UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Could we ever see Breaking Bad 'mates?

On my list of top "wants" for Minimates, Breaking Bad has been at the top for a long long time.

I don't know how likely this is, but would anyone else dig these? My dream series one would be:

Walter in button up shirt/underwear with a silver pistol / Jesse in a jacket & beanie and his red duffle bag of money

Walter and Jesse in the blue/green hazmat suits with gas masks and chemistry equipment accessories

Tuco with his assualt rife and knife / Hank Shrader with his pistol

Skyler / DEA Agent Gomez w/ pistol and DEA badge

--Obviously that is all Season 1/2 based... but there are so many great things that could be done.

I do know Mezco has the license for figures, bobbleheads, and their own minis (Mez-Itz), but these would be fantastic in my opinion.

I would say it's highly unlikely BB will ever be Minimates. Funko was trying to get rights to do BB Pops and mentioned that Mezco had sealed up the rights to BB in a way that didn't leave wiggle room for them to make anything. If that's the case, I doubt Minimates will happen when they have the Mez-Itz line of similar sized figures.

I would say it's highly unlikely BB will ever be Minimates. Funko was trying to get rights to do BB Pops and mentioned that Mezco had sealed up the rights to BB in a way that didn't leave wiggle room for them to make anything. If that's the case, I doubt Minimates will happen when they have the Mez-Itz line of similar sized figures.

Awww, that's really disheartening news.

I like what Mezco is doing and all, heck I have a LOT of their stuff on preorder, but man... I can't help but to feel like I took a punch to the stomach since Minimates are my favorite style of toy and collectible.

That’s unfortunate, I don’t really care for anything Mezco is doing (it’s not bad, just not for me) and was really hoping for some Pops... even minimates don’t seem like they’d really fit the series for me, but a Walt and Jessie in hazmat suits and a Heisenberg as Pops would be just about perfect... shame.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'd buy every Breaking Bad minimate they could come up with. There's certainly enough characters. With all these other companies like Funko and Mezco getting the rights to licensing, I don't see why Art Asylum/Diamond Select couldn't.

I've been obsessed with the potentional for Breaking Bad toys/collectibles for a while now and even went as far as making a "minifigure" product assortment line for an art exhibition inspired by the minimate design,

http://adifabio9.wix.com/difabio-portfolio#!3dpackaging/c1m5l

• 2 weeks later...

I'd buy every Breaking Bad minimate they could come up with. There's certainly enough characters. With all these other companies like Funko and Mezco getting the rights to licensing, I don't see why Art Asylum/Diamond Select couldn't.

I've been obsessed with the potentional for Breaking Bad toys/collectibles for a while now and even went as far as making a "minifigure" product assortment line for an art exhibition inspired by the minimate design,

Awesome job!!!

• 8 months later...

Probably going to retrofit a few of these for Better Call Saul. Got that creative itch after seeing last night's episode. Might as well start with Jimny and Mike.

post-3068-0-64718900-1426031349_thumb.jp

Edited by DiFabio