UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Power Rangers Minimates

Monster-wise Goldar, Zedd, Rita & Putty Patrollers should be must makes but they should also make Pumpkin Rapper since they can re-tool the head from Pumpkin King Jack from the NBC mates by removing the stem for Pumpkin Rapper's head but also include some spares as they currently are to swap out onto the Rangers for his attack.

Edited by HellfireSamurai

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They look really nice. I may have to pick them up after all even though I was never a fan of the show. I used to watch it with my residents at work so I am familiar with the characters. I guess I'm just dying for new Minimates after what seemed like a two year dry spell.

Those look  frickin' awesome. Definitely buying. 

On a related note (as I want to get these pre-ordered), is anyone else having issues getting on Luke's site? I was on it in the afternoon yesterday but since the evening I've been getting the following error message:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.lukestoystore.com uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Not sure if it is actually something with the site or possibly something on my browser's end.

8 minutes ago, HellfireSamurai said:

Those look  frickin' awesome. Definitely buying. 

On a related note (as I want to get these pre-ordered), is anyone else having issues getting on Luke's site? I was on it in the afternoon yesterday but since the evening I've been getting the following error message:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.lukestoystore.com uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Not sure if it is actually something with the site or possibly something on my browser's end.

Same here. After I got the listing alert from BBTS I went to check if Luke had them, and couldn’t get the website to load

So will we get the Red, Black and Yellow Rangers sooner than Later? And will we get Rita or Goldar with them?

I like the helmets on the Pink, Blue and Green Rangers, I am glad they are detailed and not jut painted designs. Also glad they are slip over and not a head in itself.  I would like to see this wave and the GI Joe & Transformer Waves continue for a while if at all possible.  Would like to see a few Putties made and several of the villains that Rita summoned to fight the Rangers.  Maybe even have some other elements, like the White Ranger and armored versions of the regular rangers that appeared at a few points in the series.

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Series 2 will complete the team, and we are already looking at ideas for an SDCC set.

This is a curious idea. On one hand, getting the entire team right away means that if the line ends prematurely, we won’t be hurting too badly. On the other hand, it raises questions about how extensive the line will end up being - are we looking at another 4pack for series two, or will it be more expansive? I’m curious how many ancillary characters will be made from the MMPR era. Sales would be stronger if a villain was packed with a main hero, but if all 6 Rangers (7 with Tommy as the White Ranger) are coming in only two 4packs, that doesn’t leave a lot of room for villains and/or supporting heroes. Is the SDCC set going to be all villains?

If they have the ability to pull characters from the expanded universe from the BOOM! comics series; then they got plenty to work with to keep it going with just MMPR Era characters. A set with Drakkon & Ranger Slayer from the World of the Coinless/Shattered grid storyline, the Omega Rangers, if they can still do TMNT characters then a crossover set with the Turtles & Shredder in their Ranger forms from that comic & even more characters I haven't mentioned. Ideally the line gets to incorporate other series past the MMPR Era but well have to wait & see.

2 hours ago, Donny B said:

This is a curious idea. On one hand, getting the entire team right away means that if the line ends prematurely, we won’t be hurting too badly. On the other hand, it raises questions about how extensive the line will end up being - are we looking at another 4pack for series two, or will it be more expansive? I’m curious how many ancillary characters will be made from the MMPR era. Sales would be stronger if a villain was packed with a main hero, but if all 6 Rangers (7 with Tommy as the White Ranger) are coming in only two 4packs, that doesn’t leave a lot of room for villains and/or supporting heroes. Is the SDCC set going to be all villains?

No. 

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

No. 

ouch ?

I’ll try to keep my enthusiasm contained

3 hours ago, HellfireSamurai said:

If they have the ability to pull characters from the expanded universe from the BOOM! comics series; then they got plenty to work with to keep it going with just MMPR Era characters. A set with Drakkon & Ranger Slayer from the World of the Coinless/Shattered grid storyline, the Omega Rangers, if they can still do TMNT characters then a crossover set with the Turtles & Shredder in their Ranger forms from that comic & even more characters I haven't mentioned. Ideally the line gets to incorporate other series past the MMPR Era but well have to wait & see.

That’s a solid point. At the risk of making assumptions, it stands to reason that they would want to tap into the full range of the license, including characters that are currently relevant. But yeah, it’s easy to get carried away with speculation.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

A SDCC set could be the '95 movie costumes, that way you can get Rocky, Adam and Aisha heads for red, black and yellow. The ninja costumes or maybe even casual outfits with morphers, with some type of half phasing effect.

I dont think hasbro has the rights to the movie suits or anything related to it,but I could be wrong. They did change the tengu warriors to tenga warriors for the tv series and never introduced Ivan ooze either. Maybe the metallic armor suits that way you would still be able to get the second team heads with the different mode of the blasters, or what about some translucent ones to mimic them teleporting to the command center, hell I'll even take some battle damaged ones.

• 1 month later...

Series 2 should be solicited in April, unless we move things up. 

Packaging is in progress, I believe it will be a window flap box like the GI Joe FCBD set. Working out what will be on front and back of flap. I believe Barry is already working on art. 

• 2 weeks later...