UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2013-Discussion Thread

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume the hole in Caps chest is so you can put the Red Skull chest torso in there?

Ady, can you please elaborate, for us non-comic readers?

Captain America : Reborn ...............Red Skull takes over Caps body . (shaky bhm precis)

It is never physically shown that he's in Cap's body other than (I think) a close up of Cap's eyes and they are little red skulls. The Cap outfit that they have here is from the 90's, so it's unrelated.

Wait, that blue guy is Electro? I thought that was Iceman.

Nope it's either modern super powered elctro or ultimate electro without his suit. If you watch closely you can see that he has new bolts of lightning that attch to him and spring to different directions. This is in my opinion a beautifull fig! I really hope that dst will remake some spidey villains or release some new around the time tasm 2 hits because:

a) most are pretty hard to find

b)most have many costumes to choose from

c)they could all benefit from the awesome accesories that dst is making right now

Edited by Kostisfire

I assume the hole in Caps chest is so you can put the Red Skull chest torso in there?

Ady, can you please elaborate, for us non-comic readers?

Captain America : Reborn ...............Red Skull takes over Caps body . (shaky bhm precis)

It is never physically shown that he's in Cap's body other than (I think) a close up of Cap's eyes and they are little red skulls. The Cap outfit that they have here is from the 90's, so it's unrelated.

Thats not what I meant, although probably makes more sense...

The current Marvel now series has Cap in some random dimension with the Zola virus, the result is a weird Zola/RedSkullish face living in his chest.

My first thought on seeing the ZolaSkull mate and that odd gap on caps outer chest piece was that perhaps its to recreate that look... Perhaps even a non red Skull Zola variant?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=marvel+now+captain+america+zola&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=QPTnUYucHKi74ATIzYDAAw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1322&bih=435&sei=RPTnUZW3POn_4QSC8oF4

Probably unlikely though.

It's my favorite Toybiz figure they ever made. Maybe the Minimate will have nipple-missiles also.

And is that one Absorbing Man trying to grab Thor's butt? Or is he trying to absorb the powers of an Asgardian fart?

Electro is cool, but I'd much rather see that kind of effort and effects put into Zzzax. 54 regular waves and 18 TRU waves and the only all-Hulk wave was for the movie. Aren't we overdue for an incredible wave of Minimate Hulk lovin'?

It's my favorite Toybiz figure they ever made. Maybe the Minimate will have nipple-missiles also.

And is that one Absorbing Man trying to grab Thor's butt? Or is he trying to absorb the powers of an Asgardian fart?

Electro is cool, but I'd much rather see that kind of effort and effects put into Zzzax. 54 regular waves and 18 TRU waves and the only all-Hulk wave was for the movie. Aren't we overdue for an incredible wave of Minimate Hulk lovin'?

I'm not the biggest Hulk fan out there but his villains are really cool. they have all these vibrant colors that would work so well with minimates. Also, i just want to see how two bulked up figs with accessories will fit in a 2pack.

Tru 18: thor/absoring man, wolvie/ultron bot, ???/???, ???/???

One of the packs is the Captain America & Red Skull shown here:

[edit for space]

Remember, Zach said TRU 18 would have some overlap from 54 and some new designs.

There is a Marvel Now Winter Soldier variation here:

[edit for space]

Maybe another variation of Falcon paired with Winter Soldier?

Yeah, I'm guessing that one is Falcon/Hero Winter Soldier too, but I'm assuming that Falcon will be a straight repack. That wave looks incredibly amazing. Winter Soldier and Falcon are easily my favorite reveals, but all the HYDRA baddies are pretty bad-ass. And NOW Thor? Heck yeah! Lot's of cool stuff all around.

So... Aliens. I get no photos, but can we talk about it? Looks like two aliens (Queen and Warrior?), Ripley, and Newt? How'd these look in person?

Oh, I almost forgot... Heimdall! I'm hoping Hogun and Fandral get made too.

Edited by Turtle

I'm getting an Armored American (?) vibe .

Very similar to this http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1058&n=Armored

Navi liah .

They should - they're both from the same storyline. "Fighting Chance" - Mark Gruenwald's last big story arc that saw Cap losing the Super Solider serum in his body and being left paralyzed. To keep fighting, Cap relied on new costumes to make up for his declining abilities. This new Cap Minimate wears his first suit, equipped with multiple accessories and a 90's sense of style. Eventually Cap had to upgrade to the full suit of armor.

Here it is, it's actually a costume he wore for 2 issues prior to the armored one we got in the TTA set. THIS must be the costume Zach referenced a while back when he said they found a new costume that hadn't had a mate yet.

Captain_America_Vol_1_432.jpg

Captain_America_Vol_1_433.jpg

I'd love a free spirit minimate! I've read only 5 cap comics in my entire life but he has one of the best supporting and villain casts ever!

Edited by Kostisfire

So... Aliens. I get no photos, but can we talk about it? Looks like two aliens (Queen and Warrior?), Ripley, and Newt? How'd these look in person?

I'm wondering if that's a special 4-pack assortment. Given how the Queen should be over-sized and Newt should use the kid's body, it could balance out.

I think that they're a 4pack as well. They might be released as NYCC exclusive to give us a taste until they are released around March of next year. Kinda like the battle beasts. They do look awesome though. This line offers you two army build options: Aliens and Marines. That's why it's so great! I just hope it leads to AVP,Predator and maybe the comics of these properties. I'd love to get the Xenos and Preds from the dark horse comics. We'll rpobably see all of them in the panel to be fair. That and a new licence. Since Zach said we'll not see Pulp or Sin at SDCC is it a new licence or will we get a proper announcement of these two licences?

I'm not seeing a Queen, just 2 Warrior Drones.

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

Looks like the new Ghostbusters pack is next to the ALIENS mates, too!

I just hope it leads to AVP

2x06-Afternoon-Delight-Animated-gif-Mich

As a movie it might be an abomination to the alien franchise but my reasoning is this: Aliens>Alien franchise>AVP 1&2>Predator franchise>ALIEN, PREDATOR comics (i'd ass the alien crossovers with bats,dredd,supes,gl and all that but they would never happen)>Alien vs Predator vs Terminator (more terminator mates is always a good thing)>Terminator mates based on movies and comics> Robocop vs Terminator. Yeah, i know it's a longshot and it'll never happen but fox has partnered with dst to make the x3,wolvie and wolvie 2 mates (unless it's a negotiation with marvel only and not with fox) and if aliens succeed i hope we get more figures from that "universe".

Edited by Kostisfire