UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sets I ordered arrived earlier this week. One of the two Superior Spider-Man sets I ordered came w/a wonky face tampo which is ok since I planned on displaying the second w/Peter's head. Like everyone else has mentioned, Mecha Hulk is a real surprise. I did not expect to like it as much as a do. Kudos to DST for you ingenuity. As a fan of Matt Fraction's run on Invincible Iron Man, Rescue is by far my favorite of the group, followed by Superior Spider-Man. With the exception of Ultimate Electro, this may be one of my favorite TRU waves. Each pack is pretty solid as as quality & character choice.

Have Hawkguy and Spock so far but only opened the Spock pack so far. Superior Spidey came out very well, and his eyes are fine. Love the series and was really looking forward to that one. Electro.. wow. Not that familiar with Ultimate Electro but looks like modern comic/ Ultimate Spiderman cartoon version. He's just awesome, so well done the way he was executed. Really a standout figure in my opinion.

Are the small clear blue electric whips/bolts mean to be in Ultimate Electros hands? Or do they go on the base and I just don't see where?

I think they're supposed to be in his hands, to emulate the electricity bolts. Think of them as the new version of the wave 29 lightning bolts.

Edited by Kostisfire

So fun to see who people like and don't like in an assortment.

Just curious, were you expecting different reactions? And if so, what were they? For me, the least enjoyable is the Venom/Nova pack, since it's so incredibly similar to what we already have, and I really like that it was chosen as the 2/case TRU exclusive. But I do like that at least the helmet is a different color and we get a new head. But boy am I tempted to army-build those Robot Hulks. So maybe their limitedness is a way to save me from spending too much ;)

I always expect everyone to love every figure we make, but I like that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

With the exception of Ultimate Electro, this may be one of my favorite TRU waves. Each pack is pretty solid as as quality & character choice.

Electro.. wow. Not that familiar with Ultimate Electro but looks like modern comic/ Ultimate Spiderman cartoon version. He's just awesome, so well done the way he was executed. Really a standout figure in my opinion.

Edited by DSTZach

I always expect everyone to love every figure we make, but I like that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

With the exception of Ultimate Electro, this may be one of my favorite TRU waves. Each pack is pretty solid as as quality & character choice.

>

Electro.. wow. Not that familiar with Ultimate Electro but looks like modern comic/ Ultimate Spiderman cartoon version. He's just awesome, so well done the way he was executed. Really a standout figure in my opinion.

To clarify, the Ultimate Electro is not a bad mate. It just happens to be a character I do not care for. Hence it's my least favorite in the group.

I don't have a personal investment in it or anything, you can love or hate whatever Minimates you want. I just thought it was funny some people were in awe of Ultimate Electro, and some liked every figure but him.

But yeah, considering he could pass for Iceman, modern 616 Electro, animated Electro, astral form Professor Xavier or even a particularly watery Hydro-Man, there's no reason to let the character of Ultimate Electro keep you from liking the figure.

I wouldn't go up against that guy in a p*ssing contest ........

attachicon.giffig1824l2lg.jpg

With apologies to the MMDB.

For the real fan of this pack .....this could be the ebay auction for you ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-8-Marvel-Minimates-TRU-Series-17-Spider-Man-Ultimate-Electro-NEW-/190990044437?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c77e4cd15

makes me think of ghost busters and dont cross the streams :)

Thanks for the heads up on the BOGO 50% off, fwoosheyman.

Got a Captain Stacy ASM set w/ vigilante Spiderman / 1st appearance Thor w/ Baldur set for $10.47.

Also got a Doom / Wexler set on clearance for $2.48 (!)

I have three extra Superior Spideys with the eyes angled just right. One is a bit off, I can take pics and post it here if anyone is interested.