UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Loeb died in 2006, Im sure his death still affects his father (as it should, it was his son) but I dont think its fair to chalk every decision hes made since then as directly influenced by this. I'd say only Sam Alexander's first name is taken from Loeb's son, hes pretty much entirely different after that.

Edited by undeadpool

I thought he took the last hame from his son's name too, not that it matters much. It seems like they pushed that background quite a bit when they announced the book so it stood out to me, maybe out of line with the influence it actually had on the story. I still think it's a little odd though.

Plus marvel wants to distance themselves from Richard Ryder at any turn.

Why do you say that?

since the Thanos Imperative, Richard has been largely forgotten and ignored, from what it seems is editorial mandate.

He was replaced as the main Nova in every media appearance, in favor of Sam (with his ongoing, consistent character in Spidey's show, video games, etc)

Rich is rarely if ever mentioned by anyone, even those who were with him when he died (Peter Quill and Thanos, alongside Gamora) and talking about the cancerverse

Other than vague hints, we might not be seing Rich for at least another 6 months

No I get that, I'm curious as to why you think they're doing it. You're post made it seem they have an adverse agenda to Richard.

Why do you say that?

since the Thanos Imperative, Richard has been largely forgotten and ignored, from what it seems is editorial mandate.

He was replaced as the main Nova in every media appearance, in favor of Sam (with his ongoing, consistent character in Spidey's show, video games, etc)

Rich is rarely if ever mentioned by anyone, even those who were with him when he died (Peter Quill and Thanos, alongside Gamora) and talking about the cancerverse

Other than vague hints, we might not be seing Rich for at least another 6 months

No I get that, I'm curious as to why you think they're doing it. You're post made it seem they have an adverse agenda to Richard.

Oh. Not sure why, the name? lol I don't see any reason.

Even Ms Marvel, whos name is being loaned out to a new character, still has her identity in some way.

Why do you say that?

Oh. Not sure why, the name? lol I don't see any reason.

Even Ms Marvel, whos name is being loaned out to a new character, still has her identity in some way.

Haha fair enough, just don't like to miss out on strange conspiracy theories. Was kind of hoping for a substantiated Gambit to Antarctica thing again haha.

Loeb's son has been memorialized in numerous ways since his passing, including a tribute issue of Superman/Batman. I wouldn't avoid the book because of that reason, or out of some sense of loyalty to Richard Ryder. This is comics, I'm sure he'll be back.

Tell that to Ben Reilly my friend...

Haha fair enough, just don't like to miss out on strange conspiracy theories. Was kind of hoping for a substantiated Gambit to Antarctica thing again haha.

at the risk of driving this thread *even further* off topic..... 'Gambit to Antarctica' conspiracy theory?

Richard Rider will definitely be back, I just know it, and I dont think Sam's book is in anyway trying to rid Rider's importance, just as Kyle Rayner or Jon Stewart didnt detract from Hal Jordan

but if you HAVE to choose between GOTG and Nova, go with GOTG

I wouldn't get the Spidey set from TRU.com. I found the wave locally (Memphis, TN- Winchester store) yesterday, and all but one of the Spidey sets had pretty botched faces- the eyes just weren't lined with the mask. I'm pretty glad Venom came with two crotch pieces. One of the hip pegs broke off pretty quickly, and it would have been a pain trying to color match. Widow's hair just really doesn't work for me. I had an extra Avengers Widow, so I swapped that hair, and it looks much better. Otherwise, this is a pretty neat wave. (Aside: Now that we have two Superior Spideys, I'm reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyy hoping in the next Spidey wave we get Spider Minions as the army builders packed with blue Peter and Anna Maria Marconi.)

I was about to place my order through I-Parcel (international shipping), when I noticed my grand total was £0.64.

This has happened to me (when I've managed to get that far) on the last 3 TRU release.

I've contacted TRU and iParcel about this many times, but they have done nothing about it.

So this time, I thought F@#k it and pulled the trigger.

Either I get my order... or I don't.

Worst case scenario, I just waisted 64p.

With TRU's track record for screwing things up, I'm fully expecting these to arrive as ordered. ;)