UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2013-Discussion Thread

voml54.jpg

WINTER SOLDIER(S). HAWKEYE. BLACK WIDOW. VIPER. BARON VON STRUCKER.

I. Can't. Breathe. BEST Comic-con ever. Thanks Zach and DST. Just AMAZING.

Imagine how much better it'll become when the panel goes live this saturday. Man, this is the best comic con in years! The most awesome minimate line-up (i love secret avengers o i'm glad to hae the roster close to completed), CAP 2, THOR 2, GOTG news, DOFP news, mabe a confirmation of the X-force movie and much more!

Edited by Kostisfire

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the AA site it says that in the Minimate panel this saturday they'll show aliens and a new big minimate line. So, i bet that the best will be shown in the panel.

But if the licensors haven't allowed release of pics of prototypes they might also prohibit the control art. I believe DST has shown pics at panels in the past where pics weren't allowed.

In the AA site it says that in the Minimate panel this saturday they'll show aliens and a new big minimate line. So, i bet that the best will be shown in the panel.

But if the licensors haven't allowed release of pics of prototypes they might also prohibit the control art. I believe DST has shown pics at panels in the past where pics weren't allowed.

True that. If they aren't shown now then maybe we'll see them in NYCC.

In other news... you remember Hasbro's big Return of Marvel Legends? Well, they've shown one new wave... and then that'll be it. We'll be getting nothing but movie tie-in waves going forward. And Marvel Universe is ending as well, to be replaced by an Avengers- branded line. Ah well.

In other news... you remember Hasbro's big Return of Marvel Legends? Well, they've shown one new wave... and then that'll be it. We'll be getting nothing but movie tie-in waves going forward. And Marvel Universe is ending as well, to be replaced by an Avengers- branded line. Ah well.

Really? I'd heard about the MU rebranding, but they're ending Legends already?

Yep. Rebranding the line into movie tie-in lines, more in line with IM3 and Wolverine Legends. Possibly not a bad idea, with 4(?) films next year, and they have the potential to deliver worthwhile characters.

I'm pretty disappointed by cancelling Phoenix Five Cyclops. That figure looked incredible. They cited it's because the costume is out of date...but so is the Bianchi one they're releasing.

I just hope all 3 Jeans and both Hawkeyes make it out. Sentry and Iron Fist just got pushed to the grey area like the Epic Heroes wave. Sad.

Well so far I have spent over 500 dollars on just Minimates alone today. Going back in after a while to check for more and see what I might have missed. But this year seems pretty crazy and over packed then the last couple years.

Well so far I have spent over 500 dollars on just Minimates alone today. Going back in after a while to check for more and see what I might have missed. But this year seems pretty crazy and over packed then the last couple years.

Wow! Even more over packed than the last few years? I didn't think that was possible due to the Fire Marshall's restrictions! Unless everyone goes in the dealers room at the same times.

Hate to say it, but if that's true, I'm actually relieved that Legends is ending (again). I can't justify spending $20 per figure.

Yep. Rebranding the line into movie tie-in lines, more in line with IM3 and Wolverine Legends. Possibly not a bad idea, with 4(?) films next year, and they have the potential to deliver worthwhile characters.

I'm pretty disappointed by cancelling Phoenix Five Cyclops. That figure looked incredible. They cited it's because the costume is out of date...but so is the Bianchi one they're releasing.

I just hope all 3 Jeans and both Hawkeyes make it out. Sentry and Iron Fist just got pushed to the grey area like the Epic Heroes wave. Sad.

The whole rolling changes thing was really poorly done. I understand the idea behind it, but it just did not work in practice. I'll be sad if that sweet Heroic Age Hawkeye doesn't make it out, but the really hard one to take will be Bulldozer. If we only get 3/4ths of the Wrecking Crew....verymad.gif

I don't even know if I could spend over $500 on Minimates. Wouldn't mind giving it a try, though.

