UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NECA Figures Discussion

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally I didn’t think the NECA Predator line was for me...

but then a little less then a year ago I bought my wife the Nightstorm Predator for Christmas because she liked the original Kenner version (she thought it was a female Predator, so the fact NECA used the slimmer Super Predator base for these only helped reinforce that idea) and it cascaded from there.

They’re really crushing it with this line

FullSizeRender-1_zpsfa2b8b1e.jpg

Edited by dr baghead

• 2 months later...

I got my first Neca figure today and I really like it. I picked up the new Ceaser from Planet of the Apes and upon checking articulation his arm broke off at the elbow and I couldn't fix it. It makes me wonder if it's me or the figures, I've basically broken all of the GoT figures I've ever gotten. I exchanged him and was careful with its joints and so far so good. He's a great looking figure, can't do much, but looks good. I got him to go with Luca who TRU didn't have, but they did order it and sent it to my house!

post-6416-0-64955100-1420867476_thumb.jp

I wish DST would announce some plans for a minimate Queen (and Power Loader) so I was less inclined to buy the NECA version. It looks great but I just don't have a place to put it.

NECA quality is right there with DCC. I haven't had a problem but I think you always need to assume the figures could break at any time.

It is a cool figure. Wish it was taller though. He doesn't seem in-scale to the other apes and he's definitely not in-scale with NECA human figures.

Yeah, your right

• 2 months later...

Came across Anchorage Attack Gypsy and Romeo Blue from Series 5 of the Pacific Rim line. I actually passed on the Hong Kong Attack Gypsy because I though it looked too similar to the previous version. Comparing the Series 2 Gypsy with Anchorage Gypsy, it's like night and day. I need to go back and get the other one now, because the new Gypsy sculpt is just phenomenal. The sculpt easily rivals that of Cherno, who was my favorite of the Jaegers by far up until now.

GypsyDangerAnchorage3.jpg

Romeo is also a lot of fun, and I can't believe we actually got him. The fin is supposed to be glued in place, but mine isn't, so it kept falling off. Easy fix, though. I love how many of the Mark 1's we've gotten. (Cherno really should be in this picture, but he was behind several figures on my shelf at the time)

RomeoBlue3.jpg

Cherno is my favorite, but I got him with two left arms. I was instructed to take him back, but they didn't have anymore.

Has anyone ever gotten a good pose out of the older 18" Alien? I had him leaning against a wall for ages and now I just can't get him to stand up no matter what I do.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Little thread necro, but my old TRU manager let me know that he set aside Batman Begins Batman and Arkham City Harley Quinn for me today. In 7".

Yep, that's right: brand new surprise from NECA - 7" Bale and Harley. Picked them up tonight and they're PERFECT. None of the issues from the last round of figures last year. I love them; Bale may be my favorite Batman figure (next to Knight and West). Great accessories too.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face