UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Power Rangers Minimates

On 1/19/2023 at 8:26 PM, DSTZach said:

Luke needs to order more! Alternatively, diamondselecttoys.com has Series 1 -- not sure what the shipping is like to the UK, but they do ship internationally.

Power Rangers (Series 1) Minimates Box Set (diamondselecttoys.com)

Ta, I managed to order a pack from Amazon in the end. I’ll have to keep an eye out for as soon as series 2 releases so I don’t almost miss out again.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what the Imaginext Rita headdress looks like on a Minimate body; the only modification required was sticking the headdress in boiling water to soften the plastic, and it will slip on with ease.

The magic wand is from the Loyal Subjects figure.PXL_20230125_225034918_copy_907x1074.thumb.jpg.6df81e5d3123aacee94ec8e4319618ba.jpg

18 hours ago, dj87 said:

This is what the Imaginext Rita headdress looks like on a Minimate body; the only modification required was sticking the headdress in boiling water to soften the plastic, and it will slip on with ease.

The magic wand is from the Loyal Subjects figure.PXL_20230125_225034918_copy_907x1074.thumb.jpg.6df81e5d3123aacee94ec8e4319618ba.jpg

Nice. That looks really good

16 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Very cool!

Thank you Zach, but I'll be more than happy to retire her as soon as you announce those villains sets:

1) Rita, Zed & 2 Zed Putties

2) Goldar, Scorpina & 2 standard Putties

I realise most of the MMPR villains would require massive amounts of unique tooling, so concede it's unlikely we'll get too many one-and-done monsters.

I would be down with packing similar to the new tmnt offerings for future packs. Do zord packaging featuring the corresponding ranger, two putty or other grunt, a villain, and an alternate look:

• t-Rex zord - Red Ranger, 2 putty, Rita, movie ninja robe red ranger 
  • triceratops zord - Blue Ranger, Goldar, 2 super putty, ninja robe blue ranger 
  • sabertooth zord - yellow ranger, Scorpina, 2 putty, robe yellow ranger 
  • pterodactyl zord - pink ranger, Ivan Ooze, 2 tanga warriors, robe pink ranger 
  • mastodon zord - black ranger, zedd, 2 super putty, robe black ranger 
  • falcon zord - white ranger, pudgy pig, bulk and Skull, white robe ranger

I'd be quite happy with those as well, Onyx. Seeing as we (will soon) have all the core team, the sets you've proposed aren't entirely dependent on one another.

The thing that has put me off pre-ordering the new TMNT set is not wanting the line to be cancelled and only end up with 2 of the 4, or something.

I think MMPR make perfect Minimates, and there are so many cool/interesting villains and variants they could make. That said, I'd be over the moon if we even get just one set of classic villains.

After ten-thousand years, she's free!

PXL_20230127_173709325_copy_907x977.thumb.jpg.f263d83f44810aacbcfa267ec9bf784b.jpg

Skirt piece is from the Red Queen (Alice in Wonderland).

An unsuspecting Tommy about to recruited as her evil Ranger...

PXL_20230127_173729579_copy_1044x816.thumb.jpg.97af0a7706d317c9fafc352e0de4b1e2.jpg

6 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I think getting the Vinimate Zords made is proving to be a problem, which is why we're resoliciting. Not sure we'd do them as Minimates.  But I don't think a third MM set has been ruled out. 

I'm wondering whether the problem is the 'Vinimate' rather than the 'Zord' .  Unless I am very much mistaken ,Vinimates never really set the world alight & nigh on every Vinimate that I love can barely be recognised as a big Minimate , this cannot be coincidence.   I think the word is 'incongruous' & several Vinimates look incongruous when compared to the majority ,the Zords would be in this group.

The Zord vinimates look un-Vinimate (my word) & IMHO fairly un-Minimate .

Me ? I love the Vinimate Zords ,even though the Power Rangers are not my bag . I like the fact that they don't have too many Minimate features  . 

Potential punters for a big-Zord, to complement their PR Minimates, may just opt for one of the many articulated /poseable Zords that are out there in other lines , there's a big choice.

I think the Vinimate style, which in most cases is the Minimates style, is not everyone's cup of tea. I'm hoping that a set of "realistic" 4-inch vinyl figures of the Zords will fill a gap in power rangers fans' collections, and not just Minimates fans. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by DSTZach

Many mini-figures have hands that are designed to hold accessories ,being mini-figures the scale of the hands generally blend & aren't that noticeable but they are IMHO the worst aspect of the Minimate design . I accept that this part of the Minimate design  is reasonable .   Taking (IMHO) the worst aspect of a Minimate & exaggerating it in an inarticulate 4" version of a Minimate just didn't work ....especially when you consider that these enormous looking hand-orbs are unlikely to carry accessories in the manner a Minimate would  .  

All that said , I like the Zords.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Nice job @dj87!

Recipe, please? I can see some of the pieces, but not all.

Original 'Giant Size' Nightcrawler head with eyes painted.

Sabertooth chest piece.

Beta Ray Bill gloves, boots and legs.

Predator skirt piece.

Angela sword.

The helmet is a modified Daredevil mask. The back portion of the helmet was trimmed off a Marvel Dreadnought and glued to the mask.