UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

Interesting that Pepper Potts is being referred to as 'Rescue Armor Iron Man'.

I'm guessing this is purely to make the best sales impact possible, as Iron Man will be recognised by more kids than Rescue will.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll pass the Nova/Venom pack 'cause I've really had my share of Venoms. I don't need a purple one. But boy... do I want that Hawkeye and Black Widow pack!

What's with the "Marvel's Hawkeye" and "Marvel's Nova"? I haven't noticed on the previous releases if they're labeled that way also.

I think that just started with Onslaught. Hasbro has been doing this already for any character that has conflicting trademark for an existing toy out there. For Hawkeye I think Spinmaster makes an RC helicopter by the same name.

I think it's more a proportion problem and that her face is too large than a problem with the hair. I'm hoping one of the movie heads will work a little better.

And I'm hoping that there is a delay before these are released. As awesome as these look, wave 16 still hasn't hit locally.

Edited by Turtle

I'm guessing this is purely to make the best sales impact possible, as Iron Man will be recognised by more kids than Rescue will.

I was wondering about that too. I seem to remember Zach saying that they couldn't count Steve Rogers in his Super Solider costume as a Captain America variant because they couldn't call him "Captain America" on the package. I guess Pepper in the Rescue Armor could technically be called Iron Man, but it feels like a bit of a stretch. If I was a kid thinking I was getting Iron Man and there was a woman's face underneath the mask I'd be disappointed.

I was wondering about that too. I seem to remember Zach saying that they couldn't count Steve Rogers in his Super Solider costume as a Captain America variant because they couldn't call him "Captain America" on the package. I guess Pepper in the Rescue Armor could technically be called Iron Man, but it feels like a bit of a stretch. If I was a kid thinking I was getting Iron Man and there was a woman's face underneath the mask I'd be disappointed.

Samus Aran flashback!

If I saw a female head in Rescue as a kid, I'd say its Tony Stark's sister, Trisha Stark lol.

Wouldn't she just be...Toni Stark? laugh.png

Gawd, that's such an ugly name, lol

That’s fitting because she has an ugly character design http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8D0zc4uJxNQ/T_Y0iBctmII/AAAAAAAAGBw/cY-8vGqS7yI/s1600/Marvel+Mangaverse414.jpg

Yeah, definitely. From the way wave 16 was described on the site vs this wave ("Marvel Minimates Assortment" vs "Marvel Minimates Wave 17"), and the shared item number, it's almost like wave 16 got treated like a space filler or refresh assortment rather than an actual new wave. I heard several times from a couple stores that the old item number had been discontinued and wouldn't be stocked, so maybe it only got "refreshed" at some stores.

OMG TRU you suck badly. I ordered the series 17 wave from the .com store and everything but one item I added in for my son got cancelled. I am now paying more in shipping and taxes for a Matchbox truck than I am for the actual truck and I get no Minimates. I've really had it with TRU.

OMG TRU you suck badly. I ordered the series 17 wave from the .com store and everything but one item I added in for my son got cancelled. I am now paying more in shipping and taxes for a Matchbox truck than I am for the actual truck and I get no Minimates. I've really had it with TRU.

They didn't refund the tax and shipping costs?