UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 2013 Fan Poll Boxset still happening?

The JC

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love Sue, I would rather have a character that hasn't been done before or is in a need of a redo. That said the Galactus line has been a peg warmer at my TRU so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a set of lesser known characters again.

Yes.

:)

As much as I love Sue, I would rather have a character that hasn't been done before or is in a need of a redo. That said the Galactus line has been a peg warmer at my TRU so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a set of lesser known characters again.

I thought that set did fairly well. There was maybe one or two sets that hung around for a while between 3 different Toys R Us stores. It seemed like the Secret Wars and Captain America sets hung around lot longer on the shelfs.

Brotherhood of Evil Mutants!

YES, PLEASE!

Pyro Blob Toad and Mystique

Swap out Mystique for Avalanche and I'm in!

Okay Guys , i know this is not gonna happen ever :(

But what about a Shi'Ar Boxset ?

With Gambit In His Shi'Ar Outfit ?And Rogue And Erik ?

Or The Trial of Gambit Boxset ?

Those Comic's Got me really into the X-Men !

A Man Can Dream !

Hellfire Club & Brotherhood of Mutants are two of my biggest wants right now.

If we got box sets, i'd really like to see some of the lower tier characters included. Classic White Queen could anchor the set and allow Donald Pierce to be included (give him an extra cyborg arm... kids like cyborgs, right?).

Same goes for BOM... I'd love it if someone like Unus or Destiny could be included (depending on if they go for silver age or more modern line-up).

Zach - are you able to let us know when we the poll will be announced?

I'm honestly hoping for Young Avengers, Kid Loki would be e~pic!

No idea, trying to find out.

Zak, Avalanche was in X-Men Evolution AND Wolverine and the X-Men, but the latter is closer to his comic appearance:

avalanche.jpg

I think all the characters in the poll are pretty big names, but we'll see what you guys think.

So when can we expect the poll to be put up?

Whose Avalanche... Was he in X-Men Evolutions?

Avalanche is another member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. I didn't know Avalanche was in the two more recent cartoons too. I know him from the 90's X-Men cartoon when he always teamed up with his buddy Pyro.

Yes.

smile.png

>As much as I love Sue, I would rather have a character that hasn't been done before or is in a need of a redo. That said the Galactus line has been a peg warmer at my TRU so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a set of lesser known characters again.

I thought that set did fairly well. There was maybe one or two sets that hung around for a while between 3 different Toys R Us stores. It seemed like the Secret Wars and Captain America sets hung around lot longer on the shelfs.

I don't know about that. I don't think Galactus shipped to as many stores as other sets (including the later AvX one) and the one store I know of that had it in stock still had full pegs the last time I visited (which would have been a few months ago). I definitely don't think it did as well as Secret Wars or Cap. Certainly not Cap, which seemed to sell through rather quickly and became hard to find.

We're probably talking different quantities ordered too, Galactus has been in-stock on TRU.com for quite some time, so the numbers were most likely higher than the other sets too.

I think all the characters in the poll are pretty big names, but we'll see what you guys think.

Confirmation it isn't a "Through The Ages" set! smile.png

If it has a theme then it would have to have a lot of characters to choose from right? If they want to tie it into the new wave coming to TRU then an Uncanny Avengers set would compliment all the marvel now characters. I would really like a What If themed boxset, but I doubt that would ever happen. haha.

Maybe a "Thor and Foes" set? He's the only guy with a movie and no cross-sell box set announced yet this year. Thor to anchor obviously, and we get to pick from, say, Enchantress, Ulik, Malekith, Surtur, and Loki?

Or (dare to dream), maybe a NOW mashup with some of the leftover bigs and a couple fan favorites: Thor, Cyclops, GotG Iron Man, Hawkeye, Strange, Cap. Marvel?