UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hi, guys! I recently started collecting minimates but I've been collecting Marvel Legends, Select, Play Arts Kai and some other lines for the past 9 years. I've been making reviews and taking pictures of these action figures for quite some time already. Toy Photography is one thing that I integrated with this hobby and it's what brought me here to the minimates line too. Anyway, here are some links of my channels, sites and portfolios.

The Advocate's Den (Toy Reviews and Photography)

http://www.youtube.com/user/advocate928

Toy Photography

http://www.behance.net/advocatepinoy

Instagram

http://instagram.com/dontgiveadom

Facebook Page

https://www.facebook.com/advocatereviews

Portofilio

http://www.flickr.com/photos/advocatepinoy/

9095981851_74b925497b_n.jpg
Minimates. by advocatepinoy, on Flickr
Edited by advocatepinoy

Welcome! It's always great having talented people contributing to the Minimate community.
I've been pretty impressed with your photos - especially some of the X-Men First Class and Daredevil shots. Keep it up, and make yourself at home smile.png

I watch you along with ShartimusPrime! Welcome!

Welcome to the 'verse and your new addiction! Really like those pictures of yours.

Welcome to the Multiverse. I follow a few of the Pinoy Minimate collectors on Facebook. I am glad more are joining up here.

Ooo! More pictures to distract me! Welcome to the clubhouse. cool.png

Welcome! I don't advocate anything personally sad.png

Welcome! It's always great having talented people contributing to the Minimate community.

I've been pretty impressed with your photos - especially some of the X-Men First Class and Daredevil shots. Keep it up, and make yourself at home smile.png

I watch you along with ShartimusPrime! Welcome!

Thank you so much, guys! smile.png

I'm really enjoying the line and I am really impressed by its strong and firm community.

Will post more soon and would love to participate in the discussions!

Peace! biggrin.png

Beautiful photos. Just amazing. You will fit right in with this group, there is tremendous talent on this board. Welcome!

What does "Pinoy" mean for those of don't know?

Pinoy is a term used to call Filipinos. :)

Advocate is just a term I used as a nick for years :)

Thank you, sir!

Welcome bro Dominic! Nice to see you in MMMV.

Thank you for yhe really warm welcome!

Welcome aboard . thumbsup.gif I did my own research on 'pinoy' as soon as you posted this thread & would never have known its origin . I'm kinda glad I did thumbsup.gif

I'm seeing some great stuff in your links.

Rob, would you say Pinoy is analogous to Briton? :)

IMHO Brit would be analogous because Pinoy is a more informal way that Filipinos usually refer to themselves .....pinoy (masc.) pinay (fem.)

*Pinoy was used for self-identification by the first wave of Filipinos goiing to the United States prior to WW2 & from what i've read the name can be used as a term of endearment or disparaging .......*

..............to be honest I don't like being called a Brit but I get over it & accept that it isn't meant to be derogatory .

Laughably my ignorance of the word Pinoy especially in the context of a toy forum had me thinking all over the place .....& yes TM2Dinobot & his obsession came to mind. So there you are I've said it nowblush.png

*wiki*

IMHO Brit would be analogous because Pinoy is a more informal way that Filipinos usually refer to themselves .....pinoy (masc.) pinay (fem.)

*Pinoy was used for self-identification by the first wave of Filipinos goiing to the United States prior to WW2 & from what i've read the name can be used as a term of endearment or disparaging .......*

..............to be honest I don't like being called a Brit but I get over it & accept that it isn't meant to be derogatory .

Laughably my ignorance of the word Pinoy especially in the context of a toy forum had me thinking all over the place .....& yes TM2Dinobot & his obsession came to mind. So there you are I've said it nowblush.png

*wiki*

I understand and pretty much it's fine and I just brush it off when some just use it against us. it's all good. LOL.

Anyway, thank you for checking out my work, sir ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...