UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Zombies

Zak Katz

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the license is for traditional villains who are zombies, regardless of MZ comic continuity. There were probably ten more characters on the memo, and if you've read MZ1, you can probably figure out who they were, but I'm not sure if we're restricted to just them.

Ten more characters? Based on the original miniseries, I guess we could possibly get Doc Ock, Lizard, Venom, Rhino, Juggernaut, Sabretooth, Stilt Man, Dr Doom, Super Skrull, and Mole Man. Vulture was in the original series as well, I think.

So at this point, no shot at Sentry or the Fantastic Four? Those are the most essential zombies still missing. :)

I believe the license is for traditional villains who are zombies, regardless of MZ comic continuity. There were probably ten more characters on the memo, and if you've read MZ1, you can probably figure out who they were, but I'm not sure if we're restricted to just them.

So at this point, no shot at Sentry or the Fantastic Four? Those are the most essential zombies still missing. smile.png

Zero shot. All of the zombies are evil, but those characters are still Marvel superheroes.

Cool designs on the package. Who design the packaging for these? I see you didn't have little zombie silver surfer. I was kind of expecting him.

Our in-house designers, Steve and Kelly, are very talented. They do all of our packaging, ads and catalog photography.

Did DST ever post the control art for these wave? If so, anyone have a link?

I don;t think I did! I will try to do so, but the next week will be busy.

So at this point, no shot at Sentry or the Fantastic Four? Those are the most essential zombies still missing. smile.png

Zero shot. All of the zombies are evil, but those characters are still Marvel superheroes.

>Cool designs on the package. Who design the packaging for these? I see you didn't have little zombie silver surfer. I was kind of expecting him.

Our in-house designers, Steve and Kelly, are very talented. They do all of our packaging, ads and catalog photography.

Did DST ever post the control art for these wave? If so, anyone have a link?

I don;t think I did! I will try to do so, but the next week will be busy.

Big ups to Steve and Kelly. Nice job, from one designer to another.

I think it's a riot that Marvel (or more likely Disney) suddenly doesn't want its heroes un-dead. This publisher kills off and resurrects characters almost annually. Heck, DC killed off Bruce Wayne while WB was offering The Dark Knight to record audiences.

But I guess we can't confuse the kiddies watching the cartoons. I'm sure they're the same ones dragging their parents to comic shops to buy 4-packs of Minimates. Goodness knows I wouldn't want to field the awkward questions that would arise when an impressionable child sees one of their favorite cartoon characters in a threatening light.

They've felt this way about their main characters for a while now. Several years, as far as I know. And there's a difference between an evil version of a character, a resurrected version of a character, and a murderous cannibal version of a character. I honestly don't blame them.

While I can understand the reasoning behind no zombie heroes Marvel/Disney should see that they can have their heroes and zombie heroes at the same time. As long as it is clear in the packaging that the heoro and the zombie hero aren't the same character.

As an example Thor faces off against Zombies from another universe. The box would then include: Thor using a look that has yet to be made, Zombie Thor (preferable in a suit that has been made in the past for the collectors), Zombie Thanos (Villain), and for the last spot either another Zombie villain or another hero that is immune such as Zombie Dark Phoenix or Machine Man. Considering Thor's power levels I'd go with Zombie Dark Phoenix saving Machine Man to help out Captain America or Spider-Man.

I think were still aiming for 10/30, but we'll see.

Nebraska, you know we're discussing new zombie product, right? Heroes are off the table, because Marvel has a lot riding on them nowadays, but villains are okay.

Sorry, what I meant to ask was about zombie heroes, but you just answered my query. Too bad I'll never see Sue. :(

<---

While I can understand the reasoning behind no zombie heroes Marvel/Disney should see that they can have their heroes and zombie heroes at the same time. As long as it is clear in the packaging that the heoro and the zombie hero aren't the same character.

As an example Thor faces off against Zombies from another universe. The box would then include: Thor using a look that has yet to be made, Zombie Thor (preferable in a suit that has been made in the past for the collectors), Zombie Thanos (Villain), and for the last spot either another Zombie villain or another hero that is immune such as Zombie Dark Phoenix or Machine Man. Considering Thor's power levels I'd go with Zombie Dark Phoenix saving Machine Man to help out Captain America or Spider-Man.

So... They should create a whole new storyline and mythology? I guess they could do that. But then you're throwing out all the comics and products that have come before. I thought the point was to get figures of characters we liked in the earlier comics.

If all people want is a Zombie Thor or Zombie Sue, I think we've given everyone the parts they need to make a quick custom of any zombie hero they could ever want. ...Well, except Banshee.

So... They should create a whole new storyline and mythology? I guess they could do that. But then you're throwing out all the comics and products that have come before. I thought the point was to get figures of characters we liked in the earlier comics.

If all people want is a Zombie Thor or Zombie Sue, I think we've given everyone the parts they need to make a quick custom of any zombie hero they could ever want. ...Well, except Banshee.

Zombie Captain Boomerang sits in the corner and weeps.

Damn, I really shouldn't try to think during the day time, I'm never fully awake until after sunset. I really didn't mean that a new storyline was needed, in fact the whole idea wasn't even mine. In truth it actually came from my five-year-old nephew. On the rare occasions I let him play with my minimates, ordinarily he is restricted to building his own characters from my fodder boxes, he usually has Spider-Man or Wolverine fighting my zombie heroes with a few walking dead mixed mixed in.

I'll pass on Zombie Banshee, but I'd be game for a Zombie Squadron Supreme. In fact I think I'd prefer the Zombie version to the standard Squadron.