UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Superior and this is one hell of a figure! The only thing that bugs me is that he has neither his backpack with his spider legs, nor his gauntlet-like things. Since wave 17 didn't require much toolling this could be an opportunity to get all these crazy accessories. Come to think of it, Spidey never gets any accessories besides that web. No new hands, no new weblines, nothing.

I love Superior and this is one hell of a figure! The only thing that bugs me is that he has neither his backpack with his spider legs, nor his gauntlet-like things. Since wave 17 didn't require much toolling this could be an opportunity to get all these crazy accessories. Come to think of it, Spidey never gets any accessories besides that web. No new hands, no new weblines, nothing.

Give him all of those crazy accessories and TRU 17 suddenly needs a lot of new tooling. laugh.png

And Spidey has had other accessories in the past:

acc0217_lg.jpg

acc0276_lg.jpg

acc0253_lg.jpg

Hail Ivan!

Give him all of those crazy accessories and TRU 17 suddenly needs a lot of new tooling. laugh.png

Then why put him in TRU 17 rather than somewhere else where the tooling would be a possibility? I can see leaving out the backpack and legs, but the gauntlets appear in every picture I can find of the costume so they seem like a major detail to leave out. I personally don't care much because I'm not interested in the character/costume (though the backpack and legs probably would have sold me on it), but if I was a big fan of Superior Spider-Man I'd think it was a pretty big deal.

Maybe we designed it before we had a full grasp on how the constantly-evolving costume would end up looking?

Maybe we wanted a Spider-Man for this assortment, so we just executed the most recent costume as best we could?

Or maybe we just used this picture, where they aren't obvious? In some pics, even when they're visible, the metal is almost black.

comics-superior-spider-man-14-teaser-art

Marvel approved the design, so clearly they aren't a requisite part of the costume.

I'll probably buy two and mod the other one. I like having an unmodded figure and a "correct" one so to speak. But yeah, i can see what you're saying. The full costume appeared on the cover of issue 16 for the first time which was revealed around May (?) i think.

Maybe we designed it before we had a full grasp on how the constantly-evolving costume would end up looking?

Maybe we wanted a Spider-Man for this assortment, so we just executed the most recent costume as best we could?

Or maybe we just used this picture, where they aren't obvious? In some pics, even when they're visible, the metal is almost black.

comics-superior-spider-man-14-teaser-art

Marvel approved the design, so clearly they aren't a requisite part of the costume.

When are we getting army builders of the 'Spider-Minion'? Edited by Pete

Spider-Minions would be an awesome army builder.

Hope we can get a remade Spidey 2099 soon as well.

YES! And they could do a re-made Ben Scarlet with Spider Minions and make the Kane Scarlet the chase figure. With that awesome, awesome series coming to an end we need something to help soften the blow wink.png