UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lost in Space

Thought it was time to start a thread dedicated to these Minimates now that they're coming to SDCC. Speaking of which, here they are:

s7.jpg?802b89

SDCC 2013 LOST IN SPACE BLACK-&-WHITE PREVIEWS EXCLUSIVE MINIMATES 2-PACK

Straight out of the early years of the classic ‘60s TV series come none other than the cunning Doctor Zachary Smith and The Robot, recreated in delightful detail as 2” H Minimates!

I'm very excited they're getting produced. Not real crazy about the black & white styling but I'll be adding them to my collection if only to help secure the future of the line. Besides, if these were color, what would DST offer later?

Bottom line: I'm one happy, nostalgic LiS collector who can't wait to get his hands on these!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope they perform beyond expectations, but only so long as I get a set. ;)

Honestly, I don't have ridiculously high hopes. I'd be happy to get color versions of the main cast and anything else would be icing on the cake. I just hope the black & white figures don't turn consumers off and skew sales. I'm sure DST's expectations have been adjusted accordingly.

Has any other line been launched with a black & white set? (Other than View Askew?)

I hope they perform beyond expectations, but only so long as I get a set. wink.png

Honestly, I don't have ridiculously high hopes. I'd be happy to get color versions of the main cast and anything else would be icing on the cake. I just hope the black & white figures don't turn consumers off and skew sales. I'm sure DST's expectations have been adjusted accordingly.

Has any other line been launched with a black & white set? (Other than View Askew?)

Munsters Koach ...purely/technically.

even though it's a prototype - that Robot looks ridiculously awesome - you can really get a sense of the minimate base in there, but he's all-Robot!

And yes, I would love to get the whole cast in color - some of those velour jumpsuit color combinations were awesomely ridiculous!

post-239-0-09676100-1373481764_thumb.jpg

And sign me up for a Chariot as well - maybe a TRU exclusive? Sure, why not? A guy can hope!

Edited by Tad Ghostal

Okay.

I'm back.

Kinda fainted after the "THREE heads" things.

Still a little loopy.

Love the chest tampo on Robot. That's a great touch. The detail on this is extraordinary. Robot fans are gonna love this and (hopefully) demand a color version. Maybe in a 4-pack with Will.

Crap. I may not have ordered enough sets!

Awesome! Thanks!

I was hoping one would have a more "creepy" facial expression. But yeah, like Zach said, the 3rd one is the best!

I really, really hope we get the core cast in color! I'm kinda bummed this is in b&w, but I understand you can't make the robot a SDCC exclusive! Like MisterPL said, I don't think I've ordered enough sets! I'm not even an LiS fan, but I have a soft spot for all the older Sci-Fi & Horror stuff, I just love the designs and they translate so damn well into minimates! Now, if only we can get some Forbidden Planet minimates of Robbie the Robot and Leslie Nielsen!