UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NECA Figures Discussion

Noticed there was no dedicated NECA discussion thread so I thought I'd start one.

I only just recently got into NECA, mostly because of their Aliens line, but they've quickly become my (second) favorite* toy company out there right now.

*After DST of course

My Aliens Series 1 Figures just arrived and I've picked up a few Preadators, Ash from Evil Dead, Robocop. I did a quick setup of them all, which I'm jokingly calling the "Ultimate Display of Bad-Assery"

NecaBadassery.jpg

I definitely need a few more Aliens and maybe a Terminator or two, and David 8 is a little out of place, but I think it's kinda neat.

Any body else collect have any cool collections?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only get the figures I think are cool or characters I like, but I have quite a few NECA offerings in my collection.

I'm actually quite bummed they didn't get the new Assassin's Creed licenses. I have their Altair & Ezio, but Connor & Edward are going to be made by McFarlane (which I have nothing against, but there's no way they're going to be the same scale, what with how much shorter their recent lines have become). sad.png

Edited by TENIME_art

I'm not a big NECA person either, but I picked up the SDCC bloody Leonidas back in 07 or 08 and have always liked it. I also go the 18" Predator and I recently picked up the Deacon. The Deacon was sort of an impulse buy so I may not keep it.

I loved their short-lived Turtles line, and I think I still have the Bride from Kill Bill around here somewhere, but overall I'm not that into realistic video game/movie figures. Some of their sculpts are definitely impressive for that scale though, from what I've seen on review sites. Their Gremlins line almost pulled me in a while back.

I was very tempted by the ED-209, but I'm thinking no. My brother's likes Portal 2 a lot, so I'll probably be getting Atlas and P-body for him. I was actually pretty tempted by Chell.

I forgot that NECA did the comic turtles. I never did track down a full set, only Don and Leo. Certainly won't be completing the set at their current prices.

I'm a fan of some of their works, I've got a Katniss and Chell figure which are best female figures I've ever had.

Articulation can be bait low as I've come to expect but I was pleasantly surprised that Chell is well articulated and their sculpts are almost always stunning

When I thought about it, I realized I have quite a few NECA figures. I've got a set of B&W Turtles, all of the Gremlins and several of the bigger name characters they've done (Robocop, Terminator, Aliens, Predator, Hunger Games, etc.) I love what they've done with Gremlins and I'm hoping the line continues, though I'm not too hopeful. I'm usually a fan of their figures, but every so often they miss the mark so completely it's disappointing (like the current Rocky figures).

And I'm glad I passed on buying Stay Puft for too much when I had the chance since DST's version looks to be pretty sweet also.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got TONS of NECA figures, and they are just a fantastic company. Love my Dutch'es, Big Red, love Bioshock Elizabeth, my Splinter Cell Sam, etc. I've been considering Lone Ranger, and overall they're all fantastic toys.

But, today i had my first break. Picked up the last Crimspn Typhoon from another TRU today looking for Muddy Dutch, and was really excited for him. Opening him, i found his front right shoulder to be stuck shut; dried paint. Popped the arm off with the ball in in, went right in the freezer. When that did nothing i went for old faithful: the blow-drier. Softened the shoulder, but did nothing for the stuck ball. Finally resolved to peel back the shoulder plastic with an Exacto (broke that in the process...) and finally went for pliers. Snapped the peg in two.

Apparently it's a widespread problem, and to NECA's credit, it's the first i've ever had. Fortunately the snapped peg let me force the ball out at last, so i went for some Loctite to fix it. About an hour later, i popped the ball into the chest and the arm back onto the ball, and it's even better than it was before.

With that one shoulder fixed, this is an incredible figure. CT could use some biceps, but he's tons of fun. Not sure i'll buy Gipsy Danger, but i'm definitely getting Striker Eureka now.

I'm veeeeeery tempted to buy the bioshock infinite figures but tey'll cost me around 50 dollars since bigbadtoystore has a pretty expensive shipping. I LOVED the game and if i buy Liz and the Boy of Silence then i'll have to buy the Motorized Patriot. Also, any other figures you'd recomend? I really like the Valve ones but the articulation is a major thing for me so if they don't have any i can't see myself bying any.

One thing i regret is not buying the neca tmnt figures when i found them on clearance. They were going for 10 euros each.

I'm a Gears of War collector myself. Kind of wish Hudson came with a second head and I'm a little concerned that the line won't finish with Aliens. So I'm sticking with strictly GoW for now.

Picked up Tonto at TRU today. He's a pretty awesome figure, and the hidden articulation on him is amazing. I went ahead and ordered the Lone Ranger from Amazon, as I feel it's silly to only have one of the two. I hope he's as good as Tonto

Tonto.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I saw the final battle Predator set at TRU and it looked good, but not my thing. I would like to find the Dutch figure that looks like he is in infrared. Not sure why, but I like it.