UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2013: Deadpool Box Set.

DaveOMac

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a whole lot of Wade Wilson love! Are these from comics? Color me interested!

Some are from comics, some are from Variant covers. The only one I'm unfamiliar with is Phoenix buster Deadpool.

Americapool is from a cover. Thorpool did happen in a comic (except that the canon version didn't have blonde hair like the minimate). Cablepool sort of appeared in a comic. X-men deadpool is canon and is under the pheonix buster deadpool (i assume,i'm not sure). PB dp is one of the figures Zach told us about. A made up outfit for a popular character.

Super part reuse, does the Cap-pool look like he has a slip on mask?

I bet he has his scarred face under the mask. You can see a bit of it showing.

Edited by Kostisfire

The Deadpool Corps boxset doesn't seem that long ago to me, released in Fall of 2011, so 2 boxsets dedicated to variations of the same character within 2 years has definitely dulled what little interest I had in Deadpool. I'm sure it will sell like crazy though, especially at the show!

The Deadpool Corps boxset doesn't seem that long ago to me, released in Fall of 2011, so 2 boxsets dedicated to variations of the same character within 2 years has definitely dulled what little interest I had in Deadpool. I'm sure it will sell like crazy though, especially at the show!

Fear not! Another deadpool is coming with the Thunderbolts boxset!laugh.png i myself can't get enough of deadpool due to his badass and sometimes wacky costumes. He sells and he is great custom fodder.

Edited by Kostisfire

Not a fan of Deadpool. I don't dislike the character, I'm just ignorant to his appeal. I should probably read him and give him a try.

Consequently my first reaction to this set was something like, "WTF is this nonsense? Good. I can pass on it." Then I took a closer look and realized that three of the figures come from comics and the fourth is good custom fodder for an X-Men figure I'm making.

Bottom line: I'll be adding this to my (reluctantly) growing collection of Deadpool Minimates. spidey.gif <-- That's Spider-Pool.

Well, this is as far as from what would interest me in a Minimate set as humanly possible. I'm glad that some people seem to enjoy it, and Deadpool's a popular enough character that I'm sure it will sell great, which is all that matters. I'm just hoping this isn't a sign of things to come for the line.

. . .definitely dulled what little interest I had in Deadpool.

Deadpool? More like Dullpool. Am I right? *hi five*

I'm sure it will sell like crazy though, especially at the show!

And that's the bottom line. . .because Stone Cold said so.

Yeah. I really don't think Deadpool's quite as popular as Marvel seems to think; back when they had him in as many monthly titles as Spider-Man a few years ago they were all selling in the 30k range, which is not good for a character supporting multiple titles. But obviously DST wouldn't have made this set if the original Deadpool set didn't sell well for them.

In a year that's giving us a four pack of Venoms, Hulks and Wolverines, I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this set. With the buzz out there about the MU DP Taco Truck and the new DP game coming out soon, this seems like a no-brainer set when you're looking for sales. And since AFX still has ALpha Flight from last year, I'm betting they're wanting a big hitter this year (as would DST I'd assume).

Not a fan of Deadpool. I don't dislike the character, I'm just ignorant to his appeal. I should probably read him and give him a try.

I've tried that MPL and I still don't get it. I was really getting annoyed with him in my beloved Uncanny X-Force.

I'll never really understand Deadpool's popularity...

Rob Liefeld...'nuff said.

I very much agree.

I just think with the Deadpool game, Marvel Universe box set, as well as the Marvel Legend Deadpool figure on shelves, they're approaching overkill swiftly. Which isn't DST's fault, it makes good marketing sense, but I wonder how big a marketplace there is for so much Deadpool.

I mean, I'm getting it, but I just feel like that's four slots that could have been so much more interesting than part reuse on one character.

Great for all the Deadpool fans in the house. Just really wish that it was a team set like Uncanny Avengers or West Coast Avengers.

Chris Claremont has an interesting theory that relates to this, which is that each generation of fans needs a character that's the focal point for them. For those of us that grew up in the 70's and 80's, it was Wolverine. For the Millenials, Claremont intended for that character to be Gambit, but clearly it's Deadpool. I get his appeal, even if I don't necessarily share it.