UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Quality Control Issues

MisterMiracle

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how we've been seeing tape used less frequently since it can sometimes damage accessories.

I'm pretty sure the tape issue was brought up several times to DST, I wonder if they proactively changed the adhesiveness of the tape being used or if it was just happenstance, but I did notice on the DoFP boxset that it felt thinner and wasn't nearly as sticky as what we've seen in the past.

I don't recall there being a spot in my tray for an extra set of hands for Jules. Hmmm...

Nope

And was there a running change to correct this?

I don't think DST does "running changes", and I got the impression from Zach's post that they weren't aware of the missing parts until he got the packaged sample in-hand, and at that point I think they are already on the boat.

When Zach said, "If your set is missing some Jules hands," I got the impression that they may have had time for a rare running change. I know these production runs are short so it's not always possible. Just thought maybe someone at the factory level might have caught it, maybe saw a bin full of chocolate-hued Jules hands and asked, "WTF are these?"

The only QC issue I've run into is the Nick Fury for my AoU boxset had a chest tampo applied on both sides of his body. What made it stanger, was that his back (which I only refer to as such because the tampo seems lighter on the one side) was the side that was facing forward in the packaging, and his arms were on backwards.

Needless to say, it was pretty weird. biggrin.png

The only QC problems i've had is really that the NOW Wolverine I have isn't really able to have hands. I mean i can put them on but they'll fall off right after. Also, my Black Suit Wolvie from The Wolverine has two right legs. I guess me and Wolverine mini mates don't mix well!

There's always going to be little issues here and there, I was referring more to the general QC nightmare that was TRU Wave 9 Brown Wolverine.

fig1128flg.jpg

- Sloppy paint

- Questionable molds

- Weak plastic

- Wonky skin tone

All in all, despite the one off issues that sometimes occur, I think the general overall quality has increased dramatically since then.

Agreed. I don't recall a dog's breakfast of QC problems in a long time. In my experience it's only been one issue on the rare occasion.

I'm still waiting for a Minimate that just stinks to high heaven, a figure that gives off a stench so foul, the factory is forced to recall them. And it will be known throughout the 'verse as the Nastymateâ„¢.

There's always going to be little issues here and there, I was referring more to the general QC nightmare that was TRU Wave 9 Brown Wolverine.

fig1128flg.jpg

- Sloppy paint

- Questionable molds

- Weak plastic

- Wonky skin tone

- Black hands

My first Minimate! I really don't like him :/

I got him in the two pack with Dark Magneto. Both had feet that wouldn't stay on, and both had shoddy paint apps. I'm glad I didn't get deterred, and continued collecting!

fig1128flg.jpg

- Sloppy paint

- Questionable molds

- Weak plastic

- Wonky skin tone

- Black hands

My first Minimate! I really don't like him :/

I got him in the two pack with Dark Magneto. Both had feet that wouldn't stay on, and both had shoddy paint apps. I'm glad I didn't get deterred, and continued collecting!

That Dark Magneto and his black head that's useless... It'd be cool if it could fit its peg...

• 2 weeks later...

I think the worst QA yet goes to the battle damaged Spider Man from the friends and foes set. Web lines showing through the flesh on his face, and the rest of the battle damaged areas on his chest and legs look like he has a terrible skin disease and dont match the arms. I wish they would make another one at some point.

I think the worst QA yet goes to the battle damaged Spider Man from the friends and foes set. Web lines showing through the flesh on his face, and the rest of the battle damaged areas on his chest and legs look like he has a terrible skin disease and dont match the arms. I wish they would make another one at some point.

yes.gif yes.gif YES. yes.gifyes.gif