UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2013-Discussion Thread

Did anyone else notice that almost all of the new figs look like the finished product? No unpainted corners, no decals, nothing. They look glossy and ready to ship. Maybe the release dates aren't that far from reality. In the plus side we'l get all these awesome stuff earlier but in the not-so-great-side-of-things my wallet will struggle with all these things. I hope they get pushed back a month from their written release date.

Edited by Kostisfire

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm highly doubting these are finished products. DST wouldn't have items for general release close to shipping without having announced them. With the exception of what we've seen tray shots or packaged pics for, I believe these are all just paint samples.

I'm highly doubting these are finished products. DST wouldn't have items for general release close to shipping without having announced them. With the exception of what we've seen tray shots or packaged pics for, I believe these are all just paint samples.

I know the general rule but these do look better than all the other years. Most figures that are shown in sdcc have visible decals, have paint scratched off, have a bit of puty on them and so on. TRU 17 looks surprisingly clean. Some of the mates do have visible decals (wolvie,red skull) though. So i'm thinking that we may see all of them by the end of this year or the start of the next.

Edited by Kostisfire

I am loving the look of the new Battle Beasts. All of the beasts translated really well from the control art to figure form. Really surprised by the Bear. I love him! After the kuma SvT figure, I didn't think we would get a bear soon, even though he was one of the ones that made the most sense based on the comics.

I really like the look of that mecha-hulk. If there are going to be any Marvel minimates that i pick up, it's typically armored ones or thor stuff. I am a sucker for armored minimates. Usually they end up getting an animal head eventually, but this mecha-hulk might have to stay the way he is when I get him.

I know we aren't supposed to have seen the alien mates yet, but man that xenomorph looks amazing! I can not wait to get my hands on a couple of these. I am already thinking about what ways I can paint these and how I can make some sweet alien customs from the early 90's comic book.

I do think most of these are proto types, but yes TRU 17 looks to be finished, since usually translucent mates are not translucent in their prototype stage, plus I'm pretty sure Zach said this asset was ready to go

HOT SEX!!

I am just grateful to finally get Winter Soldier. He has become one of my favorite characters, and I'm just glad to see him, especially since they covered both looks for the character. Thank you DST.

I haven't seen any pics of the Thor 2 'mates, where did you guys see those?

HOT SEX!!

I am just grateful to finally get Winter Soldier. He has become one of my favorite characters, and I'm just glad to see him, especially since they covered both looks for the character. Thank you DST.

I haven't seen any pics of the Thor 2 'mates, where did you guys see those?

Third photo:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=12417&p=280577

Liking 99% of what I'm seeing, Personally I would have preferred Falcon's classic look and I'm still not a fan of the Wolvie movie mates but everything else is great. I have been able to avoid Battle Beasts but that Cow looks like one I'll have to get.

Wolvie mates just seem kind of boring to me, but this is coming from someone who really likes the 80's X-Force/X-Men and Alpha Flight mates.

Liking 99% of what I'm seeing, Personally I would have preferred Falcon's classic look and I'm still not a fan of the Wolvie movie mates but everything else is great. I have been able to avoid Battle Beasts but that Cow looks like one I'll have to get.

Pretty much exactly my thoughts on the marvel stuff. Overall really pleased to see so many new characters and one of my 2 most wanted redos in absorbing man. Wave 54 in particular is a winner in my book.

Too bad , i thought Superior Spiderman was in Wave 51 , thanks for clearing that up bro !

We get SpOck's first costume in 51 and his second costume in 17. I really wanted a Kaine as well. Maybe we get packed with a red flash venom.

Edited by Kostisfire