UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Should Wolverine come with the Shortened Legs?

Zak Katz

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should Wolverine come with shortened legs?

• Yes
    • No

With the frequency that Wolverine gets made I think it would be nice if there was a yellow costume and eventually brown costume Wolvie Mate released with short legs. I wouldn't want it on every Wolverine but if they are going to keep making him (and they are) I think it would make for a nice change of pace. If torso risers are ok for characters who are notably tall, why not short legs for those that are notably short?

Agreed.

Another option would be to pack-in an extra pair of legs, like we often get the extra set of arms or hands.

That doesn't seem viable, because the extra parts we usually get are just display options. We've gotten height options on characters like Ant Man, but that's his whole gimmic. Keep short characters to kids and extreme cases like Puck.

Also, I'd like to raise awareness for more bulked up characters, most importantly, Lizard with a sculpted head, and Abomination. We should be worrying about this way more.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to see smaller bodies made mainly for child characters like the members of Power Pack and Molly Hayes from Runaways. They made smaller parts I recall for Wilykit and Wilykat for Thundercats minimates, but the lower skirt parts attached to their waists made them still be the same size as everyone else.

With the frequency that Wolverine gets made I think it would be nice if there was a yellow costume and eventually brown costume Wolvie Mate released with short legs. I wouldn't want it on every Wolverine but if they are going to keep making him (and they are) I think it would make for a nice change of pace. If torso risers are ok for characters who are notably tall, why not short legs for those that are notably short?

Agreed.

Another option would be to pack-in an extra pair of legs, like we often get the extra set of arms or hands.

That doesn't seem viable, because the extra parts we usually get are just display options. We've gotten height options on characters like Ant Man, but that's his whole gimmic. Keep short characters to kids and extreme cases like Puck.

Also, I'd like to raise awareness for more bulked up characters, most importantly, Lizard with a sculpted head, and Abomination. We should be worrying about this way more.

I think I disagree, as we've gotten height options with other characters, most notably Hulk.

Duck Feet = Height option

Torso extender = Height option

If we're already using shortened legs for kids, i don't want them on Wolverine. He's not child sized and the only times we have gotten the shorter legs is when a child is involved. For the record, ladies don't need a special torso either. Just keep the the normal parts, i have no problem crouching Wolverine.

If we start nitpicking scale too much we'll eventually be rewriting the entire line and it'll just be Marvel Legends by the time we're done.

Given that most people who think of Wolverine think of Hugh Jackman, I say no.

Most people who think of Batman still think of Adam West. tongue.png

Hey, people know quality and you can’t blame them for thinking of the very best when get to thinking.

I agree with this 110%

So for the record, for those who don't want short legs for Wolverine, something that would make him barely any shorter, so I don't have to dremel, because he is the shortest character drawn on most of his teams, and kids are around 5'3 at least in my family, (haha tangent) do you not like that Colosus is taller then his teams? (Long winded question)

Agreed.

Yes. Something similar came up a while back regarding Spider-Man masks. The debate of slip-on masks vs masks tampo'd on a normal head. Somebody suggested that a future Spider-Man include both options (the same mask design) to keep both crowds happy, and I remember Zack saying they wouldn't do that. Alternate "looks" would be done, but not alternate "look preferences." Pretty much ties into what is being discussed here.

I was thinking of that debate as well bigvis, my first Spider-Man was the one from Heros & Adversaries, so I was partial to slip on masks. Now that I have like twenty I prefer the painted on version, but I remember being vocal about the inclusion of both the slip on and the painted head. It was because ASM battle damaged was a slip on while the other was painted on, which bothered me because side by side one has a much bigger head.

If anyone who has the shorter legs could snap them onto a Wolverine and could take some group shots, I would be very grateful.

And it's Zach, we're all anal about the spelling ;)

I never pose my Mates standing straight upright like a static mannequin, so Wolvie being the same height as his teammates doesn't bother me at all. Hell, I prefer the overall look (claws, boots, mask) of Broodverine, so he is actually taller than most of his fellow 90's X-Men. Of course I have him going berserk on the back of my BaF Sentinel so...

But yeah, I guess my preference would be to keep the short legs reserved for kids and such.

What kids???

You know, those younger, smaller versions of adults you see running around every so often.

Edited by MMao

There not using them for kids, not in this line at least, the dudes short! Like a kid!

I have X-Force Wolvey, near 90's, near Outback, I don't want them all crouching, but they must, because he's not taller then anyone.

P.S. Brood Wolverine is standing next to Brood so he doesn't look out of proportion

Then I would of said what are kids? What kids from Marvel are you referring to?

Besides Franklin Richards

What kids???

We haven't seen any for Marvel yet. But potentially:

Franklin Richards

The two younger Power siblings. I think Alex and Katie could get away with slipper feet since they're older.

Molly Hayes

Leech

Artie Maddicks

Tons more but those immediately came to mind.

My point was that there are Marvel characters that are shorter than Wolvie, so I would prefer to have the short legs reserved for them.

I know none of those characters, so you made my point, they may not use the small legs or arms on Logan but their also not going to for the kids you named. They might as well make a short man short so it's more accurate to the comics and to making getting Wolverine something new. Your whole view of opening Pandora's box that some how making Logan actually short will cause DST to make everyone a different height for scale is ridiculous. Were you against bulked up characters before you ever saw them? If you saw the short legs on him you'd like it, your just being hard headed :(

My point was that there are Marvel characters that are shorter than Wolvie, so I would prefer to have the short legs reserved for them.

