UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Should Wolverine come with the Shortened Legs?

Zak Katz

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should Wolverine come with shortened legs?

• Yes
    • No

Wolverine is short, and has been shown to be the height of some teenagers (ill have to check my WATXM) but I dont think the short legs should become a norm, I'd love to see em on a few and if they work then we can go from there, but to keep in continuity with the prior releases, i'd rather us stick with the normal legs and find a way to make the feet shorter (the new moloid slipper feet were a huge innovation, yes i know the slipper feet existed before, but adding the hole on the bottom made them entirely more acceptable for me)

also I dont think saying any character is "unpopular" is gonna work. we've seen plenty of unpopular characters.

I dont want to see the shorter legs on kids either though, UNLESS they fix them so that they have the same amount of articulation as the normal legs. I dont want to get a less articulated Kid Omega, i'd rather just get a normal height one.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing i'd be interested in is taking the added belt piece away from wolverine. I don't think he really needs the fraction of height that it adds or the perceived bulk. I've always preferred him with a painted belt. I'm guessing it's cheaper for AA/DST to just cast the belt piece in a different colour that to paint the hip joint, so we probably wont be seeing painted belts sop much.

It's not a total deal breaker or anything, but i did really like having the option of the painted belt underneath with some of the previous Logan minimates:

fig0898f2lg.jpg

Hail Ivan.

I have to say i'm a little surprised by all the hostility to the idea. At this point in the game we have had a lot of wolvies, so if the next one was with the short legs it might be a nice change and if it's a huge deal breaker for you there is probably a longed legged version of the same outfit available.

I have to say i'm a little surprised by all the hostility to the idea. At this point in the game we have had a lot of wolvies, so if the next one was with the short legs it might be a nice change and if it's a huge deal breaker for you there is probably a longed legged version of the same outfit available.

I agree with this actually. Being totally honest I'm not a wolvie fan and so already have more than enough minimate versions of him than I will ever need! However, I know that he will keep on being made and if that is the case then a version with shorter legs doesn't seem a bad thing to me. However, what I definitely wouldn't want to see is new characters being made that don't fit the standard minimate size. I want at least one version of each character to fit in uniformly with the rest. Likewise, I like my bulked up hulk but I'm still glad I've got my non-bulked up one to display with my sadly non-bulked up abomination if I wish.

I've got some customs to the left of that picture (and Psylocke & Fantomex, poor guys) that I'm in the process of finishing up (except Domino, who everybody's seen already). They're my default display versions of those characters.

Also, Warpath has some added height (and Skaar's hair).

Since were talking about this again, who cares that there called kid legs! They don't have to be used on kids, in the pic YB posted with his custom Harley, he's barely shorter then Tony, which to me seems perfect for 5'3 Wolverine.

Sorry guys but I have been on a vacation. The Shorter legs don't add that much to the overall figure and actually are the same height as the slipper feet. For S&Gs I put a puck on the shorter legs, regular slipper foot Puck, a figure on shorter legs, a regular figure, and a DC sized figure next to each other.

2013-07-02222645_zps16febdb0.jpg

oh snap didnt know

why does puck look shorter than the peter pan kid

I didn't know either at the time and bought the Peter Pan set so that I could add the slipper feet to the Kid legs to make a shorter Puck. Whomp. I think he looks shorter because of the hair.

Is that Skaar hair on Warpath? Looks nice.

Yep! Thanks!

I wish I'd gotten more when they were still readily available, though. I only had two, Skaar has his own, and this one, which I had on my QC Conan the Barbarian (who is now bald, thanks to Warpath). confused.gif

ah, makes sense.

oh snap didnt know

why does puck look shorter than the peter pan kid

I didn't know either at the time and bought the Peter Pan set so that I could add the slipper feet to the Kid legs to make a shorter Puck. Whomp. I think he looks shorter because of the hair.

ah, makes sense.

What really makes sense is the 3inch DC Figures. I wish there was a way to make Giant-Man Taller and still look Manufactured. I use to pose him with Bane legs for added height but got ashamed by my false hood.

Is that Skaar hair on Warpath? Looks nice.

Yep! Thanks!

I wish I'd gotten more when they were still readily available, though. I only had two, Skaar has his own, and this one, which I had on my QC Conan the Barbarian (who is now bald, thanks to Warpath). confused.gif

Yeah, I did an ebay search after seeing your Warpath, and although he's not super expensive, it's still more than I want to pay for the hair. So if anyone has an extra Skaar hair, hit me up.