UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2013: Deadpool Box Set.

DaveOMac

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. It was an SDCC exclusive (as the box states) but only part of the run was sold there? And now its available at retail? So I spent $30 on this set for no reason.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The only reason I asked was because a colleague ordered it at our LCS and when I went to check on its status for him, the owner of the shop told me it looked like orders had been cancelled by Diamond. Sounds like some confusion on his part considering it's showing up elsewhere.

I have no special insight but I wouldn't wait for this set to ship to your local comic shop if you can buy it online .

I just base what I say on here by what I see & hear on the 'interweb'.....from 'day one' this set had 'winner' written all over it ,IMHO Deadpool Minimates are far hotter than Iron-Man Minimates these days .

Don't get hosed by some of the 'usual suspects' on ebay because there are some super deals about .....I bought sets at $14.99 each just last week with tiny shipping costs *

*details on request PM.

I don't know the 'run' on these but I'm guessing 3000 ?

I don't like how this was released. If it was said upfront that this set would be released in larger numbers AFTER SDCC, then I apologize for my own ignorance. However, I don't recall that little detail being mentioned. I didn't go to SDCC 2013, so I bought this set at a premium third party price. Later, the set hits retail markets at or (mostly)below retail. I am being trained to not buy Minimates until the market saturates and then purchase discounted sets when the retailer wants to move them.

I think the crux of the issue of 'when to buy' revolves around how many are being produced & your own 'gut feeling' of how well they'll sell . Most convention stuff is produced in numbers of at least 3000 & there aren't too many minimate sets that have immediately 'sold out' over the years,you can usually afford to wait .

There are exceptions however & this was one of them .........& my 'gut' was definitely feeling it .......so I'd been hesitating on 'adding' a few sets to the vault until recently when all of a sudden there seemed to be a dump of them around after an initial drought .

Gut feelings.........

The first T'cats box set was perhaps my finest 'gut feeling' momentyes.gif

.......on the other hand there's 'Alice' & the 'Zik' 2-pack sad.png

I'll never be able to understand Deadpool's success and appeal. I've missed both of his box sets and I couldn't care less... I do like when he's part of a set or wave, but full sets dedicated to him don't affect me at all.