UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Game Of Thrones Minimates

would anyone be interested?

i love the show and it would be cool to have minimates based from the series.

You can have the characters from the popular houses:

-Stark

-Baratheon

-Targaryen

-Lannister

-Tyrell

They can even army build with the knights/soldiers from the different houses, the white walkers, the dothraki tribe and unsullied. you can even throw in miniature dragons (ala snarf or robo-bear for boxed sets).

Yeah, GoT has been brought up several times, but DST isn't pursuing the license. I think a question was even asked at the C2E2 panel this year. DST does have Minimates from 'Pathfinder' (the RPG, not the viking movie) coming sometime, so those might allow for some good GoT custom fodder.

It really is a shame as 'A Song of Ice and Fire' literally has a thousand different characters that could be 'mates. It's one of the few licenses out there that would never end. I'd even be happy with 'mates based on the books and not the HBO series. Probably a lot less of a licensing nightmare...

I've made many Thrones customs. I will upload a newer video at some point because the first video was too dark and I've made a bunch of this current season's characters.

Lockheed from Kitty Pryde works as a small dragon.

It could happen some day.

too bad. GoT is really doing well.

they can create lotsa variants for each characters, like Catelyn Stark with a Lady Stoneheart Variant hehe.

or Khaleesi Danaerys with Qarth Danaerys Variant. it can go on forever! biggrin.png

wookie: i'd love to see them! i was actually looking at my minimates and I saw Lili from Tekken, with her purple eyes and i automatically thought of Danaerys.

Edited by Earlyfrost

I think the content of the show is probably too "mature" for what DST still insists is primarily a children's line... although there's nothing on GOT that's any racier or gory then your average issue of Tarot, so who knows.

I think the content of the show is probably too "mature" for what DST still insists is primarily a children's line... although there's nothing on GOT that's any racier or gory then your average issue of Tarot, so who knows.

And let's not forget that they're doing Aliens. Which is not exactly a kid's movie.

And let's not forget that they're doing Aliens. Which is not exactly a kid's movie.

Plus, given some of the stuff that happens in Marvel and DC (Identity Crisis for example), Game of Thrones only has nudity to its name.

It really is a shame as 'A Song of Ice and Fire' literally has a thousand different characters that could be 'mates. It's one of the few licenses out there that would never end. I'd even be happy with 'mates based on the books and not the HBO series. Probably a lot less of a licensing nightmare...

There is also the comic series as a possible basis for licensing.

My most wanted box set would be:

Jon

Ghost

Sam (with raven)

Other/White Walker

Plus, given some of the stuff that happens in Marvel and DC (Identity Crisis for example), Game of Thrones only has nudity to its name.

Good, if depressing, in the case of the second, points.

HP I forgot that The Expendables were made for kids : / Edited by zakkatz

I'd be all over GoT 'mates and have two co-workers (who admire the ones I've got displayed on my desk) who've asked me if DST offers them. I know one would totally commit (got her hooked with Walking Dead) and could probably get her on the bandwagon as well.

Not sure why DST wouldn't pursue the property but it looks like they've got a pretty full plate as it is. GoT might not be the kind of property that would drive enough business toward the Minimates brand. I'd be up for some episode-themed 4-packs to get started, though.

I'd be all over GoT 'mates and have two co-workers (who admire the ones I've got displayed on my desk) who've asked me if DST offers them. I know one would totally commit (got her hooked with Walking Dead) and could probably get her on the bandwagon as well.

Not sure why DST wouldn't pursue the property but it looks like they've got a pretty full plate as it is. GoT might not be the kind of property that would drive enough business toward the Minimates brand. I'd be up for some episode-themed 4-packs to get started, though.

Do one based on every Episode 9 since something kickass seems to happen in all of them.

First Season:

Eddard Stark

Arya Stark

Daenerys Targarean

Khal Drogo

Season 2:

Tyrion Lannister

Stannis Baratheon

Joffrey Baratheon

Sansa Stark

Season 3 (Total guess based on the books)

Robb Stark

Catelyn Stark

Tywin Lannister

Walder Frey

Never seen Game of Thrones, so I'm going to vote no? Although I did have all the BSG mates before I watched that show.

If you watch it YOU would become obsessed with Daenerys

According to the latest Q&A, Diamond has backed off this property because Dark Horse swooped in and took some of the categories they were interested in. Maybe once DH is done offering playing cards, coasters, magnets, or whatever, DST can jump in to get banks, bottle openers, and Minimates.

Does Dark Horse still have the license for ALIENS comics? If so, I wonder how they feel about the upcoming Minimates...

I don't know about that, but NECA is doing action figures. Now, if only we could get some of NECA's other stuff as minimates (*coughArmyofDarkness*cough)