UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2013-Discussion Thread

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've often found myself swimming against the tide on this forum but I don't recall there being any rules about offering an opinion that the majority might not agree with .....even if it's a misguided opinion & reported out of context with what may or may not have been said at a Convention between a punter (collector) & the corporate head of DST.

"I'm done with this thread ....." & "perhaps next year I'll stay at home instead "

C'mon fellas no.gif

Yeah, this forum seems like it has always been a place where those holding different opinions could peacefully co-exist. Taking balls and going home runs counter to that spirit, so I hope folks don't go too far with that kind of mentality, whatever the context.

I got my friend's shipment of stands, and I am so happy with them.

The hard plastic stands are my favorite, and I am happy to have so many.

As for the effect stands, the only issue i have is the teleport disc one... Its blue, I don't know who to give it to, lol. Maybe the new Ghost Rider, since it mathches? Otherwise, amazing and I am so happy to have them.

Let me clarify: We'll bring them to every show we attend. C2E2, SDCC, NYCC.

I'll keep you posted about online.

I know it would probably be expensive to bring everything to Canada, but Fan Expo here in Toronto is a huge convention featuring many big name companies like Hasbro, Lego, Mattel and even {diamond} previews attending. it's been described as the 3rd biggest comic convention on a couple of sites before and since minimates are now widely available here it sure it would be a convention you should think of attending if ever expanding that roster.

A fanboy can only dream...

Come to my house Zach. We'll have fun. tongue.png

huh.png
I know right!!! Haha Dino your the man!
The man we all tend to have some very real concerns about...
wallbash.gif HOW do I keep doing that?!

Answer: Stop posting crap...

There's a Wizard World New Orleans?! sorcerer.gif

I went to a G.I. Joe show in New Orleans once. Ate dinner with Sgt. Slaughter. True story.

Fan Expo sounds cool, but we're a small team, and we can't go to too many shows without severely impacting our workload. We can't afford it, either.

Dino, get a ride to C2E2 next year and we will ALL have fun.

Come to my house Zach. We'll have fun. tongue.png

huh.png
I know right!!! Haha Dino your the man!
The man we all tend to have some very real concerns about...
wallbash.gif HOW do I keep doing that?!
Answer: Stop posting crap...
You have the sense of humor of a dead termite, you know that? tongue.png

Yes Zach, there is a Santa, er um WW NOLA. http://www.wizardworld.com/home-neworleans.html

Its been called many things, but as of the last two years it was a Wizard show. It has slightly fewer vendors than C2E2, a few producers show up, but the artists alley there rivals C2E2, IMO. I was able to walk straight up to Ethan Van Sciver, Arthur Suydam, & Neal Adams with NO line. Also, huge list of "celebrities" doing signings & photos. I found many Minimates there including some hard to find TRU EXs and all were right around (or less than) retail.

East Coast doesn't have anything to do with it, you're still paying for hotel, booth space, freight, etc. Baltimore could MAYBE be done on the cheap, due to proximity, but I'm not even sure about that one. And we already do New York, which is only a few hours away.

Like I said, it's a time and manpower factor, as well, so I doubt we'll add shows any time soon, BUT Florida would certainly be a region that we do not currently get to. That and the Northwest. Is Emerald City Comic Con any good?