UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the last black cat still holds up really well for both modern and semi-classic

I agree. She really hasn't changed much costume-wise. Bring on some new blood.

i haven't bothered to pick up a Carnage yet... i know as soon as i do they'll just remake him. so yeah i'd be down for a new Carnage for sure.

They can't remake him whistling.gif

Compared to the Minimates we are blessed with these days ol' Carnage is a trifle dated ....as a pure Minimate he is only rivalled by Black Spidey.

IMHO.

I yearn for a new Carnage .

Pete, on 21 May 2013 - 05:27, said:

We don't need another Black Cat, we've had 2 too many already.

He said, just before TM2 lunged at him across the forum with a fist full of particularly sharp transformers as his only weapons...

I, too, would like to see a new, accessorized, Carnage. And, a possible way for the to get past the significant issue of red and black all over, might be to marble the plastic with red and black. Somewhat like what the Halo Mega Bloks "camouflage" pieces look like:

MegaHaloSteelSpartan2.jpg

If DST could pull this off for all the parts, I think that would be awesome. Reuse some of the venom parts and throw in a Cassidy head. One solid figure!

Edited by Onyx_6

They can't make Carnage because he would cost to much to tool and tampo all over his body :( but I'm not sure who wouldn't want him.

Spider friend - firestar or black cat

Ironman - madame masque

Avengers - wasp or black panther

But seriously no xmen?

I guess its because the Outback wave was rather recent, plus we get a few X-mates here and there with Wave 50/Tru 16 or whatever.

plus the Wolverine Movie wave.

Edited by Zexion_Armando

Spider friend - firestar or black cat

Ironman - madame masque

Avengers - wasp or black panther

But seriously no xmen?

I am all for a new Firestar! But would love for the Avengers pairing to be Black Knight & Crystal, or Tigra & Falcon. No X-Men pairing? I for one would love a Storm in the Jim Lee X-Uniform and a Banshee in the same uniform. Then I could buy multiple sets and finally get a good version of the team.

Crystal & Tigra are high up on my Avengers want list, but did Zach specify that these were going to be much requested re-do's of Avengers characters?

I think the last black cat still holds up really well for both modern and semi-classic

The design on the last one holds up great, just the mismatched paint job kind of wrecks the mate for some of us. One of those rare cases where I'd be happy to get an "update" because of production quality, not outdatedness. But I'm excited whatever it is, any Spidey is good Spidey.

And I'm hoping Rescue for the Iron Man set. She's been requested, I don't know about "highly"...

Crystal & Tigra are high up on my Avengers want list, but did Zach specify that these were going to be much requested re-do's of Avengers characters?

yup, check page 2, Zach dropped specific hints for each set

yup, check page 2, Zach dropped specific hints for each set

DANG IT. I totally glossed over that. Hmm in that case I'd say it was Captain Marvel (either Genis or Carol) and Luke since then we would have almost all of the Avengers Forever lineup (excluding Hawkeye as Golith and Jan in her black and yellow costume).

not sure if this was asked before, but im curious if it's TRU who come up with the list of characters they want for a particular wave?

or do they trust dst with the character selection?

like for movie minimates for example, do they tell dst the characters they want?

Aren't the best selling in store TRU mates always the big names like Spider-Man and Iron Man ? I would guess TRU always wants Spider-Man in every wave.

not sure if this was asked before, but im curious if it's TRU who come up with the list of characters they want for a particular wave?

like for movie minimates for example, do they tell dst the characters they want?

For the comics waves at least, they don't particularly care who DST chooses, which is why you see more out-there choices and box set complimenting sets going to TRU rather then comics shops. DST actually has to be much more careful in whom they choose to put into an LCBS wave, because retailers just won't order it if they don't think it will sell through.

Right now, half the wave will be Spidey. One Spidey, one friend of Spidey, two foes of Spidey.

One set is Iron Man related. Two new characters. One highly requested.

One set is Avengers related. Two highly requested updates.

Subject to change, but exciting stuff if it goes forward.

Oh maw gaw-!

Right now, half the wave will be Spidey. One Spidey, one friend of Spidey, two foes of Spidey.

One set is Iron Man related. Two new characters. One highly requested.

One set is Avengers related. Two highly requested updates.

Subject to change, but exciting stuff if it goes forward.

So excited!

For the comics waves at least, they don't particularly care who DST chooses, which is why you see more out-there choices and box set complimenting sets going to TRU rather then comics shops. DST actually has to be much more careful in whom they choose to put into an LCBS wave, because retailers just won't order it if they don't think it will sell through.

We are finding that we have to be careful for both. Even short-packed TRU sets have the potential to linger, so we try to make each TRU set as mass- or kid-friendly as possible, and a specific theme might hamper that goal.

Each of these sets is mass-friendly, if that helps. Vision, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Crystal... not sure I would file any of them under that category.

For specialty, we do try to come up with a theme that will appeal to retailers, which is why Series 50 was a wild card for us. We structured it to be balanced in terms of recognizability, but we weren't sure the "Fan Choice" theme was going to be enough to sell it. But it did okay!

The two most requested (around here) redos of Avengers characters I can think of are Hawkeye and Wasp. I'd think Hawkeye is high-profile enough at this point to be considered "mass friendly." Wasp... not as sure, but maybe. She has wings, so that's pretty cool. Kids like stuff with wings, right?

Or, maybe Doctor Strange? They're getting pretty good mileage out of the magic hands lately, and I've noticed a few times in the past when a character who hasn't been done in a while gets multiple appearances in concurrent waves or box sets (Storm in the MvC3 wave 2 and TRU 14, Hawkeye in the Avengers movie wave and the Disney boxset, Wanda in the AvX boxset and TRU 16).

Edited by Lobsterman

The two most requested (around here) redos of Avengers characters I can think of are Hawkeye and Wasp. I'd think Hawkeye is high-profile enough at this point to be considered "mass friendly." Wasp... not as sure, but maybe. She has wings, so that's pretty cool. Kids like stuff with wings, right?

Or, maybe Doctor Strange? They're getting pretty good mileage out of the magic hands lately, and I've noticed a few times in the past when a character who hasn't been done in a while gets multiple appearances in concurrent waves or box sets (Storm in the MvC3 wave 2 and TRU 14, Hawkeye in the Avengers movie wave and the Disney boxset, Wanda in the AvX boxset and TRU 16).

We just got a new Hawkeye though, I think Quicksilver is probably the new number one, especially since he's been in the news lately. Just my two cents.