UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 2013 Fan Poll Boxset still happening?

The JC

If Zach is hinting at wave 54 & TRU 17 & 18, does that mean they will be revealed at SDCC next week?? smile.png

lol. not sure about 54 but TRU 17 is possible. wave 53 (thor 2) isnt even finalized yet from what i remember

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why this popped into my head but didn't someone somewhere say something about redoing Kitty Pryde? Since this version (Hail Ivan) was out of date and is part of Marvel Now? Be gentle, I am on cough syrup.

I finished Age of Ultron on my recent plane ride, so I'll guess AoU. For those who did not read:

Who is featured:

Spider-man for first couple of issues, then fades out
Wolverine is the primary protagonist towards the end
Invisible Woman
Hank Pym

A side timeline opens with some altered characters due to the early death of Hank Pym:
Colonel America - Cap with an eye patch
Thing - Deep impact pockets all over Thing
Cable - Cyclops as a one eye, half head shaved Age of Apoc look, uses guns
Gold Ultron
Luke Cage
Uncle Tony - Tony Stark rules the free world with an army of Stark bots
Starlord
Hulk - with a left side covered in hair or scars

I was expecting a bit more from Age of Ultron that what was delivered but i enjoyed the story line regardless. It will be interested to see what happens after what Wolverine did. I can definitely see the Toys R Us poll being Age of Ultron as that was the latest big thing but what i would love...love, love, love but wont ever happen is a box set or three based on Avengers Arena. I don't know how many others here are into that series but I am addicted to that comic. I want a Hazmat, Deathlocket, Arcade, Reptil box set and thats just for starters.

My son and I will vote no what Toys R Us is offering and we will surely pick up at least one box set regardless.

http://stuffpoint.com/index.php?r=268517

Edited by sinnsyk

So my Age of Ultron speculation heats up! If Future Foundation Invisible Woman isn't a choice then I don't know what DST is thinking.

The villain is not the new character, but he looks very different from what we have and he hasn't been seen in a while.

New character is a relatively new Marvel character, not a classic.

And there are plenty of villains coming up. There are three new ones in Series 50, two new ones in Series 17, four new ones in 54 and 18...

Wait a holy pronoun second there... The Villian is male but the new character's gender isn't revealed BUT is a relatively new character not a classic? My money is on Abigal Brand for the win. She is popular but not a classic and relatively new in Marvel speak continuity wise.

Yea it's not that the character crossed over from Spawn, it's that Marvel actually owns Angela. McFarlane and Gaiman created the character, but after decades of legal dispute over whether Gaiman was creator or not, he eventually won all rights to her in 2012, and promptly sold her to Marvel.

The thing i never understood was that Bendis is always moaning about how AoU was years in the making, yet Angela wasn't a factor till last year. Fishy.

Yea it's not that the character crossed over from Spawn, it's that Marvel actually owns Angela. McFarlane and Gaiman created the character, but after decades of legal dispute over whether Gaiman was creator or not, he eventually won all rights to her in 2012, and promptly sold her to Marvel.

The thing i never understood was that Bendis is always moaning about how AoU was years in the making, yet Angela wasn't a factor till last year. Fishy.

I think the component of Angela wasn't set but the rest of it was. For all we know they were going to intro Marvel Man but then something happened with those rights again.

Ahh Marvel Man, that old chestnut. It seems like the end of every crossover for the last 3 or 4 years has been speculated to bring Marvel Man back into the fold. Age of U was meant to take place before Avengers V X-Men at the least since there is art floating around showing Charles on crutches instead of awkward standing Emma in the 1st issue. I do agree that Angela-mate should wait her turn though. I would personally love a 4-pack of Caps Kooky Quartet. Cap, 1st app Scarlet Witch, 1st app Hawkeye, and 1st app Quicksilver. Also I know Heroes Reborn is sort of maligned, but a Heroes Reborn Iron Man would be awesome.

What if the TRU Fan Poll is Marvel Zombie related? With the 4-pack of villains announced, maybe this is a companion piece. Choose from:

Machine Man (New Character)

Zombified Villain

4 different Zombified Heroes

Maybe. :shrug:

If DST wants to make zombie versions of any Marvel character I'd gladly buy them, I personally don't care about comic accuracy in this particular case.

Hoping it's X Themed. A Dark Phoenix Saga set would rock.

Dark Phoenix

Marvel Girl

Sebastian Shaw

Cyclops (with optic blast)

The Gladiator

Disco Dazzler

Seems to fit the criteria. If it's Avengers theme I'd hope for a new Wasp, Black Widow or Vision to be in the choices. Whatever two don't win get put in a TRU wave right?

The whole AoU was a mess! Maybe they replaced marvel man with Angela. Is there any interest in that character?? But an Angela minimate needs to wait there's other characters that's been waiting to be minimized. That is all...

No interest here. Wouldn't mind at all if we never see Angela.

Same here. Especially since she is joining the GotG, so I think she would work in a Guardians wave.

Now! RR, Now! Groot

Now! Gamora, Now! Drax

Now! Space Iron Man, Now! Star Lord

Now! Angela, classic Star Lord

I'd buy all of this if you replaced classic Star Lord with his 2008 costume

oh and if Now! Star Lord came with parts to make him either in his space suit or normal attire (and the same goes for the rest)

Same here. Especially since she is joining the GotG, so I think she would work in a Guardians wave.

Now! RR, Now! Groot

Now! Gamora, Now! Drax

Now! Space Iron Man, Now! Star Lord

Now! Angela, classic Star Lord

I'd buy all of this if you replaced classic Star Lord with his 2008 costume

oh and if Now! Star Lord came with parts to make him either in his space suit or normal attire (and the same goes for the rest)

If that happened I'd buy a case. I'm positive we'll see this line up either as a comic wave to accompany the movie or as the movie wave.