UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

View Askew Minimates

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

I gave up on Smith when he started smoking "the pot" all the time, right around "Red State". I know he has an audience and faithful followers and that's cool. But his stuff now just isn't connecting with me.

I agree with you.  He talked about who great pot was and how it made him creative - then how come his best work was pre-pot?  If he wants to get high and make lame films, that's fine, but I'll pass.  When he gets back to making smart, funny movies, I'll be interested.

But I will probably buy these anyway, to go with all my other View Askew Mini-mates.  First ever action figure of Johnny Depp's daughter?  It's gonna make me rich one day, I tell ya!

On 7/12/2016 at 3:48 PM, NerdyTrev said:

I think at this point they've accepted that they can't do anything about it, but are still casually dropping something like, "Hey, you know we are still open to it if you want to throw a couple more together!" But, don't take my word for it.

Zach, please correct me. I mean feel free to do or don't, but please correct me.

I don't know what DC has to do with Yoga Hosers, but we still try regularly. Things change. No news that I am aware of, though. Hopefully you'll get Harvey Bullock and some cool costumes soon from the Gotham line, and the iZombie 2-pack samples are in.

On 7/12/2016 at 9:38 PM, TheKrisLyons said:

easiest pass ever. I've got to wonder which demographic dst  is going for here. even the most devoted fans of Kevin Smith aren't on board with this flick.

Given that it's only had a limited release with special screenings, I don't think we've seen the bulk of KS fandom's reaction to the movie, only a few critics. Rotten Tomatoes only has 23 critic reviews, but 78% of respondents WANT to see it, which sounds like people are on board.

It releases wide September 2, so I guess we'll see.

• 6 months later...