UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Zombies

Zak Katz

They've felt this way about their main characters for a while now. Several years, as far as I know. And there's a difference between an evil version of a character, a resurrected version of a character, and a murderous cannibal version of a character. I honestly don't blame them.

Ultimate Hulk eats people.

I'm just calling out Marvel on their shenanigans, that's all. I was surprised the publisher (and DST, for that matter) even went with Marvel Zombies in the first place but it's out there and in Minimate form.

Then again, this is the same spineless corporation that backed down from a totally fabricated issue not long ago. I'm sure they're in full politically correct mode and don't want to piss off any "concerned mothers."

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all people want is a Zombie Thor or Zombie Sue, I think we've given everyone the parts they need to make a quick custom of any zombie hero they could ever want. ...Well, except Banshee.

It was all fun and games until Banshee was mentioned! That stings, Zach! Haha, seriously though, I didn't even think of using other zombie parts to make custom Zombie heroes. That's brilliant!

Edited by MisterMiracle

Did we solicit one?

Hell yes and I had it on pre-order. Shortly after it was inexplicably no longer on offer. A few of the busts were released, but Hulk got shelved. I really wanted it. None of the protos have ever surfaced.

Zombie Captain Boomerang sits in the corner and weeps.

Did you mean Boomerang, or was that an intentional cross-company reference? DC seems to have no problem making toys of zombie heroes. Well, except Captain boomerang:

Captain_Boomerang_Black_Lantern_Corps_00

So... They should create a whole new storyline and mythology? I guess they could do that. But then you're throwing out all the comics and products that have come before. I thought the point was to get figures of characters we liked in the earlier comics.

If all people want is a Zombie Thor or Zombie Sue, I think we've given everyone the parts they need to make a quick custom of any zombie hero they could ever want. ...Well, except Banshee.

Damn, I really shouldn't try to think during the day time, I'm never fully awake until after sunset. I really didn't mean that a new storyline was needed, in fact the whole idea wasn't even mine. In truth it actually came from my five-year-old nephew. On the rare occasions I let him play with my minimates, ordinarily he is restricted to building his own characters from my fodder boxes, he usually has Spider-Man or Wolverine fighting my zombie heroes with a few walking dead mixed mixed in.

I'll pass on Zombie Banshee, but I'd be game for a Zombie Squadron Supreme. In fact I think I'd prefer the Zombie version to the standard Squadron.

Hopefully five-year-olds will love having zombie villains for their heroes to fight. I used to think we needed to keep the zombies away from the kids, but so many kids at SDCC loved the Walking Dead.

I would love to get Squadron Minimates, preferably living ones, but I don't know what their deal is. Have toys ever been made of them?

How about a set of "battle-damaged" heroes instead? wink.png

Hail Ivan!

fig0962flg.jpgfig0012flg.jpgfig0571flg.jpgfig0026flg.jpgfig0111flg.jpgfig0078flg.jpgfig0646flg.jpgfig0279flg.jpg

So at this point, no shot at Sentry or the Fantastic Four? Those are the most essential zombies still missing. :)

Zero shot. All of the zombies are evil, but those characters are still Marvel superheroes.

Is Sentry really a hero at this point? He started as a hero in his first mini, but he was always pretty awful once he hit mainstream Marvel. He was introduced as someone who had murdered his wife (debunked, but still), rips enemies in half to kill them (Carnage, Ares, Morgan le Fey), and is currently in Uncanny Avengers as an evil avatar of death who can rip off his own face.

Alternative question: is it conceivable that you could release him under the name "Zombie Void" instead? His Void personality is definitely a villain.

What about zombie Hawkeye or Black Panther? They were still heroes who defended normal humans against the evil zombies.

I can't believe any of this is backon the table. Getting Marvel Zombies in any shape makes me a happy camper!

Is Sentry really a hero at this point? He started as a hero in his first mini, but he was always pretty awful once he hit mainstream Marvel. He was introduced as someone who had murdered his wife (debunked, but still), rips enemies in half to kill them (Carnage, Ares, Morgan le Fey), and is currently in Uncanny Avengers as an evil avatar of death who can rip off his own face.

I'd argue that when it comes to Marvel characters in general, there's not a lot of black or white when it comes to good or evil. All heroes are flawed and all villains can be redeemed. That used to be something that distinguished Marvel Comics from other publishers.

That said, it doesn't really matter since a zombie infection doesn't discriminate. Hero, villain, toy collector; it's all the same to those undead biters.

I agree with you MPL. Some of the most beloved Marvel heroes started out as villians...

That said, I guess I can see what marvel is doing, but it just seems hypocritical in a way.

Marvel gives us VERY few restrictions. And I'm not sure it's hypocritical so much as the entire structure and focus of the company has changed since they put out that first series all those years ago. The big-name heroes are far more bankable than they ever have been, and they don't want them depicted in that light. Why scare kids and moms? Luckily, we got a half-dozen or so out there.

Hypocritical is an opinion. I understand what you are saying Zach and I agree. It is exactly what shocked me about Marvel Zombies in the first place. Captain America and Spiderman trying to kill and eat harmless citizens?!?! Its not an easy thing to swallow without buying into the whole "another reality" thing, and that still makes it only somewhat acceptable to people like me who loathe "alternate realities".

My assertion as to the hypocritical nature of this is that its already been done. There is a long run of books and a decent run of toys/collectibles. If there was damage, its probably already done. So now the characters are too good to become flesh-eaters? Not really, but I understand the decision anyway. As I stated, all just an opinion. Mine. Bringing a new box set of Zombie characters to the table, good or evil, is putting dents in their attempts to mitigate or damage control away what has been done in the past. I am HAPPY to get more, but Zombie Colonel America is already an established character in the Marvel-verse and Spiderman did in fact eat Mary Jane. Limiting the line will not make that go away.

Oh and make Man-Thing a minimate.

My opinion: people need to stop being p*****s about this kind of stuff, when did everyone become so sensitive? Little Jimmy isn't going to grow up to become the next Hitler because he saw these in a comic store or in a Previews ad ( I'm assuming they wouldn't be sold in Disney doors, only direct market).

And I think Marvel Zombies are garbage so I don't even have a horse in this race.

Edited by bigvis497