UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Injustice 3.75" figures

Okay, I've been griping about not having any DC characters in this scale for a while as I don't collect 6 inch or 12 inch figures, so when I found out that these were coming out, I was fairly excited. I have been enjoying the new netherrealm video game lately and took a chance and got the 4 that have already been released. They come in packs of two, they have decent articulation as well. Unfortunately, there are more negatives IMO. First off, they are fairly expensive. I think I paid about $22 for each set. They have QC issues in that the paint jobs can really be flawed (see Wonder Woman's face), and I had some issues with Wonder Woman's knee joint. My biggest peeve is that they are smaller than Marvel Universe figures. Solomon Grundy looks great next to the Marvel figures, but the other three look...well, I guess like teenagers. It's not a horrible difference in height, but it's noticeable (sorry, I don't have a comparison shot). It would drive scale fanatics a little nuts. I guess I'm glad I have a few DC figures now, but I'm undecided on whether I get the ones that are coming out later. Anyway, here's a look at Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy, and Wonder Woman:

post-2001-0-04524500-1370904041_thumb.jppost-2001-0-92857400-1370904062_thumb.jppost-2001-0-96541400-1370904083_thumb.jppost-2001-0-10754600-1370904101_thumb.jp

I just got these last week when my Pile of Loot shipped from BBTS and I have yet to take them out of the package. I've gotten all of their Green Lantern figures and knew what to expect when it came to size comparisons. I suppose my biggest gripe is that even when DC finally listens to fans to give them better figures, they still miss the point. I can say that having all of the Infinite Heroes line makes you appreciate these, but they're not MU standards and certainly not MU price. I'm excited to see another GL SDCC pack, but not the $50 price for 3 figures and a cat. I'll keep getting these, but I wish DC could get on board with what their fans are asking for.

Injustice keeps releasing Red Son skins, Blackest Night skins, etc. that I keep passing on. If they released classic costumes, I bet everyone would want them. I want the iconic outfits that I grew up with. I wonder why DC is so adamant that we move on? Anyway, I couldn't take WW's face anymore and tried to give her a makeover with a sharpie. I have to say, I felt weird and unmanly but , Girl seriously needed some mascara.

post-2001-0-28592200-1371053814_thumb.jp

I suppose I'm always bothered by companies that are out of touch with what people want and keep telling people that what they have is cool. DC is that way and Mattel and DCD follow the same idea.

Now, if instead of an Injustice line of figures these were Blackest Night figures, I bet there would have been much better reception. The figures would still be produced poorly, but the looks would have been more in touch with what was successful with DC.

Part of the problem is that the guy that's doing most of these designs is also one of the publishers, so I'm afraid that there's not going to be a lot of critical feedback. But DC does seem to be quite out of touch with their fan base right now; it's a shame, but I'm afraid that nothing short of a complete housecleaning at the highest levels will right that ship.