UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

Zexion, they did reduce the taxes and the shipping is really about the same. What I was not clear on is that the item I am being shipped is a Matchbox police car (for my 2 year old son) that I got as an add-on item. The purpose of my order was to get Marvel Wave 17.

My order consisted of 1 each of the Marvel Wave 17 2-packs and one Matchbox die-cast (since I was ordering anyway). My cancellation order was for all of the Marvel Minimates. I then got a shipping confirmation for the Matchbox car with tax and shipping. Its not that I didn't want the car, but more about my frustration with TRU.com. Why put items for sale on your website if you don't have them? Some of the items cancelled are still available for sale on the site as I write this. BS...

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I only went ahead and ordered wave 17 from TRU.com because I am one of those who live in an area where Wave 16 has not shown up. The TRU exclusives usually make it to my area, but its been quite a while and they have shown up in other areas, so I am getting a little impatient. My fear is that wave 16 will never get stocked in my area and by the time I surrender and buy elsewhere, the set will be going for premium 3rd party prices.

A little update, it hasn't happened yet, but it looks like TRU might eat shipping on this deal considering the circumstances. At first, they basically told me too bad, so sad, but it looks like they might only be charging me tax and taking off the shipping. We'll see.

I suggested they by-pass the "test case" scenario and stock these things like a normal retailer. Deaf ears...

• 2 weeks later...

If our carefully observed and documented records of TRU release schedules based on time of year, appearance of samples on the website, and packaged shot photos are accurate, it should be some time between next week and April 2014.

Unless you factor in the recent sightings of Street Fighter X Tekken. That could add another 12 – 18 months, I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Found them in PA this morning. Case Breakdown is:

4x Superior/Electro

4x Hawkeye/Black Widow

2x Rescue/Robot Hulk

2x Sam Nova/Venom

Never though they'd short pack the Rescue/Robot Hulk. Yea, I know its not really Iron Man and Hulk but its an "Iron Man/Hulk" two pack to casual buyers/parents.

I'll post pics later today.

Yeah, also found them in PA today. Still haven't seen 16 yet. So weird. FYI, Spidey's face tampos were really bad. Like his eyes are in his nose bad. I probably wouldn't have bought that set today, but I bought the only decent one I saw.

The same thing happened to my 51 spidey. Out of the 4 i have, only one has the right tampo. The rest have his eys printed way too low and on top of his nose.

What time is it? Why it's picture time!!

Superior Spiderman/Ultimate Electro: Awesome set. The updated SS is excellent and the douchebag Peter head just oozes evil. I'll need to repaint a set of legs from the Marvel Universe Iron Spiderman and add it.

SDC11579_zps9bb9dd2f.jpg

SDC11581_zpsc58c2ccc.jpg

SDC11561_zpsfab7e39f.jpg

Nova/Venom: I'll be honest, I despise Sam. He's a horrible character and there's only one reason I bought this pack.....the blue blast effect to be part of an updated Hyrdoman. The Jesse head might be the weirdest facial expression ever. It's just weird and creepy. The gold helmet is a nice surprise. Venom is the same as previous releases just in a purple/black color. The Spidey is nice but the shades of "purple" are all over the place and he's got a hole in his head.

SDC11565_zps73586719.jpg

SDC11566_zps031c2003.jpg

SDC11582_zps67ebdd77.jpg

SDC11583_zps2eca916f.jpg

Hawkeye/Black Widow: Widow is a nice update and the "Aurora" hairpiece actually looks good if you don't push it down all the way on her head. Hawkeye looks like he can barely move with all the gear. Decals for some of the gear would have been better.

SDC11562_zps6ed6cf5f.jpg

SDC11564_zps74eda9f4.jpg

Rescue/Robot Hulk: Rescue is great except for the boots. DST chose the biggest Iron Man boots they could find and it looks like Pepper got her armor from KISS. Thankfully, there are so many other Iron Man boots or just plain metallic red feet to swap out. The Pepper face and yellow blast effect look really nice. Robot Hulk is awesome as well. The only negative is the chest armor limits the arm movement. Maybe I'll get brave one day and cut part of it off.

SDC11575_zpscddf94ca.jpg

SDC11573_zps314a97f1.jpg

SDC11572_zps90423a98.jpg

SDC11576_zps65d6c877.jpg

SDC11578_zpsc403ebe9.jpg

Overall, for a bunch of redos/variants it's a very good wave. Not a horrible figure in the bunch. Lots of accessories/parts so you get a lot for your money. I did notice as well the Superior Spiderman eyes on some are completely off center, I mean really bad. Almost forgot one last picture.......

HULK HANDS!!!

SDC11577_zps1bb2613e.jpg

Edited by fwoosheyman