UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Zombies

Zak Katz

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those connections seem to be tenuous, but I am happier that there is some reference art for the characters. I guess if zombies are what sells then it would be better to get more people into minimates by appealing to that in order to have more fans down the line. Anything that keeps our minimates coming in general must be good.

Does it disturb anyone else that Wasp is sitting just inches away from Magneto's zombie member?

Haha I didn't even notice that

Well Magneto and Galactus never became zombies in the actual comic, but this looks good, so I don't mind at all. I really hope we can get more of these after this box set. Minimates have the best Marvel Zombies lineup out of all the collectibles out there, and getting the Fantastic Four would be great.

Does it disturb anyone else that Wasp is sitting just inches away from Magneto's zombie member?

Yes, it disturbs me. It's clearly a zombie version of X-Men #1 and she's not an X-Men. Very disturbing that the artist missed the obvious.

I looked at the full art piece, and lol, I confused Gambit with Rachel.

I love these! Even though Galactus is not cannon, this set rocks. I was wondering, if Marvel Zombies are back, if they may be the TRU fan poll this year.

I love these! Even though Galactus is not cannon, this set rocks. I was wondering, if Marvel Zombies are back, if they may be the TRU fan poll this year.

I hope not. Lets get some variety.

I agree. These actually look very nice figures and I'm pleased for all the zombie fans but they aren't on my wishlist. For me, what with all the movie waves and boxsets based on variations of only one character, it's yet another reveal not containing any new or classic characters. I trust Zach that there will hopefully be some good new stuff in waves 54/17 etc but it seems to have been the longest time since any new characters have been announced to me since I've been collecting the line (since wave 1!).

Either way though, from what Zach has said I very much doubt that marvel zombies will feature in the TRU poll. Looking forward to finding out what is in it for sure though...

Wave 50 is full of new characters! Wave 51 has Shanna, Maria Hill, Fury Jr., a Reaper, I mean I don't get what your referring to...

Edited by Zak Katz

Wave 50 is full of new characters! Wave 51 has Shanna, Maria Hill, Fury Jr., a Reaper, I mean I don't get what your referring to...

The waves that are about to come out have new characters, but as far as announcements go it's been a while since we've heard that there are new characters coming. Or at least it feels that way, I don't know that I'd say DST is actually lacking in getting new characters out.

I feel sort of the same. I mean, we have like 10+ variants of 1 character. Its just hard to feel excited for the next few months after 50/51/16, since we've known about them for months. 2 boxsets have no new characters, 1 box set has 1 technically new character, and this boxset has a new look for 1 character.

I'm referring to exactly what stack and xexion just said really. I know we are getting some great new characters in 50 and 51 but they are imminent (I hope!) and after that we currently have very few if any new characters (and certainly classic ones) announced to look forward to. Plus we have known about 50 in particular and 51 for a long time now, hence my point that it seems ages since any new character announcements.

Like I said I appreciate that many of the sets that have been announced lately are very popular with board members, they just haven't been ones that appeal to me personally. But as we know you can't please all the people all the time.

I'm referring to exactly what stack and xexion just said really. I know we are getting some great new characters in 50 and 51 but they are imminent (I hope!) and after that we currently have very few if any new characters (and certainly classic ones) announced to look forward to. Plus we have known about 50 in particular and 51 for a long time now, hence my point that it seems ages since any new character announcements.

Like I said I appreciate that many of the sets that have been announced lately are very popular with board members, they just haven't been ones that appeal to me personally. But as we know you can't please all the people all the time.

I think that is the trick of press releases. Say something too soon and we are bored when the date arrives. Plus weren't these waves held? I feel your pain about not getting characters that you want/are clamoring for. I know that every character is someone's favorite but it is tough when I know that besides Phoenix, all of my favorite characters are C or D list and odds of getting them are beyond slim to none.

Yeah I hear what you are saying there (especially on liking c and d list characters!) and you are right that the timing of announcements is important. However, part of the fun of collecting, for me at least, is anticipating the upcoming releases and ultimately it's new characters that I look forward to. I guess all I'm basically saying is that the most recent announcements have either been movie figures or characters we already have, which for me personally have only a very limited appeal and are not what I really collect the line for.

Having said that I would add that there were some truly awesome new characters at the start of the year in waves 48/15 and the strange tales set. And as I also said, from Zach's hints we will probably have some good new stuff to anticipate soon in 54/17 etc, hopefully once SDCC arrives...

• 2 months later...