UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Its Raining Spam!

God Damn It!

Apologies for all of the spam thats been hitting the boards recently (200 this past week!)

Sadly these ones are harder to stop as believe it or not they arent spam bots but are actual people (chinese slave labour usually) and as such traditional anti bot measures dont work...

I've now managed to trace back most of their IPs to a range of servers which are now banned... hopefully this fixes it...

*Me puts on a yellow MAC and starts dancing in the Rain*

Its raining Spam, Hallelujah... its raining spam in tins, there small, sharp, heavy and mean... no wait wrong song :P

good to know, but it would seem the slaves have made the move to newer high speed network of the world, they are no longer dealing in carpets or footballs... what will they think of next <G>

cheers,

Tk

Sorry if this is in bad taste, but take it for the humor it is...tasteless :P Most likely it's those fat fingered slaves that got sold after the piss poor paint applications they've been putting on all forms of collectibles these days :rolleyes: Seems every board I belong to has been slammed recently Ady, so don't feel bad.

As annoying as it is, I still think it's funny that one of their usernames was sooooooo close to "Asshat".

I was all like " l o l "

And then " o m f g , that made me laugh and stuff"

And then "suxor to be him!!!!!!!!1one"

yeah

;)

Xy

Considering the amount that supposedly comes through here I'd like to congratulate Ady & Staff for keeping this place pretty spam fee.

I'm west coast and by the time I get in the mornings here 99% of the spam ic cleaned up.

T.

Hey guys!

Quick question for you... It's been ages since I registered, so I forget, but do you have any security measures in place for initial registration?

Over in my own forums, I was getting probably 9 spambots per every legit registration, and found some coding that altered the php code that has eliminated the spam signups/posts completely.

Still, I guess if it's someone spamming by hand, that would be an issue, but then you could always zap the acct. altogether.

Anyway, shoot me an email if you want me to pass along the code. It's an easy mod...

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

Sorry Matt, this has nothing to do with the topic, but THANK YOU!!!!!!

The DCD mates are BEAUTIFUL.

Sorry, but it had to be said. :rolleyes:

Hey, thanks! Definitely a team effort, but... man, I count myself incredibly lucky to be involved with so many talented people.

I cannot WAIT until these guys hit the shelves! And... the best is yet to come! ;)

Thanks again!

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

Sorry, but it had to be said. :rolleyes:

Hey, thanks! Definitely a team effort, but... man, I count myself incredibly lucky to be involved with so many talented people.

I cannot WAIT until these guys hit the shelves! And... the best is yet to come! ;)

Thanks again!

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

They are AMAZING! My only problem is the pull-over masks of Bat-Girl, Harliquin, etc... It looks to me actually like Deathstroke's is not a mask anymore (from the pics on the site). If I may suggust, Deadshot would look really cool, and everyone needs Hawkgirl. Work the Manhunter in there somewhere too. But again, great work here. You've drained my wallet (in the near future!)

Considering the amount that supposedly comes through here I'd like to congratulate Ady & Staff for keeping this place pretty spam fee.

I'm west coast and by the time I get in the mornings here 99% of the spam ic cleaned up.

T.

Yeah, I agree TBT. Ady is fortunate enough to have a vigilante team on multiple timelines that can catch these at various times. I think that helps when forum's have their team formed up like that, it certainly doesn't hurt ;)

Hey guys!

Quick question for you... It's been ages since I registered, so I forget, but do you have any security measures in place for initial registration?

Over in my own forums, I was getting probably 9 spambots per every legit registration, and found some coding that altered the php code that has eliminated the spam signups/posts completely.

Still, I guess if it's someone spamming by hand, that would be an issue, but then you could always zap the acct. altogether.

Anyway, shoot me an email if you want me to pass along the code. It's an easy mod...

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

Sounds good Matt, Email coming your way...

Deadpool Posted Today, 03:04 PM

QUOTE(Iron-Cow @ Nov 27 2006, 03:54 PM)

QUOTE(Nestlé @ Nov 27 2006, 03:40 PM)

Sorry, but it had to be said.

I cannot WAIT until these guys hit the shelves! And... the best is yet to come!

Thanks again!

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

They are AMAZING! My only problem is the pull-over masks of Bat-Girl, Harliquin, etc... It looks to me actually like Deathstroke's is not a mask anymore (from the pics on the site). If I may suggust, Deadshot would look really cool, and everyone needs Hawkgirl. Work the Manhunter in there somewhere too. But again, great work here. You've drained my wallet (in the near future!)

where can i get a picture(s) of these!!!

Wait A Minute...

You're saying that the Hardcore Sextape of JLO is SPAM!?!

That, sir, is an outrage...

Outrage...

Wait A Minute...

Outrage...

The thing is though, well would you really want to see J Ho nekkid ?

There's a reason why Ben Affleck was actually pretty perfect to play Daredevil, it's cos he ripped his eyeballs out after looking at her without any clothes on :P

Wait A Minute...

Outrage...

The thing is though, well would you really want to see J Ho nekkid ?

There's a reason why Ben Affleck was actually pretty perfect to play Daredevil, it's cos he ripped his eyeballs out after looking at her without any clothes on :P

:lol: :lol: Bruticus: you sir...just made my day.