unless they can fit them in a movie wave. I guess DST was right; it's impossible to do the Wrecking Crew.

But, on the Mattel side, Ra's! Ocean Master! Batzarro! Doomsday(s)! Ice! Connor Kent! 90s Aquaman! Arkham City/Origins continues! MICHAEL KEATON! Sea Hawk! Horde Troopers! Blue Stan Lee...? And the most badass Ozymandias i have EVER seen.

SUCH A GREAT CON.

Well, I'm sure that Hawkeye will see a release. The others, not so much. Bulldozer is a HUGE disappointment.

Hasbro also showed off a couple new 6" figures today: Beetle and Baron Zemo. While both are nice... Beetle is ULTIMATE Beetle, and Baron Zemo is in a more modern costume. It's like... they're so close to being right, but not quite...

You're more excited then I am for the DC news, TTF. Ra's and Ocean Master are nice adds, but Batzarro? Did he ever appear after that Jeph Loeb story? And I've made no secret that I don't have fond memories of 90's comics, so that Aquaman and Doomsday are not my cup of tea (they do look very nice). I've also never cared much for Superboy. Ice looks great, though.

Well, I'm sure that Hawkeye will see a release. The others, not so much. Bulldozer is a HUGE disappointment.

Hasbro also showed off a couple new 6" figures today: Beetle and Baron Zemo. While both are nice... Beetle is ULTIMATE Beetle, and Baron Zemo is in a more modern costume. It's like... they're so close to being right, but not quite...

You're more excited then I am for the DC news, TTF. Ra's and Ocean Master are nice adds, but Batzarro? Did he ever appear after that Jeph Loeb story? And I've made no secret that I don't have fond memories of 90's comics, so that Aquaman and Doomsday are not my cup of tea (they do look very nice). I've also never cared much for Superboy. Ice looks great, though.

Superman/Batman was one of my favorite books when i was growing into comics. Supergirl made Michael Turner my favorite artist (RIP!) and i loved that wackiness of the With a Vengeance storyline, but i missed the DCD figure. He's got a speical place on my shelf!

Aquaman is just JLU to me!

The others are just breathes of fresh air after the pretty weak points of the past year. Finishing strong.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Wait, I'm a bit confused about the whole Marvel Legends deal. I understand the movie tie ins, but what about the ones shown at SDCC? I missed out on the Marvel Select Flash Venom and would love to get the ML version. Will he maybe come out now as part of the Amazing spiderman 2 wave next year? How about the ultimate beetle recently shown, same deal?

(Sorry if already answered; on vacation with terrible/nearly unusable wifi)

The wave they showed, with the Jubilee BAF and Batroc, Flash Venom, et all, is the last RoML wave. Going forward, Hasbro will be following the IM3 and Wolverine model, by releasing an ML wave themed around a particular series. They showed two new figures today: Ultimate Beetle, part of a Spider-Man wave, and Baron Zemo, part of a Cap wave.