UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have to find another forum if people continually agree with me dry.png

Wave 16 Loki ( legs etc.) will make you a decent solid legg-ed Vision.

Well, I must disagree with you there (see what I did there? wink.png ) only a new vision will do!

Seriously though, I know you can make a pretty decent one with the wave 16 loki, and actually I do quite like the phasing look anyway. However, when you consider how many versions of some characters we have by now, a second version of an iconic avenger who's been around for about 40 years doesn't seem to be the worst update in the world.

I would welcome a new Vision & I guess that TRU would be the place to get him ......however........

LCS Marvel (2008) Wave 21:

The first versions we got of the Vision probably saved Wave 21 from being a wash-out ,yet the powers that be saw it fit to give us another Havok first......OK the new Havok is better but was the old so bad ? Ol' Hawkeye improves dramatically with a suitable head swap yet we've been given nothing mainstream since.

Prof. Hulk & Abomination are indeed....abominable Minimates whilst Polaris was.... what can I say(?) ....unattractive (unattractive....think about itrolleyes.gif )

What am I trying to say ? The wave with 2 Visions & a Hawkeye (2 Avengers) , a Hulk version , a Hulk villain .....& 2 X-men characters fell flat on its face . Nobody ever lists a Vision on their 'Want' list ,non-variant Visions sell for more than variants on ebay & I cant recall anybody begging for a Hawkeye because they can't find one . I like that original Hawkeye ,the Bullseye version is better but not that much & again it's more about his 'boat' than anything else .

I'd prefer new characters rather than token 'nouveaux' revamps. I'm just about Thored out ,ironed out , Spideyed & Hulked glare.gif

Edited by buttheadsmate

He's just so incredibly nice looking. I think it could translate well into mate form with all the new sculpting advances we've seen lately. Plus, he's just cool. I ended up digging puppet master pretty well, but he doesn't exactly fall into my book as evil wonderfulness in the same way as blackheart. If I can illogically wishlist with the rest of us, please give me a Carnage and Blackheart two pack. Pwease, Zach.sweat.gif

I would welcome a new Vision & I guess that TRU would be the place to get him ......however........

LCS Marvel (2008) Wave 21:

The first versions we got of the Vision probably saved Wave 21 from being a wash-out ,yet the powers that be saw it fit to give us another Havok first......OK the new Havok is better but was the old so bad ? Ol' Hawkeye improves dramatically with a suitable head swap yet we've been given nothing mainstream since.

Prof. Hulk & Abomination are indeed....abominable Minimates whilst Polaris was.... what can I say(?) ....unattractive (unattractive....think about itrolleyes.gif )

What am I trying to say ? The wave with 2 Visions & a Hawkeye (2 Avengers) , a Hulk version , a Hulk villain .....& 2 X-men characters fell flat on its face . Nobody ever lists a Vision on their 'Want' list ,non-variant Visions sell for more than variants on ebay & I cant recall anybody begging for a Hawkeye because they can't find one . I like that original Hawkeye ,the Bullseye version is better but not that much & again it's more about his 'boat' than anything else .

I'd prefer new characters rather than token 'nouveaux' revamps. I'm just about Thored out ,ironed out , Spideyed & Hulked glare.gif

I hope we'll still find you on the board tomorrow if I say I actually agree with you again! wink.png

Despite how it may sound I'm not particularly championing a new vision. As I said before there are a whole host of unmade avengers that I would MUCH rather see made. However, I am an avengers fan and as we know that TRU17 will contain 2 avengers updates I guess I'm just saying I can see a point to a new vision more than some other characters. Oh and I'm surprised you aren't wolverined out too!

This is very left field, friends, but...I was thinking..and why have we never received a blackheart mate?

Coincidentally, first appeared as a Daredevil villain.

I was just thinking that. It always comes back to Daredevil....

I really don't understand why people are talking about Blackheart as if he were on the same level as some of the more iconic unmade villains like Strucker, Blob, Wrecker, etc. He is an extremely minor character who has only appeared in a handful of stories, none of which are very memorable or important in the grand scheme of the Marvel Universe. I think people's opinions are skewed because he was in a video game, therefore he must be a major player. He's so low on the totem pole that even when he appeared in the Ghost Rider film, Marvel didn't put him back into circulation in the comics, and they ALWAYS try to do that whenever possible (William Stryker in X2). He would definitely look cool as hell as a Minimate, but he really doesn't belong in these types of discussions.

I really don't understand why people are talking about Blackheart as if he were on the same level as some of the more iconic unmade villains like Strucker, Blob, Wrecker, etc. He is an extremely minor character who has only appeared in a handful of stories, none of which are very memorable or important in the grand scheme of the Marvel Universe. I think people's opinions are skewed because he was in a video game, therefore he must be a major player. He's so low on the totem pole that even when he appeared in the Ghost Rider film, Marvel didn't put him back into circulation in the comics, and they ALWAYS try to do that whenever possible (William Stryker in X2). He would definitely look cool as hell as a Minimate, but he really doesn't belong in these types of discussions.

Well...I think it's just because he WOULD look cool as hell. As great as it is to see the more iconic villians as mates, "cool" toys sell pretty well and don't always have to be big players. He may not be as heavily pushed forward, but there's also the fact that he WAS in that video game(which is actually where I remembered him from, so you and I are completely on the same page. Literally and figuratively). I don't think all opinions are skewed in that way because discussion is discussion is discussion. Kids being the main expected crowd to be in a TRU aren't really going to always know that Blob and Wrecker ARE big movers and shakers in the Marvel Universe...but may be more apt to swing in the direction of "WOAH. COOL. PLEASE MOM.". Now in the same way, he IS NOT near the top list of "folks needing mates". He would just, well, look cool as hell. Full circle. I'm not pulling for a Blob, but I'd dig a Pyro and a Toad completely as far as brotherhood goes.

Blackheart is a main villain in the hellish, mystical side of the mu. Not as much as mephisto but still. Blob is essential to the Brotherhood but i doubt a 5 year old kid would buy him. "Look mom! An obese guy in a swimsuit! Please,please,please,pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". Blackheart on the other hand would be an ideal pairing for a new Johny Ghost Rider. If they did a brotherhood box set this is the lineup i'd like: pyro,avalanche, mystique, blob and a second set with destiny,toad, quicksilver and sabretooth or magneto or mastermind.

Edited by Kostisfire

We recently found a Captain America costume we haven't done yet. Needless to say, we're all very excited.

Any hints? I can't think of one other than the two that didn't win the TRU poll.

Nomad?

We recently found a Captain America costume we haven't done yet. Needless to say, we're all very excited.

Nazi Captain America!? Or icecube Captain America lol.

they actually made ice-cube Captain America