UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Giant Sized X-Men Minimates TEAM

TheCecilTurtle

Hey guys,

I recently bought the giant sized x-men boxset on ebay (still debating on whether i should open it or not). I wanted to make a whole x-men team, using this boxset as the base. I really like the idea of making a "classic x-men" team so i really wanna do this. What other figures should i get to complete this team?

Thanks.

id probably leave it unopened, its a pretty sweet box, i wish i kept mine when I bought it almost 10 years ago. sigh.

I'm a brat and was lucky enough to pick up two one to open and one to leave on a shelf. Personally, I wouldn't open it because for display purposes you can basically get better versions of the team easily Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus. You can mix and merge to get a great Cyclops from 90's Cyclops take off the strap and use the chest piece, legs and face on a Dark Phoenix Cyclops crotch, cowl, and arms and I added new Muties boots and gloves. Original Storm and T-Bird are usually cheap on Ebay. You can also add on Giant Sized X-Men Colossus boots to Outback X-Men Pete if you want him to look larger. Giant SIzed Storm I have wanted to change her head piece for Capcom Storm but the flesh tones unfortunately don't match. Hope that helps.

Giant SIzed Storm I have wanted to change her head piece for Capcom Storm but the flesh tones unfortunately don't match.

I don't think any of the Storm skin tones match sadly, which is a shame, prevents piecing together various costumes/looks

id probably leave it unopened, its a pretty sweet box, i wish i kept mine when I bought it almost 10 years ago. sigh.

I'm a brat and was lucky enough to pick up two one to open and one to leave on a shelf. Personally, I wouldn't open it because for display purposes you can basically get better versions of the team easily Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus. You can mix and merge to get a great Cyclops from 90's Cyclops take off the strap and use the chest piece, legs and face on a Dark Phoenix Cyclops crotch, cowl, and arms and I added new Muties boots and gloves. Original Storm and T-Bird are usually cheap on Ebay. You can also add on Giant Sized X-Men Colossus boots to Outback X-Men Pete if you want him to look larger. Giant SIzed Storm I have wanted to change her head piece for Capcom Storm but the flesh tones unfortunately don't match. Hope that helps.

yes thanks so much. i already have a loose classic wolverine and nightcrawler, i guess ill just buy them all loose and keep the box mint for possible resale.

I just realized I never posted a pick of it. This is a mashup of the Cyclops.

2013-06-24162450_zps5e9b86a6.jpg

In reviewing him, he is mainly a 90's Scott, with a Dark Phoenix Cowl, and thn New Mutant booties and gloves. The Phoenix is a white Phoenix body with a Heather Hudson face and Starfire hair on a Marvel Legends Firebird.

^^^^ I've been wanting to get a 90's Cyke for this reason alone

I've got an extra 90's 'Clops!