UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

I wouldn't get the Spidey set from TRU.com. I found the wave locally (Memphis, TN- Winchester store) yesterday, and all but one of the Spidey sets had pretty botched faces- the eyes just weren't lined with the mask. I'm pretty glad Venom came with two crotch pieces. One of the hip pegs broke off pretty quickly, and it would have been a pain trying to color match. Widow's hair just really doesn't work for me. I had an extra Avengers Widow, so I swapped that hair, and it looks much better. Otherwise, this is a pretty neat wave. (Aside: Now that we have two Superior Spideys, I'm reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyy hoping in the next Spidey wave we get Spider Minions as the army builders packed with blue Peter and Anna Maria Marconi.)

Anyone elses Venom hip pegs break? I want to know if this is a general defect Just a qc concern before ordering. Thanks

Edited by thatblockoguy

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, went to TRU, didn't see them, decided just to order them online (Why is the shipping so silly?)

They have gone to flat rate shipping shipping system. I think it is under $75 purchase is $7.99, over $75 is free shipping. Kind of blows in my opinion as I am not paying $8 for small purchases. It has already cost them business from me, I changed my mind on something last week when I saw $7.99 for a $5 item.

Thatblockoguy, Venom's I-crotch didn't seem any more susceptible to breakage than you occasionally encounter, so I wouldn't expect that to occur any more than normal. And thankfully he also comes with the t-crotch for the alternate look, so it wasn't really even a problem.

If you're ordering online, there are two things to consider:

1) Use code SAVE15 to take 15% off all regularly priced items

2) If you have a Shop Runner account, you can get free shipping. If they had advertised the 30 day free trial before I checked out, I might have done that first to save the nearly $8 shipping charge.

The last time I went on a Toys-R-Us multi-store Minimate hunt ended up in a $120 speeding ticket for doing 35mph in a 20mph zone, so $8 shipping is looking much more appealing to me...

To add salt to the wound, it was an automated traffic camera, so I didn't even find out about the ticket until a week later.

Go *&^% yourself, Toledo, OH. down.gif

Edited by youbastards

For a company/store with as many issues as TRU has I have to give their customer service props. I just called, told them I had the Superior Spidey/Electro set in my cart, that it was kicked out during the transaction and now is back in stock. They waved the shipping and placed the order over the phone.

So taking the gamble that I get a decent face tampo and maybe my store will get them to swap... though TRU around the holidays in a one TRU city... ugh... might not be worth the effort.

If you're ordering online, there are two things to consider:

1) Use code SAVE15 to take 15% off all regularly priced items

2) If you have a Shop Runner account, you can get free shipping. If they had advertised the 30 day free trial before I checked out, I might have done that first to save the nearly $8 shipping charge.

Does Shoprunner work for them? Every time I have tried to use it, usually on a newer item, the item is not available for Shoprunner yet.

The last time I went on a Toys-R-Us multi-store Minimate hunt ended up in a $120 speeding ticket for doing 35mph in a 20mph zone, so $8 shipping is looking much more appealing to me...

To add salt to the wound, it was an automated traffic camera, so I didn't even find out about the ticket until a week later.

Go *&^% yourself, Toledo, OH. down.gif

I'm from Toledo.