UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

He's going into storage ........

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Soooooo I never really went anywhere did I ? blush.png

Yesterday was one of the most decisive days of my life & I've been sweating waiting for it for over a year . In a nutshell I've been involved in a legal battle with the nutter who bought the farm next to us [ three years ago ] . I won't bore you with all the details ,I'll just say that he was trying to steal land from me ......how can that happen [?] ....trust me it happensglare.gif I'll also add that he doesn't live at the farm, has never done anything at all to it & bought it for speculative reasons. He has sought confrontation with all of his/our other neighbours but ol' dopey Rob decided to take the fucker on which has cost me dear ......financially ,mentally & emotionally . I'm not seeking sympathy but I share this place with people who I think of as friends & in my first post in this thread I thought it best to walk away from you ......in that respect I failed miserably .

Yesterday I won the day .....case thrown out ,judgment given in favour of me & 75% of my costs.....in legal terms a total win . I'm still down thousands of ££s & the shit still lingers next farm on but .....I won.

The moral of my tale .......if you're right ,stand your ground & get a good solicitor/attorney dry.png ..........& don't fucking cross me no.gif

Thankyou to all the people who have given me support & had to listen to my plight over the internet & over a few pints in Chicago . Going to C2E2 was in many respects risky madness..............I wouldn't have missed it for the world !

-ol'dopey.

Even though this was British court and therefore the ruling was all in metric and I can't understand how to convert it, I still know that justice was served and the good guys won. Congrats, Rob!

Edited by boyd

Glad things worked out. My family's had its fair share of land theft and while our situation was a tad more complicated (during WW2 and the civil war some things happened, the land was not equaly distributed and a lot of other things) and while this didn't go to court (the evil doer in my case was a distant uncle so my grandpa decided to just let him have it) it was quite frustrating. Still, I hope better days are ahead of you!

What fantastic news, BMH. I'm super stoked to hear that you have won out. I'm sorry that it cost you so much time and heart-ache. I hope it was worth it in the end though.

Welcome Home.