UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Four Horsemen's The Ravens figures

And the Screamin’ ‘Murican Eagle is now unlocked...

which means FREE DUCK FEET!!!

(and this is the most excited a Chinese man has ever been shouting that phrase when NOT at an all-you-can-eat buffet)

EDIT:

If you want all 12 but want to save some money the Horsemen are allowing one add-on $400 for a set of 12, and this can be applied to any level so one can get a full set for $401 a $37 saving*!!

*If you however are already in for a pledge of level 4 or higher this is a BAD deal though, as it’s $4 MORE to get a full set add-on then it is to get 12 one-bird add-ons ($396)

Edited by dr baghead

• 2 weeks later...

I know it’s pretty much only me posting in here anymore, but that’s fine... I wanted to update on the updates:

-All 12 original variants are now unlocked

-Battle Pack is now available for both Black AND White Ravens

-Minotaur the Duck comes with free Duck Feet

-Feathered Wings in White, Black, Dark Brown, Light Brown, and Red are available for purchase

-Bone wings with a bonus Skull head are available for purchase

-Secret 13th variant: the Pink Flamingo has now been unlocked.

I’m hoping they’re done with stretch goals because while the kickstarter could milk more money out of people with more goals, I’m just about tapped out... I’m at $924 now (changing my original plan of 2 of each plus an extra duck, to selective doubles, 3 ducks/roosters, a set of each wings, and both battle packs) and I can’t go much more then that.

also, to anyone who can’t give to the Kickstarter: A few retailers have apparently contacted the Horsemen about getting their own variants, so there will definitely be other means to obtain these figures.

... so yeah, given this Kickstarter is going too well and Mattel decided to dump a HUGE load of new Monster High product this month, I’m personally very glad it looks like the next batch of new Minimates aren’t hitting until next month, my wallet needs a little breathing room at this point.

$924 on one line of figures...all at once...holy jeez. Not sure whether to be happy or scared for you!

Think i'll finally pledge for a few when i get paid Thursday. Raven, Cardinal, White Raven, Quetzalcoatl, Flamingo, and the Bone Wings are all the ones i'd be after, but that gets pricey fast.

I had to drop out to make sure I had the money at the end of the project and with all the changes I wanted to makes sure I found the best way to just get the figures without having to get everything else. So, what's the best way to get the figures without having to get everything else?

$924 on one line of figures...all at once...holy jeez. Not sure whether to be happy or scared for you!

Hot Toys is making those pods to display their Iron Man figures in and a set of 7 will run you nearly $740, and if you want those arms that remove the armor from Tony it’s another $350, and that’s not including the price of the 7 Iron Man suits and a Tony you need to buy to put into the pods.... they want $450+ each for an Avengers Hulk and an Iron Monger

The amount of figures I’m getting isn’t much different then getting two years of a MotUC sub which is also bought on blind faith but I don’t have to worry about getting a character I don’t like and need to sell on eBay.

I guess my point is, be afraid for me, because if they announce any more variants or high ticket goals I’m f**ked.

Wow - i truly never thought i'd see the day where anyone on the MMMV was excited to get duck-feet.

I get the joke... but I actually like duck feet (my Sagat and Aquaman customs wouldn’t be the same without them)

I had to drop out to make sure I had the money at the end of the project and with all the changes I wanted to makes sure I found the best way to just get the figures without having to get everything else. So, what's the best way to get the figures without having to get everything else?

Just the figures? Pledge $401. Pledge level is option on, when you get the survey tell them you want “set of 12” as your add on.

So this is the last day for the Kickstarter pledge drive. I decided to pony up and get one-- the falcon. I really like the owl, but I didn't see where the unlocked stuff was available for purchase. Oh well, I'll probably get him when he comes out.

For the love of God, don't tell my wife!blush.png

So this is the last day for the Kickstarter pledge drive. I decided to pony up and get one-- the falcon. I really like the owl, but I didn't see where the unlocked stuff was available for purchase. Oh well, I'll probably get him when he comes out.

They're all add-ons; you add however much the one figure costs (shown at the bottom of the page) at the pledge screen.

Keep seeing people say that about this Kickstarter... am I the only who’s significant other was in favor of this Kickstarter? Granted she did design Minotaur the Duck’s helmet (and yes I will say that every chance I get because I’m so happy for her, getting her work rendered into reality by three of greatest sculptors alive today) but how can so many wives be against the idea of really pretty birds?!

anyhooo, I had to adjust my totals when the “All-In” bonus was announced since I couldn’t justify spending over a thousand dollars. I ended up going with:

-$1 minimum pledge

-$675 All-In add-on

-$165 for an extra Falcon, Vulture, Chicken, and two more Minotaur the Ducks

-$18 for an extra set of Bone Wings (for Scarabus, or maybe both Vultures get a set)

-$30 for 10 flight stands (which if they work well I’ll be dropping countless more money on them when they hit storehorsemen, their older figures look great can’t stand worth a crap.)

grand total: $889, but hey! that’s why they make rewards features on credit cards right? to redeem when you make a stupid huge purchase?

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

They've shipped! Opened mine today; the Falcon and the Owl. I did end up putting them in the freezer to take care of some stuck joints, but unfortunately I was not quite careful enough and one of the Owl's elbows broke. Oh well, just means he can't bend that arm. It seems like the thigh rotation at the ball joint is particularly troublesome, as both figures still have some issues there.

One thing I wish the Horsemen had done would be to make variants of the figures in team colors. For example, I'm a Philadelphia Eagles fan, and I'd love to get the eagle in midnight green and black. I'm sure Atlanta Falcons or St. Louis Cardinals fans would feel the same.

These are the first 4H figures I've bought, and they've made me regret not getting on board before. So now I'm off looking for some of the previous 7th Kingdom stuff.

I definitely don't have the money right now, but the store is sold out of everything but the Timekeepers (the wings are "preorder on hold"), and only the Patriotic Eagalus is expected back in stock (according to the site). :(

I sent them an e-mail asking if any of the rest will be returning, but I'm not very hopeful.

Can't even find anything (but the Timekeepers) on eBay, either. :(

I kickstarted the legends of cthulhu figs and afterwards I read about the ravens line and looked it up with my new understanding of kickstarter, ands it was pretty amazing the variety the horseman offered. I've always been inspired by their work.

I definitely was digging the cardinal, but there were so many I'd like.

• 4 weeks later...

Got mine today... One of my chickens (the only one I’ve fully opened so far) is very poorly made, knee peg isn’t inserted properly and he popped apart at the middle... the paint’s really sloppy across the board too.<br /><br />My wife likes them enough, so eh, money well spent... but I probably won’t be as generous with the Mythic Legends Kickstarter (if I even go at all.)