The kid characters aren't popular enough to get made MMao, so your just letting pieces not be used

Its a proportion thing more than anything else. Is Logan short? Yes, 5'3" is pretty short for a guy. But he's not a midget, child, dwarf, etc. If he's given the Peter Pan arms and legs, he would look like a kid in a Wolverine Halloween costume standing next to other 'mates.

The scale should only be tampered with in extreme situations. I think the bulked up minimates have been handled very well so far. If we ever see Power Pack or Franklin Richards in the Marvel line, then by all means I would like to see the new arms and legs used. Its either that or those characters get the unarticulated treatment like Snarf. Puck came a year too early, he would definitely be a candidate for the new limbs. But not full grown adults, regardless how short they are. Again, it's more of a proportion thing. Logan is short, but he's a full grown man.

If we start adjusting things on normal adults, how far do we go? Do we need to redo Namor to make him taller than Black Cat? Captain America is supposed to be taller than Spider-Man, do we change them? Minimates shouldn't be complicated in that way.

My two cents.

Pretty much my thoughts on it. Giant Man, Galactus, Watcher, Sentinel would be Minimate Max sized in my ideal world. Kids and midgets like Puck would use the shorter legs or Penguin feet option. But most reasonably regular sized human should be uniform, whether they are 5'2" or 6'9"

I know none of those characters, so you made my point, they may not use the small legs or arms on Logan but their also not going to for the kids you named. They might as well make a short man short so it's more accurate to the comics and to making getting Wolverine something new. Your whole view of opening Pandora's box that some how making Logan actually short will cause DST to make everyone a different height for scale is ridiculous. Were you against bulked up characters before you ever saw them? If you saw the short legs on him you'd like it, your just being hard headed :(

The kid characters aren't popular enough to get made MMao, so your just letting pieces not be used
Come on. You don't know any of the characters I named so I made your point? I think that's a bit of a cop out. The kids I named are probably the most recognizable Marvel-kids. I can name a hundred more who aren't anywhere near as recognizable If you want me to, but I'm not going to since that's an entirely different topic. Just because there's tools in the tool shed, that doesn't mean they HAVE to be used. They should be used where appropriate. And no, I never had a problem with the bulked up 'mates.

EDIT: If I saw it would like it? Sorry, nobody can tell me what to like. I have no problem with somebody offering a different opinion, but only I can say what I like and don't like. I don't like a Wolverine with child proportions.

Edited by bigvis497

No regular sized human is 6'9 just saying, so Colossus should be the same height as Wolverine? If your tall, you get a torso piece, if your short you get slipper feet, I'd be happy if he Logan was shorter in any way

It's not a cop out, it's just a silly argument that they shouldn't use kid legs unless there for kids. I just don't know any of those kids, and I'm familiar with most every Marvel character released so far. I hope they come out, but that has no effect on Wolverine, who's released, what at least 5 times a year? Make one with short legs, it'll be cool, just stop being cynical man. Your crushing dreams, and I'm seriously tempted to dremel my extra wave 28 Wolvey with your Tools metaphor.

I can't say that I'd ever realised that Wolverine in the comics/movies was height challenged . Now that it's been pointed out to me I'm not sure I'm that bothered but it is ironic that we're debating making a character shorter when for years we've craved for bigger versions of Giant-Man,Sentinels et al.

I'm not sure whether Chuck....& it was most definitely Chuck ....made the right decision to keep to the 2" standard Minimate size,I'll forgive him though because he's made some other great decisions over the years . I'll dwell on the wrong decision devil.gif by using the DC line analagously .

Anybody who collected the DC line was lucky enough to accumulate some of the best Minimates ever made & one of the innovations of that line was the inclusion of large characters in many of the latter waves. This IMHO worked with Grodd ,the Croc guy & the Ugly Lantern fellow & perhaps Bane but Ares was too bloody big......so can you see where I'm going with this?

I've personally been irritated over the years by the futile attempts to keep Marvel Minimates within the '2" boundary' whilst simultaneously f*+king around with things like duck feet & extensions which just so happen to be in the box as accessories. Dreadfulglare.gif

So as I said I'm not sure whether the decision to keep to the 2" standard was correct but I sympathise with the person who made it 'cause he was between a rock & a hard place with regards to 'ol' moany butt's' opinion.

Finally check out the 2 Minimate versions of Captain Britain ....both 2" (?) http://www.minimatedatabase.com/chars.php?i=456&n=Captain+Britain

......if you've got both versions.... line them up alongside each other ....it is laughable. Take the Excalibur version & place him alongside the Excalibur version of the Juggernaut .......you'll just shake your head . If I recall....even Meggan towers above Captain Littl'un.

Logan's legs are just fine on the 43 versions we have had & I'm sure they'll be just dandy on the 5 that are proposed over the next few months..........I just would've liked a bit more uniformity in the past but in all fairness I reckon we're seeing that of late throughout the line.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Meggan/Captain Britain, Jean Grey/Cyclops, Scarlet Witch/Captain America. If we're going to be sticklers for scale, we've got to deal with more than just Wolverine messing with displays. I just don't think Wolverine is so short as to justify shorter legs or even slipper feet, really. Minimates aren't an exact scale line, and that's ok. And everything BHM said regarding the 2.5 body is spot on.

One last thing, with Wolverine's boots, belt, and, mask, he is slightly taller then most, if he were just a bit shorter, he'd be as tall maybe as the rest. As long as he's not the tallest I'm :)

One last thing, with Wolverine's boots, belt, and, mask, he is slightly taller then most, if he were just a bit shorter, he'd be as tall maybe as the rest. As long as he's not the tallest I'm :)

+1

This was all I was getting at in my original post....