UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2013: Deadpool Box Set.

DaveOMac

My only issue is you can make an amazing selling boxset without resorting to using the same character 4 times..m again. You can put Deadpool with someone like Gambit, Psylocke, and Cable, and have it sell like nothing, and non of those characters really need new pieces. Just a thought

I like the four packs of the same character in different versions AKA Through the ages sets AND I think some of the characters will easily fill out more than one four pack. This Hulk TTA set has had me excited since I saw the art for it. The Captain America and Venom TTA sets are favorites of mine. We are not all going to agree on the coolness factor of things that get put out, but IMO TTA sets are great. I hear what you are saying, but I wouldn't throw the TTA sets under the bus to get newer versions of other characters.
I love the TTA sets, but usually that's because it comes with comic accurate costumes, or much needed redoo's, or new characters. Like the venom came with 3 characters, Wolverine has a lot of amazing costumes, etc. Doing a bunch of Deadpools when he already had a boxset devoted him, and only like 1 being comic accurate, just comes off as something different than a TTA.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only issue is you can make an amazing selling boxset without resorting to using the same character 4 times..m again. You can put Deadpool with someone like Gambit, Psylocke, and Cable, and have it sell like nothing, and non of those characters really need new pieces. Just a thought

I like the four packs of the same character in different versions AKA Through the ages sets AND I think some of the characters will easily fill out more than one four pack. This Hulk TTA set has had me excited since I saw the art for it. The Captain America and Venom TTA sets are favorites of mine. We are not all going to agree on the coolness factor of things that get put out, but IMO TTA sets are great. I hear what you are saying, but I wouldn't throw the TTA sets under the bus to get newer versions of other characters.
I love the TTA sets, but usually that's because it comes with comic accurate costumes, or much needed redoo's, or new characters. Like the venom came with 3 characters, Wolverine has a lot of amazing costumes, etc. Doing a bunch of Deadpools when he already had a boxset devoted him, and only like 1 being comic accurate, just comes off as something different than a TTA.

Actually three of them are comic accurate. 4 if you count the mvc one. Xmen dp appeared in an xmen comic one or two years ago,thorpool did duke it out with thor and captain ameripool did appear on a cover. Cablepool appeared in an mvc3 comic i think. So, the only one that is not from the comics is the PK dp.

For display purposes, getting that bonus figure kinda coerces you into getting a second set. I don't mind getting two sets in cases like New Mutants where you can mix parts to get powered-down versions of a couple characters but in a case like this, if you don't have a blank Minimate body to put into tha armor, you're displaying one figure OR the other.

But the other option is only one option! If the X-Men Deadpool option weren't there, then he simply wouldn't be made. That would be preferable?

If you're talking about my preferences, I'll rather see a Daredevil set with a revamped yellow outfit and three new villains. biggrin.png

I'm not a Deadpool fan, just someone who collects Marvel Minimates and prefers comic authenticity so, yeah, I suppose I'd be fine if the armor wasn't in there at all. I don't recall anyone asking for a Phonics-killer Deadpool so I don't think people would have missed it.

Replace it with Pool-buster Armor and you've got a different argument. wink.png

For display purposes, getting that bonus figure kinda coerces you into getting a second set. I don't mind getting two sets in cases like New Mutants where you can mix parts to get powered-down versions of a couple characters but in a case like this, if you don't have a blank Minimate body to put into tha armor, you're displaying one figure OR the other.

I get it but it doesn't bug me in this circumstance since I'm only displaying comic-based designs and repurposing the armor. Plus after ten years of collecting these things, I've got plenty of spare parts around anyway.

Maybe DST should finally get into the blank Minimate business. We're getting stands sooo... smile.png

Exactly what I'm thinking. I feel obligated to buy a second set, knowing there's a possible variation. Or I could just display the torso...

Actually three of them are comic accurate. 4 if you count the mvc one. Xmen dp appeared in an xmen comic one or two years ago,thorpool did duke it out with thor and captain ameripool did appear on a cover. Cablepool appeared in an mvc3 comic i think. So, the only one that is not from the comics is the PK dp.

I guess you're right. I never knew about Thorpool and CapPool. Cablepool has to be a real thing since they teamed up for so long, lol. I'm surprised they didn't do Venom pool.

I would have loved Marvel Pool, though.

deadpool-marvel-girl.jpg

Edited by Zexion_Armando

I guess you're right. I never knew about Thorpool and CapPool. Cablepool has to be a real thing since they teamed up for so long, lol. I'm surprised they didn't do Venom pool.

I would have loved Marvel Pool, though.

Marvel Pool would be great! Especially if we could then have an easy custom into the 60's Marvel Girl outfit. That seriously is one of my favorite costumes of all time.

Edited by thereasonsy

Marvel Pool would be great! Especially if we could then have an easy custom into the 60's Marvel Girl outfit. That seriously is one of my favorite costumes of all time.

yeah, that's the main reason I wanted that. Swap the cancer skin for some normal skin, a get her a red hair, and there you go. 2 birds, 1 stone.

So the only piece of the set that I don’t absolutely love is Phonics-Killer, which is really only because I don’t like the chest piece when viewed from the front, it’s got crazy great detail from the back and I love the limbs... but that chest piece...

So I’m thinking of making a decal that looks like this:

post-1897-0-38490200-1371275575_thumb.pn

(HAIL IVAN)

you know, so you can see Deadpool inside it driving around. Then I think I’ll like it better.

I like that dr. baghead! There is a Venompool, he's a red Venom with a Deadpool face design.

Can we not quote so many quotes? That one guys post took up half this page, on a single post....

Polarboy, those are leg/ankle bands.

I wonder who the bands are for, as well as the green psylocke swords and the shoulder bag.

I'm piecing things together and it looks like there are enough parts to make a regular Deadpool (extra head, ankle things, red feet)

Also two black BFGs for Phonics DP is ownage

Edited by kaipo

I don't think they are specifically for anyone, they're just loot so that you can fix DP up with plenty o weapons.

(and possibly to make the set more appealing to collectors who are a bit tired of DP).