UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2013-Discussion Thread

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always hear good things about Emerald City Con. New Orleans Con is still small but I do liken it to C2E2. Knowing a lot of Hotel & Tourism people here in NOLA, I keep hearing how the NOLA Con is growing each year and I believe it. Five years ago it was a ghost town but last year I was quite impressed and can easily see its growth. Zach, I can't say it would be profitable for DST to have a booth there yet, but maybe down the road. I go to the show regardless, so if I can do anything to help you guys out with adding it or nixing it, just let me know. You can always count me in as free labor.

• 2 weeks later...

Just so you all know Amazon has the SDCC minimate exclusives on preorder. so if you are a prime member it'll save you some shipping and taxes.

Naw man. Luke's all the way. #supportlukestoystore

Anyone going to NYCC wants to help these guys out?

Can’t you guys just sell them to Luke so he can sell them year round?

I only bought 10 bags from ComicCon and I still need 20 more!!! (I didn’t count okay! I lost track around 100, and said “f**kit! 240 should enough!!!” so I gathered up all my stands that come with figures, and applied all 325+ stands, despite getting blisters on my fingers and killing a perfectly beautiful weekend in doors I come up woefully short. I then determinately counted the remainder so I could plan ahead this time)

I need more NOW, NYCC is too far away (in both time and space!), dammit!!!

(anyway, anyone going to NYCC and wants to look like a total boss in front of Chuck by buying 20 bags of stands, I’ll pay cost + shipping)

Edited by dr baghead

I bought 70 bags at SDCC and the only look I got was from one of the guys who was probably thinking, "you really gonna make me go and count out 70 bags for you?" By the way, I still have some extra bags of the flight stands if anyone needs some? I over estimated on those.

I went to a G.I. Joe show in New Orleans once. Ate dinner with Sgt. Slaughter. True story.

I went to that one too, that was back when I was doing a LOT of work for YoJoe.com. After we checked in to the hotel, we went to the elevators, the doors opened, and there he was... THE SARGE! I melted a little, big wrestling and Joe fan as a kid. We also saw him walking down Bourbon street.

Didn't get to eat dinner with him though :(

I found this on minijeff's page. Not sure how much I trust it given the lack of DragonCon on there, but it's still good info.1017462_10151536396791225_448177266_n.jp

All this convention talk has me excited for the first Salt Lake Comic Con coming up in a few weeks. Shatner and Adam West in attendance.. As well as a few collectors from MMMV.. Should be a good time.

The C2E2 stats should go way up after all the 'Multiversers show up next year! Actually, I am hoping C2E2 opens up more space. It was a good sized show, but got very crowded in areas.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if any of you followed the Salt Lake Comic Con news.. but it appears to have broke a few records for a first year con. No official numbers yet but somewhere around 80k in attendance.. I am hoping this attracts more big toy company attention and we get better/more exclusives next year. Stan 'the Man' Lee even changed his plans and came on Saturday as numbers started to spike. If enthusian holds, this will continue to be the biggest western pop-Con outside of San Diego. Makes me proud of my little town. :)

• 4 weeks later...

In all fairness, NY had some pretty decent weather this year. Not sure how much that impacted attendance but it can get a lot colder in October. I'm a little surprised they hold the event when they do but if they have to distance themselves from SDCC, they don't have much of a choice.

I don't think SDCC has much to worry about, aside outgrowing its venue.