UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

E3 discussion and news

Nintendo has proven once again they are out of touch with the Market. It's like they have two completely different companies. The one that makes Wii Crap and the one that makes 3DS.

The 3DS is EASILY my favorite console right now. Animal Crossing may be my game of the year. It's just amazing! Fire Emblem, Mario Kart, Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion. I may never purchase a 3rd party game, but my 3DS will always be amazing. Add to that PokeMon this year and then Smash Bros next. It's brilliant.

Then, there is the Wii U. I almost bought a Wii U a couple of months ago because I really wanted to play LEGO City...thank God I didn't. There is just nothing to play on that system. They announced a new Donkey Kong this year (eh), The Wonderful 101 (which looks like an XBLA game), Mario Kart (which I have on my 3DS) and then Mario 3D World.....that was the earth shattering, killer app that you had for 2013. A Mario game that looks like an HD version of 3D Land, which I already have!?!? I was expecting Mario Galaxy on Steriods....or something worth my time. How I wish Nintendo would stop making home hardware and just develop and publish games on the PS4 and Xbox One. Not only would they make SO MUCH MONEY, but they would also have such better tools to work with. Dang that Japaneses pride!

agreed, 3DS is such a good system its almost sad that their handheld is better than their console.

I was excited to see the Pokemon news and im waiting for more on Scribblenauts. Also the new smash bros looks fantastic and hearing its gonna be on 3DS is fantastic

Nintendo have lost it as far as I'm concerned, they are a a one trick pony, 'new versions of about 6 classic francises'.

Like Neo I believe they should give up on the hardware side of things and concentrate on developing great NEW games for existing systems.

Briefly back to the Xbox1 and the online thing, I think my strong opinions over the online/24hr lock-down are put into sharp focus because I just moved house and spend around 2 weeks without internet... the Xbox1 would have been useless to me during that time.

Other than that lots of fun new stuff at E3, still filtering which games I'll actually buy, but this is the first year in a while where I was actually excited to see a bunch of new stuff. ( SW battlefront esp, with the thought that if they are putting old SW franchises in good hands we might see a new X-wing game at some point.)

T.

I agree as well, Nintendo has lost it. Their whole mentality is this: " Hey, we should release another Mario game! This time with a new suit and a bit different environments! Not new territories though, just some minor changes to the background!" It's this or: "let's revive another classic franchise and change next to nothing about it!". The worst thing is that most Nintendo fans don't accept that Nintendo is in trouble. They pretend like these are the best games ever made!

Don't get me wrong, the 3ds is aweosme but latley Nintendo's home consoles don't have very good games. I want new ips and new spins on classic franchises. I want to see another metroid, i want to see a ghostbuster-type of mario game. I want to see an open word Zelda game simillar to skyrim. Not with hyper realistic graphics, i just want to see a living,breathing Zelda world. Hell, i'd take their original idea of Link being the link between the past and the far future (cyborgs and robots kind of future).

Microsoft did introduce more new ips. They may not be everyone's cup of tea but at least they tried. If i don't buy a gaming pc and go with a console i'm not sure with which i'll go with though. I never bought a used game and don't think that i ever will and i don't plan on creating multiple accounts. I don't have many xbox 360 games (around 10 or 15) so i don't care about backwards compabillity. And i really liked ms's new ips and exclusives. I'll wait and see but both companies impressed me this year.

PS4 for me as of now. I hardly ever play games online anymore so that right there along with the fact that 90% of the games I buy are used eliminates xbone. I'm gonna miss Halo and that new Titanfall looks incredible, but Sony has won me over.

I think I'll go with the Wii U. I enjoy playing on the PS3 and Xbox360 but the Wii has games that are more fun, in my opinion. Especially with 4 players. I don't like online play and rarely play by myself. I would've gotten a PS3 if I did. Nothing can beat the sheer joy of Super Smash Brothers, New Super Mario Brothers and Mario Kart. I know they're following the same formula but that's what a lot of games/developers/companies are doing at the moment. Looking at all the shooters, racers and sports games. And when a game is original, it gets dumbed down. Nintendo is really dropping the ball when it comes to marketing and promotion, which is sad. But when it comes down to it, their first party games are the best of the best. Not saying they're untouchable, heck no. I'm not a blind fanboy. A few of my favorite games are: Red Dead Redemption, Batman: Arkham City, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Army Of Two and Prototype. I just hope Nintendo gets their shit together. The humble approach doesn't work. They should scream & shout like Microsoft and Sony. They have the skills, creativity and know-how, use and abuse it!