UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Zombies

Zak Katz

I know where you're coming from Zach and I feel quite certain you are a better judge when it comes to business decisions, but my point might better be described in this way... Magneto is a good guy sometimes and a bad guy others (good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun). He has been mostly on the good side for a while now (granted skirting the boundaries). Marvel decides, lets claim he is bad so we can make a zombie version of him. Couldn't you just do the same thing with Hawkeye? I mean, he was a bad guy once, too. That is hypocritical to me.

That said, I don't blame them for picking and choosing who gets the Z treatment. I already alluded that I would never have done the zombie thing even from the beginning.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know where you're coming from Zach and I feel quite certain you are a better judge when it comes to business decisions, but my point might better be described in this way... Magneto is a good guy sometimes and a bad guy others (good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun). He has been mostly on the good side for a while now (granted skirting the boundaries). Marvel decides, lets claim he is bad so we can make a zombie version of him. Couldn't you just do the same thing with Hawkeye? I mean, he was a bad guy once, too. That is hypocritical to me.

That said, I don't blame them for picking and choosing who gets the Z treatment. I already alluded that I would never have done the zombie thing even from the beginning.

You make a good point about Magneto. Primarily good or primarily bad, I forgot he has been one of the X-Men for quite some time now. But yeah, Marvel characters do seem to walk a more winding line than DC characters. Juggernaut and Sabretooth have been X-Men, and I'm pretty sure they're both on the villains list, and Cyclops is still considered a hero, as well in spite of recent events. Not sure where Emma Frost falls on the marketing spectrum (probably nowhere).

I honestly don't think there's a worry it will turn kids into Hitler. I think they just want all of their Cap/Spidey/Wolverine imagery to be the same, to prevent confusion and encourage the crossover to comics.

When I first heard about "Marvel Zombies," I pictured a book about Marvel's most rabid fans, certainly not undead versions of their most venerable characters.

Maybe Marvel was trying to undermine and redefine the (derogatory?) nickname given to unclean, out-of-shape, Marvel-sweatshirt-clad, mouth-breathers pressing themselves up against comic shop windows shortly before the stores open every Wednesday.

I always took the nickname as a complimentary one, people who were rabidly and singlemindedly passionate about Marvel comics. I've enjoyed DC books, but I was pure Marvel for a long time, and would have called myself such.

When the book first came out, I thought it was a clever twist on the phrase, but I rarely make the connection any more.

Yeah, I agree. You guys are the modern day Mego Corp of parts reuse. You'll figure it out. Plus, there is the standard green Man-thing, the glow-in-the-dark Man-thing, the convention exclusive gold Man-thing, assorted promo translucent Man-things, and of course, Battle Damaged Man-thing.

Yeah, I agree. You guys are the modern day Mego Corp of parts reuse. You'll figure it out. Plus, there is the standard green Man-thing, the glow-in-the-dark Man-thing, the convention exclusive gold Man-thing, assorted promo translucent Man-things, and of course, Battle Damaged Man-thing.

If he got bitten by Werewolf by Night, would he be a Hairy Man-Thing?

If he got bitten by Werewolf by Night, would he be a Hairy Man-Thing?

Oh my! laugh.png

Cyclops is still considered a hero, as well in spite of recent events.

CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT

teehee.gif

You kill one old guy, suddenly youre the most hated person in the world.

Like he's going to stay dead anyway.

But I want to add my voice to the support for Man-Thing!! I insist that we all get a Man-Thing!! Who doesn't want a Man-Thing? Everybody loves a good Man-Thing!! And now, while I wait for the inevitable comments on that, I was going to say the restriction on heroes for Marvel Zombies may be a blessing in disguise. We got Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Wolverine and Daredevil last time as well as Giant Man, if they could make heroes too I think we'd end up getting most of those guys again before we ever got to Magneto or Red Skull, we get to go straight to new stuff instead of getting the original box set over again.