UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NECA Figures Discussion

A colleague finally popped my NECA cherry by giving me Gipsy Danger and Crimson Typhoon figures as a late Christmas present. They look pretty good.

Crimson Typhoon has a front right arm that just falls out of its socket. I'm working on a fix for that.

Otherwise I just wish these figures had better articulation. Given the design of the robots, the lack of articulation in spots is almost criminal.

Naturally that's not going to keep me from tracking down all the other Jaegers. And damn NECA for offering even bigger Kaiju that are in a better scale with the robots. Grrrr...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the arm thing on Crimson Typhoon seemed to be a common issue, which is a shame, because otherwise, Typhoon's a really great figure.

The articulation's a bit of a bummer, but I personally thought that Striker Eureka was a decent step up in that department. Still not perfect, but much better than Gypsy in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Craig Windrix, the inspiration for the Sgt. Windrix figure and the brother of Kyle Windrix, who provides the sculpts for many of NECA's figures, lost his battle with cancer this morning. I didn't know him personally, but he was apparently a very big fan of Aliens, and it's always sad to lose a fellow fan. My condolences go out to his family, as I'm sure this is a very hard time for them.

Just a day or two ago, his family had posted about his condition worsening, and asking about photos to help cheer him up. I had taken this shot in hopes of passing it along, but it seems I was just a bit too late.

WINDRIXTriumphant.jpg

Edited by Glantern

• 2 weeks later...

NECA got Sigourney Weaver's likeness rights! We're getting her from both ALIEN and ALIENS!

And they're releasing the power loader and the queen this summer! I'm so excited!

http://necaonline.com/46990/blog/news-and-announcements/alien-35th-anniversary-first-ever-figures-of-ripley-with-sigourney-weavers-likeness/?utm_campaign=TF14ripleyloader&utm_source=necafbgplus&utm_medium=social

Ive been buying the pacific rim figures when I see them which is not often. Im starting to get into the other movie lines as well. I can order cases through diamond but its not worth it as I only want one set. Would any one here be interested in going in on a case? Specifically the new pacific rim jaegers and kaiju? Pm me if youre intetested at all.

Im super stoked about Ripley!

I just bought my first NECA figure, the 1979 ALIEN xeno, only to have one of the legs snap off the moment I tried to move it. No more NECA for me.

That really sucks! The 1979 Alien was next on my list. Where did it snap?At a joint or just in the middle of the leg?

It was a clean break at the hip joint, I considered gluing it in place, but decided to wash my hands of it instead. I checked their website to try and contact customer service, but they have an FAQ that states all product replacements must be made at the point of purchase. I guess TRU is getting a broken NECA Alien return tomorrow.

Thanks for having customer service that isn't afraid to provide service to your customers, DST! :thumbsup:

It was a clean break at the hip joint, I considered gluing it in place, but decided to wash my hands of it instead. I checked their website to try and contact customer service, but they have an FAQ that states all product replacements must be made at the point of purchase. I guess TRU is getting a broken NECA Alien return tomorrow.

Thanks for having customer service that isn't afraid to provide service to your customers, DST! thumbsup.gif

NECA's Twitter has some of the best customer service around, better than DST. They practically guaranteeing getting back to you that way.

I wouldn't let that one ruin NECA as a whole for you, i certainly can't speak for everyone but i've had no problems with any NECA figure, including Aliens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm always tempted to buy some of the Predator and Alien ones, but they remind me too much of McFarlane figures. Those things looked cool, but seemed to break way too easily. I loved my Queen Alien I had. One day she tipped over and her arm snapped off. It's not like she fell off a shelf or anything either. She literally tipped over onto her side and broke. I stopped collecting McFarlane figures after that.

The Predator and Alien stuff is pretty great. The McFarlane ones never did it for me, so I'm happy to have the NECA figures. The Aliens stuff is phenomenal, and I can't wait for the Queen!

I know others have had issues with breakage, but Striker's actually the first time I've encountered it, and I have almost 30 figures from them. I guess I've just been pretty lucky. My new Striker is from the second release, and he seems to be a bit sturdier, so here's hoping!

That really sucks about your McFarlane Queen! That would be enough to scare me off a line too!

Predator stuff i've only ever had one breakage, and it was a scabbard that fell off of Big Red long after i bought him, and that was an easy fix with Loctite. Never had any problems with the rest of them, and the Dutch figures are some of the best and coolest figures i've ever owned.

Alien stuff i only have the brown Warrior so far, but i can't wait for Ripley.

At this point, i just want them to get Booker the fuck out already. I don't get the delays on that one.