UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2013-Discussion Thread

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just posted some 1/6 pix in the photo thread.

Thanks. I'm so pleased to see that Adam West Bats comes with 'Batusi' hands.

Thanks to everyone else for sharing the great pics too. Looks like you guys are in for a great weekend.

For those of us not in attendance, there's this to make us feel better.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-miserable-experiences-you-cant-avoid-at-comic-con/

It must be kinda old hat to you guys, but last year i saved my pennies & made the pilgrimage to SDCC with my ex. We spent 3 days eating mexican food, treking about in back-packs, lining up for panels & shopping. It. Was. AWESOME!

I had so much fun. I marveled at the craftsmanship that went into all costumes. I got to ask a question at the Minimated panel. I saw Joss Whedon in a panel. I met Zach at the booth who greeted me warmly & asked what my MMMV name was (i had a flash-back to X2 where Magneto asks Pyro 'What's your *real* name?') AND I got to have a slice of pizza with some of the guys i'd been chatting, including the guy who has sent me every SDCC & TRU exclusive for the past several years.

If i had gone every year for the last decade, i might have been tired of it too, but as a newbie - i really did feel like i'd finally arrived. I can't wait to get there again some day.

Nessex, don't you live in Australia? That's a hell of a trek, I'm duly impressed. But I would beg that the next US con you come to be C2E2 or NYCC. Meet the rest of the inmates and all that. wink.png

I should add, despite my jaded response, that everyone should see SDCC once in their life. But once should do you.

And forget what that English bloke says: I'm a great roommate! He's just mad because I kept putting out my GitD acquisitions which kept him awake.

Echoing what Cappy said about SDCC ,I loved ever minute of it each time I went & would hope to go again . Old hats are comfortable & cherished.

With each post & picture that i see from this year I wish I was there now........ sad.png

Edited by buttheadsmate

Oh dang. I think Sin City alone might get me back on the wagon. woot.gif

NORTHRAIDER BACK ONLINE? WHAT!

BEST SDCC NEWS EVER!!! wink.png

In other news, I totally love all the samurai guys from the Tomb Raider line. And Pulp Fiction and Sin City might be great new lines!

The Thor 2 mates look great!

It looks like there are additional Tomb Raider mates than what was originally announced, Series 2?

No new Star Trek?!?

Is that Ultimate Venom in Wave 17, or just another Bulked Up Venom?

Wave 54 and TRU 18 can't get here fast enough!

Edited by youbastards

The Thor 2 mates look great!

It looks like there are additiol Tomb Raider mates than what was originally announced, Series 2?

No new Star Trek?!?

Is that Ultimate Venom in Wave 18?

I do wonder what'e the deal with that venom and nova. He might be the Ultimate version but as for nova idk. He has Dick's color scheme (sort of) but sam's design. Maybe richard will return and that's his new uniform? Maybe it's a new nova corps fig? Kinda like the wave 50 one but from NOW!?

The Bat Battle Beast is painted Black/Yellow though...

It would have been better as grey/purplish blue to look like a companion '66 piece but i guess since the bat is grey they couldn't make the armor like that. So, they are a pair of generic "batman" and "robin". Anyway, i found that little nod quite awesome tbh.

EDIT: The new bat is black so a grey/purplish blue would actually be better. I had in mind the old grey bat. Anyway, i still think that it's a nice little nod to the '66 line and since we can't get minimate they kinda made up for it.

Edited by Kostisfire

i am, indeed from Australia - so it was a pretty big trek. But totally worth it :)

Not a lot of X-Men love this year, but still some pretty awesome reveals. i'm loving the Hydra stuff from the Cap wave,

I think it's safe to say that the tru boxset will be AoU themed. I have no problem with it but i want ultron to come with extra parts to make all those version he had on the covers. As for the ultron bot i'm thinking of making a small army but i'd like it to have a bit more detail. And the antenas look kinda weird.Overall, i really enjoyed what i saw thoguh i would have preffered to see some more spidey themed characters. The line ups are a bit avengers heavy (if we got a mockingbird we could complete the new secret avengers with waves 51 and tru 17) and i would have preffered some other redos but i really,really liek what i'm seeing. Also, i bet we'll see pulp fiction,sin city and some box sets at NYCC. To summarize, so far a great showing (i literally can not pick a favorite!) If only we could see the Aliens figures from the front side(they look phenomenal even from the back).

Has the Cool Toy Review gallery been taken down? I'm not seeing any Diamond booth shots on their main page yet. Only DC, Sideshow and Gentle Giant.

I got confused there. I meant the marvelous news gallery. Sorry.

So, has anyone compiled a list of how each Marvel wave breaks down?

I'm not sure but here's what i've gathered:

Tru 17: Electro/spidey,widow/clint,rescue,gremlin in hulk robot,ultimate venom/nova (repaint?)

Wave 53 is thor 2

Wave 54: cap/skull,winter/falcon,madam/trooper,strucker/trooper

Tru 18: thor/absoring man, wolvie/ultron bot, ???/???, ???/???

I personally am glad they went with modern falcon. i like this costume a lot more. As for the winter soldier i'll have to buy 2 sets! Did anyone notice that we get a lot of alternate looks with these waves? Hydra troopers,SHIELD agents,Thor,Absoring man, strucker.

Tru 18: thor/absoring man, wolvie/ultron bot, ???/???, ???/???

One of the packs is the Captain America & Red Skull shown here:

IMG_2238.jpg

Remember, Zach said TRU 18 would have some overlap from 54 and some new designs.

There is a Marvel Now Winter Soldier variation here:

IMG_2241.jpg

Maybe another variation of Falcon paired with Winter Soldier?

To round out 18, maybe we will complete the Phoenix 5, or maybe it will be the TRU poll losers of 2013?