UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

I am not a fan of the modern figures. Considering we've already had what I thought people considered near perfect versions of both Hawkeye and Strange (Disney and Defenders/Strange Tales), I really hope neither of those are the updates.

I totally agree. In fact, I wouldn't call them "highly requested" updates, I'm happy with what we recently got.

I'd much prefer 2 all new Avengers, but for updates, Quicksilver is at the top for needs, as is Vision.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah when Zach first said 2 avengers updates I was hoping for vision and wasp, but it doesn't sound like vision is likely now. Seems like it will be 2 out of wasp, panther and quicksilver probably - although wonder man could use it too, especially he updated to his first appearance costume! smile.png

Overall this sounds an exciting wave though. I'm pretty stumped by the 2 new iron man characters that presumably don't therefore include iron man that are mass market. Also curious to know if the friend and foes of spidey are new characters or redos. I'm hoping for new though an updated mary jane would be nice too.

Didn't Zach say at some point they would be more likely to hit the current/modern costumes for redos than updates of classic costumes? I.e., "redo" being more that it's a character that's been done before vs. a brand new character.

Edited by Lobsterman

I'm not quite sure why a new Vision is necessary ....not too much wrong with the other two IMHO . The current Pietro's face looks dated but does that warrant a new minimate ? Not in my book. I've always yearned for a green Pietro & I'll happily wait for that one when we get the 'Brotherhood' box set .

Winged minimates sell well thumbsup.gif

I'm not quite sure why a new Vision is necessary ....not too much wrong with the other two IMHO . The current Pietro's face looks dated but does that warrant a new minimate ? Not in my book. I've always yearned for a green Pietro & I'll happily wait for that one when we get the 'Brotherhood' box set .

I agree, it just seems like Vision's name comes up a lot, so he fits the "most requested" criteria, even if the mate itself still holds up. Wasp would be great, since she has so many looks anyway.

Quicksilver - yeah, I'd love to see him in his Brotherhood look. Maybe that can be the variant to keep a slot available to another character in a Brotherhood 4-pack?

The Visions we have are two different characters:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Vision_%28Earth-616%29

http://marvel.wikia.com/Vision_%28Jonas%29_%28Earth-616%29

Something I didn't know when they first came out, and why I had to track 2.0 down later, as I wasn't a completist back then (also why I didn't get the Bearded Thor variant or Raft Sentry or DoFP Wolverine either - at least I've since corrected one of those). blush.png

Hopefully, one day, we'll get the rest of Jonas' teammates.

How about a mixed wave with them:

detail.jpg

641309.jpg

Each 2-pack could have one member from one team, and one from the other?

biggrin.png

I'd say that, if the Vision isn't considered that high-profile, then Quicksilver has little chance of being in this wave. My two cents. But I definitely think Vision needs an update, if only because the original has translucent limbs.

I mainly agree about vision tbh and would much rather have some of the unmade avengers than a redo any day. However, if we are talking worthwhile redos then a vision with all solid limbs would be good.

And actually I'm quite happy with the current quicksilver but agree that a green one would be nice.

Of all the current avengers we have, probably wasp is the one that would most justify a new figure imo, not because the one we have isn't great but just because the "look" is very much from her earliest appearances. However, I'd happily just stick with her rather than an updated one to get some of the female avengers we don't have at all, eg mantis, moondragon, mockingbird - in fact it seems anyone that starts with "m" - sounds a great theme for a wave or boxset lol.

Id love Young Avengers minimates, but not the new crappy ones, I want the Heinberg/Cheung Young Avengers, not the Gillen/Mckelvie crap series

while I don't hate the Gillen's Young Avengers, I would prefer the orignal Team for Patriot, Cassie, and Iron Lad.

Why not both? :D

Id love Young Avengers minimates, but not the new crappy ones, I want the Heinberg/Cheung Young Avengers, not the Gillen/Mckelvie crap series

while I don't hate the Gillen's Young Avengers, I would prefer the orignal Team for Patriot, Cassie, and Iron Lad.

Why not both? :D

I guess with Patriot/Hawkeye, Wiccan/Hulkling, Iron Lad/Cassie, Speed/America Chavez? That only leaves out Noh Var, KidLoki, and the people who are gonna be introduced next issue.

I personally think Gillen has basically destroyed Hawkeyes character, that could just be me...but thats the way I see it, I still love Hulkling and Wiccan and even Kid-Loki, but the book itself does nothing for me

I may have to find another forum if people continually agree with me dry.png

Wave 16 Loki ( legs etc.) will make you a decent solid legg-ed Vision.

Don't worry, I'll always be around to disagree. I've felt especially snarky recently so know that I'll oppose pretty much everything you say.

Vision needs an update because:

A ) He's phasing. Yes, you can always switch parts with some other figure, but that's not something easily done for casual collectors.

B ) He's outdated. DST makes almost every redo look leaps and bounds better than the original and Vision definitely looks like he was designed in one of the earlier waves.

C ) He needs a white variant. As a player of the old coin-op Avengers arcade game, Vision looks way cooler when he's all white.

D ) He needs an update because bhm doesn't think he needs one.

I think those are good enough reasons to expect one in the next year or two.

Edited by groundhog7s

I personally think Gillen has basically destroyed Hawkeyes character, that could just be me...but thats the way I see it, I still love Hulkling and Wiccan and even Kid-Loki, but the book itself does nothing for me

She's only been in like 1.5 issues, so I don't really see that. Besides, there's always Fraction's Hawkeye in which Kate is flippin awesome.

I may have to find another forum if people continually agree with me dry.png

Wave 16 Loki ( legs etc.) will make you a decent solid legg-ed Vision.

Don't worry, I'll always be around to disagree. I've felt especially snarky recently so know that I'll oppose pretty much everything you say.

Vision needs an update because:

A ) He's phasing. Yes, you can always switch parts with some other figure, but that's not something easily done for casual collectors.

B ) He's outdated. DST makes almost every redo look leaps and bounds better than the original and Vision definitely looks like he was designed in one of the earlier waves.

C ) He needs a white variant. As a player of the old coin-op Avengers arcade game, Vision looks way cooler when he's all white.

D ) He needs an update because bhm doesn't think he needs one.

I think those are good enough reasons to expect one in the next year or two.

White Vision would fit in great with a West Coast Avengers themed wave. Just sayin'. ;)

She's only been in like 1.5 issues, so I don't really see that. Besides, there's always Fraction's Hawkeye in which Kate is flippin awesome.

Yes, Fraction has taken Kate and kept her being awesome, where when Gillen briefly used her, he didnt try to write her at all

I wouldn't mind a solid vision I know you can make a decent one with parts swapping but I would like a proper one at some point. Also with minimates getting better paint and detailing as time as passed I coulds see a new Vision being kinda shiny looking like the IM minimates.