Hate to say it, but if that's true, I'm actually relieved that Legends is ending (again). I can't justify spending $20 per figure.

I LOL'ed when I saw the $14.99 SRP on the cards in the pics. They've always been $17.99 to $22.99 with the average of $19.99 here in LA (the prices vary from TRU to TRU and Target to Target here.)

No Pulp or Sin City Mates on display, but soon, I hope.

I just had visions of Zorro, the Shadow and the Phantom. Sadly they were ejected by Travolta and the gimp once I realized Pulp meant Fiction, not fiction. sad.png

I think i agree with you too. This line has felt like an obligation to me for the last 5 years. I bought the new Mystique figure... although i didn't really want her. I just wanted to have all the X-Men characters so that if/when the line picked up again i'd have a full set. She's still in her box though... i haven't even opened it.

If this last line gets released, Jim Lee Jean Grey will be the last ML figure i ever buy.... and that's actually kind of fitting, since i've wanted her ever since ToyBiz started the line, way back when.

I understand Hasbro's change for the Marvel Legends (stores order more for movies and it's easier to sell if it's movie related) and I'm ok with it as long as Hasbro either makes them one wave or includes more figures in the first wave. The first wave of all movie figs is always heavily ordered and the following waves are a pain in the butt to find.

As for DST's new big line they will announce at the panel I'm guessing it will be a Tarantino/Rodríguez license which Pulp Fiction and Sin City will be the first mates. I'm in for Kill Bill minimates but I'm not really interested in anything else.

Hopefully I'm wrong and it's Hellboy or TMNT (especially since Playmates is really dropping the ball with the TMNT classics line).

ML is my main line, and I have to say that the fear is being blown out of proportion.

I think it's safe to say that this doesn't mean much aside from themed waves, which I like anyway. Look at the Wolverine series about to come out...how many of them are in the movie? Iron Man waves...I don't remember seeing Ultron, Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man in any movies, yet they sit on my shelf.
Fact is, you can tie most if not all characters to a themed wave. Gladiator? X-Men wave, he fought them enough and was in their book. Enchantress? Well she's homies with Thor, so Thor or Avengers. You can literally tie in any character to a main team.
This is probably just a method to 1) give the retailers a constructive selling point and 2) make us buy a few extra movie figures. And you know what, if it means a better retail presence, that's fine. And if you don't like the movie figures, put em on eBay immediately like I do and make your money back.
Lastly, Hasbro is consistently inconsistent. ML disappeared and was replaced with MU, ML comes back, MU dies, year of the small BAFs...two packs, they change every year. Fact is, we've gotten some really cool characters out of them that I wouldn't expect to get (BATROC???), and I don't see a reason why that would stop. ML is a cash cow and they know it. They'll get us product, and the line will continue. I'm not worried at all.
ML is not ending. They're just trying to streamline it and package it in a more cohesive manner to retailers.
Also of the info we're getting is second hand with a lot of conflicting info, so let's wait until the panel. Fact is, ML will be fine.

So what's going on with the universal monsters line? I can't imagine my invisible mate much longer and The Phantom needs to be released!

other then that the mates shown so far look amazing! I wasn't too excited at toyfare but wave 17 looks amazing!! I wonder what the mystery line is; I know dst has denied it soooo many times, but looking at those DC and Star Wars posters beside the minimates posters makes any mate-aholic erk

I love all the pics of the Marvel minimates, but now I have a question, when do we get Banshee, Black Knight, Mojo, Wrecker, Hydro Armor Iron Man, amongst all the other Wave 50 choices??? I remember Zach hinting after the results were announced that may see very few of the losers in other waves and now we have Steve Rogers, Falcon, Winter Soldier, and Baron Von Strucker coming before or soon after Wave 50. I know plans change over time, I just hope more of the losers are on their way now.

I'm also jonesing to see the Aliens minimates. I hate that they won't let anyone take pics of them.