UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2013: Deadpool Box Set.

DaveOMac

I'm betting they're wanting a big hitter this year (as would DST I'd assume).

If that's the case, then I have some free advice for AFX and DST:

NFL_Superpro_Special_Edition_Vol_1_1.jpg

No one hits harder in the Marvel U. Superpro 10 pack for next year's SDCC?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be the consolation prize to the Deadpool Taco Truck set, which I'm sure will sell out at Hasbro. I'm looking forward to the packaging of this to see if they are playful with it as the previous one.

the packaging is the same red box with cap,spidey,wolvie,iron man and thor but they all have deadpool's face.It's on afx's website.

Yeah, I realized it after I posted when I looked down on the page, hehe. Staring at Captain Ameri-pool makes me think he's a communist, though.

Well, this is a compelete 180 from Alpha Flight. I am torn between my love for Deadpool and posing him in these ridiculous outfits and of course the fact that we lost 4 slots over this. It's the same issue I have with the Wolvie set where these could have been sold at a local comic book shop or TRU and we lost a shot at getting four new mates. Also side bar anyone else pissed that Marvel is doing Lego varient covers for their titles this fall?

I mean, I'm getting it, but I just feel like that's four slots that could have been so much more interesting than part reuse on one character.

Great for all the Deadpool fans in the house. Just really wish that it was a team set like Uncanny Avengers or West Coast Avengers.

Dude, if they made a West Coast Avengers box set, I would scream like a prepubescent girl at a Justin Bieber concert. Hell, I'd probably cry tears of joy.

Was this set created using DST's famous Build a Minimate? I love Deadpool, but I dunno about this set. When I first saw the pic I thought it was a board member playing a joke. I would have preferred one with Dogpool and the Iron Man Deadpool from a few issues ago. Xmen DP looks cool, and it's not like I'm not gonna buy a set featuring the crimson crusader, the merc with a mouth, the reusable regeneratin' degenerate.

...hey I just got off the phone with Wade and he said this set just got switched to a Danger Room Wolverine 4pack.

The Deadpool Corps boxset doesn't seem that long ago to me, released in Fall of 2011, so 2 boxsets dedicated to variations of the same character within 2 years has definitely dulled what little interest I had in Deadpool. I'm sure it will sell like crazy though, especially at the show!

Yeah. I really don't think Deadpool's quite as popular as Marvel seems to think; back when they had him in as many monthly titles as Spider-Man a few years ago they were all selling in the 30k range, which is not good for a character supporting multiple titles. But obviously DST wouldn't have made this set if the original Deadpool set didn't sell well for them.

All my casual or non comic reading super hero loving friends LOVE Deadpool. His current book outsells Thor and Iron Man most months and his video game should only increase his appeal. My man Wade is on the way up and really the only big name character to gain popularity in the mainstream and maintain a monthly book since Wolverine.

You know what would have made this set like 1000% better? Doctor Bong.

Just sayin'. Missed opportunity.

We need a Deadpool supporting cast set: Dr Bong, Weasel, T-Ray and BOB!!!!!

This did not "take a slot". Slots are infinite. SDCC sets are bonus sets, and if this set hadn't been such a guaranteed seller, there might not have been any set at all.

But once again, I expect all naysayers to change their mind when they:

1. See tray shots (there are two trays, this thing is loaded)

2. See in-hand shots (they're really well-done)

3. Realize it's sold out (it will)

Well, the Deadpool counterpart was called Deathwish who really was Victor Von Doom but acted more in line with Deadpool. And Death Mask was Wade Wilson who acted more like Doom. Either way, it was an alternate reality so they made up new names. I didn't care for the names much either but they were throwaway characters.

And I didn't know about the MvC3 thing either but now we know how deep they dug for their comic knowledge!

Well, the Deadpool counterpart was called Deathwish who really was Victor Von Doom but acted more in line with Deadpool. And Death Mask was Wade Wilson who acted more like Doom. Either way, it was an alternate reality so they made up new names. I didn't care for the names much either but they were throwaway characters.

And I didn't know about the MvC3 thing either but now we know how deep they dug for their comic knowledge!

Yeah, they got really creative with the Alt Colors (Sadly, the costumes suffered mostly. Cablepool was one of my favorites though)

1. See tray shots (there are two trays, this thing is loaded)

2. See in-hand shots (they're really well-done)

3. Realize it's sold out (it will)

Nice

At first I wasnt that bothered about this set. Like others its a bit of Deadpool overload. Now Seeing that the majority of these new looks have appeared on or in comics an looking at them a bit more I'm ok with them. So more money to be spent.

Shoot, I already ordered two of them, along with everything else. Im a fan of minimates, and not characters I guess. Certain characters make them cooler, but I still buy a lot of figures I know nothing about or would really care for. Lost in space? To me, who cares, but I'm still buying them because I really like minimates. And I'm going to display them all proudly!

I appear to be pretty alone on this, but not only do I get why this set was made, I'm not mad that it wasn't something else and I really like the set and am happy it's being made.

And to make me less likable, I readily admit that I will enjoy this way more than that Strange Tales boxset.

I appear to be pretty alone on this, but not only do I get why this set was made, I'm not mad that it wasn't something else and I really like the set and am happy it's being made.

And to make me less likable, I readily admit that I will enjoy this way more than that Strange Tales boxset.

Blasphemy! That Strange Tales set was Hot Sex! :)

I'm more bothered by Zachs statement about how there almost wasn't a set at all. As much as I appreciated the Alpha Flights and Stormbreaker sets, something is better than nothing! My only complaint is the pure repetition of characters this year. Wolvie, Iron Man and Deadpool. Oh, and a single Pepper Potts. My Marvel collection isn't growing by character depth this SDCC season. Personally I would have preferred to have some ranks fleshed out some more, like Marvel Now. I thought the Avengers vs X-Men sets were very well done and had hoped for something more like that.

Should we be afraid for what the future holds for our Marvel Minimates?? If retailers were passing on a slam dunk like Hulk TTA, are box sets in trouble? I feel the waves are still safe (TRU & LCS), but are retailers shying away from the niche sets?

Is it the retailers shying away from niche sets or buyers? Of the last few years exclusives, several are still easily available (Alpha Flight, Stormbreaker, AvX, MvC3, etc), several of which are at a discount. And that doesn't include non-Marvel stuff. You can't blame DST or someone like AFX for not taking a gamble this year and putting out four packs that get the attention of con goers. They have to compete for their money and the casual fan is more likely to pick up a pack of cool looking Wolverines and Deadpools than Alpha Flight. I'd have loved to have seen different offerings and am bummed a bit that there aren't any new characters being released at SDCC this, however I'll take stuff like this that will most definitely sell better than something I like that makes more exclusives less likely. Just a thought.