UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How rare is the x factor angel and warpath 2 pack?

TheCecilTurtle

I saw someone on eBay asking $100 BIN for it... but i don't know that it actually sold.

I have seen it go for $50 - $60. BHMpays better attention to eBay prices, so it might be better to ask him what it's gone for recently.

We have been told that the rarest of the TRU packs were produced in quantities greater than the variants sold at comic shops. So, not all that rare, really, in terms of numbers of sets in existence. Probably no rarer than, say, Bullseye/Moonstone or Gauntlet Tony/Stealth Iron Man. But it is rare in terms of availability, because folks aren't re-selling, or kids picked them up and they're sitting in someone's toy bin, or they're still sitting on some shelves somewhere and thus aren't on eBay.

Edited by karamazov80

BHM = buttheadsmate

A senior member around here with almost as much wisdom as the many years he has accumulated on Earth. Don't worry, you'll encounter him soon enough. I would consider him the local minimate appraiser as he keeps his eye on ebay prices a lot.

my tru didn't start getting mates until after this wave. so i managed to score bullseye/moonstone, but no x-factor angel/warpath. i didn't buy the x-factor set, so i'm ok with no Angel, but i woulda liked the Warpath... hoping they make a 90s X-Force version eventually.

I'm a bit concerned that there might be some misconception that I am the last word on pricing.....I'm not.......& I have always made that clear in anything I wrote in the 'Price Guide' thread that I did some years ago. TRU stuff is a bit of a mystery when it comes to numbers made but we've been given clues & I've done my best to figure it out .

I have bought the same minimum amount of each & every TRU set ever made & the set that was the most difficult from the moment it was released is Angel/Warpath.

I'm a bit concerned that there might be some misconception that I am the last word on pricing.....I'm not.......& I have always made that clear in anything I wrote in the 'Price Guide' thread that I did some years ago. TRU stuff is a bit of a mystery when it comes to numbers made but we've been given clues & I've done my best to figure it out .

I have bought the same minimum amount of each & every TRU set ever made & the set that was the most difficult from the moment it was released is Angel/Warpath.

Didn't they say there were less of these since X-Factor Angel was the "varient" of the set. I'm glad the factory messed up because at least you can pose Archangel with the X-Factor team and it is comic appropriate but had the original Angel been the varient and in so little demand I would have raised hell.

@ thereasonsy - I think you're thinking of the Modern Angel vs First Appearance / Silver Age Angel issues: fig0870flg.jpgfig0872flg.jpg

X-Factor Angel was also the missing member of an X box set, but was part of a TRU wave (and was arguably much harder to find than FA Angel):

fig0892flg.jpg Hail Ivan.

Edited by Nessex