UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

MM, I would bet if you contact customer service and explain it, they can either add it to your previous order or ship it for free.

Too late now as it's sold out.

Also, I don't have the weekday time with my new job to watch their website like crazy for when they get offered again. I'll just get them from Luke.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up this set and it was the best one I bought so far the paint and detailing was good no paint chips and no stiff joints and all the mask perfect they weren't too tight or too loose and some came with cool accessories I still can't get over how awesome this set is lol

Found these yesterday, only got Spider/Electro since I ordered the rest on-line... saw some people already camping out for black friday which made me sad since it’s been cold outside (granted California cold, which I’m sure most of you in states with real winters call “mild” so me calling it cold is ridiculous)

My Electro broke at the knee, but eh, he just needs to stand on his base, next to a Human Torch with no fire hair they make a lovely set.

None of the Widows I saw had the cleavage windows painted right, most were Black Cat-fading and some had outright nicks and scrapes so the black was visible through it, I was going to buy the best one I saw in case the one I ordered from TRU wasn’t very good so I could return the worse one, but none of the ones I saw looked to be ‘good enough’ I’d be happy with it as the high bar.

My aunt ordered the Widow/Hawkeye set from TRU.com, now to wait...

Well Gambitron, looks like Utah stores may have missed out on wave 16... I just found 17 in Layton.. But i never did see 16 anywhere. I got to the point that all i wanted was the New 52 Iron Man.. But i just cant justify the shipping when it should have shown up locally.

My order of these arrived this morning. It appears I lucked out with my SpOck, as his eyes are lined up perfectly. The add on pieces on Venom were really stuck, so I had to do the freezer trick. I think Haweye's probably my favorite of the wave. His look just adapted really well to mate form.

TRUWave17.jpg

In the picture above ........

I can see the problem but I just can't figure why they would have two 'hits' at the red .......I haven't got one in hand but it looks like the red 'webbing' was printed separately from the red 'eyes' ......unless it was decided that the red 'eyes' needed to be printed onto a white base to give it more colour definition . Printing red onto a black surface is a bastard in most of the printing techniques I'm au fait with .

post-638-0-63294300-1385392250_thumb.jpg If you look at Ivan's pic you'll see that in this particular instance the black webbing is printed first.... then the white 'eyes'.... then the black outlines of the eyes on top of them . If you look closely you can see the black webbing ghosting its way through from beneath. I think (I'm not sure) that this method (2 tampo runs of the same colour) was again used ,this time to register in the grey eye-outlines* .

* I am seeing grey there ?

In a nutshell the eyes can only be out of place with the webbing IF they have been printed in two hits. Two hits seems like a lot of work just to get it....er....wrong. Sorry guys profess.gif

I might be wrong Dunno.gif

Edit : Once you start looking for this ....as I have subsequently have.....you begin to see the scale of the problem .....

post-638-0-02410600-1385393385_thumb.jpg

Wow !!

Edited by buttheadsmate

Wow. You guys have taught me a new way to look at Spidey's faces. I'm almost afraid to go look through my older Spideys now, I'm sure there's bound to be some misprints in my collection. I've been looking closely at the TRU SpOck's and have yet to see the error print either, or I'm just oblivious. It's still a great figure and I had to get two.

I complained about this over a year ago:

I've been focusing my obsessive-compulsive habit on buying the few properly tampo'd Ultimate Spidey's from that wave that I have found in-store. Most full cases I have seen have only 1 or 2 of the 4 packs with correctly aligned mask tampos. The quickest way to tell is by looking at the alignment of the three vertical weblines between the eyes.

miles-morales-minimate1.jpg

EDIT: Here's a great example of most of the Ultimate Spidey's I have seen in store:

8cf7d888158f11e2a04e123138141145_7.jpg

Sorry to hijack the WD thread with Spider-man. blink.gif

Is Zombie Shakespeare's reply still the case? huh.png

Wow. That's an impressive display of nit-pickery.

YB, I stand by my assessment based on that picture of Ultimate Spider-Man, but the picture of Movie Spidey that BHM posted is incredibly atrocious. (Although it is a battle-damaged figure, so you could say that Spidey's mask just got all kinds of screwed up in the sewer)

Edited by Zombie Shakespeare

Found them today (Finally. I might as well just cancel that stupid online order cause of how inept TRU.com is, which should have shipped by now, for goodness sakes, its been 6 days)

So I made some adjustments (I didn't really like Widows Hair, and I just couldn't let myself enjoy Hawkeye's face, cause it seemed... short, lol. Plus his hair seemed like a wig 2 sizes too big.) I really liked Superior Spidey/Robo Hulk a ton though, and I feel this wave was really well done, all in all. So i gave him Wesker's face and Champions Widow hair.

4fdf971b-8e23-4def-bf56-e12d0df87385_zpscf77d9c8-952b-4cc5-bc59-aa8b1193c510_zps

Edited by Zexion_Armando