UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

Well - it's out there now...

Just saw designs for Series 54 and TRU 17, should be some Wish List crossing off coming up.

Wave 54's line-up has been designed. There's even talk of a member of the Uncanny Avengers being included. So, who do we think it will be and who will make up the rest of that wave?

Zach - feel free to drop clues whenever you like smile.png

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind if 54 was a hodgepodge wave without a theme. After all the movie waves it would be nice to get a wave to fill out some missing characters from several themes, Avengers, X-Men, etc.

Other than Wave 50 Fan Choice (which feels FOREVER since it was announced), the last wave we got like this was Wave 41 with Sinister, Hulk, Goblin, etc... way back in August 2011.

Edited by youbastards

I'm definitely up for a theme-less wave, and I'm glad to hear there may be some new faces in it. I don't quite see how a member of the Uncanny Avengers crosses anything off a wish list, they all have been pretty well represented as of late.

I suppose it could be Sunfire. I keep forgetting he's in there, I don't see him on covers very often.

Edited by Valo487

Sunfire was one of my guesses too. He's on this months UA cover, and he's been asked after ever since the Giant Sized X-men box set. He's a definite wish-lister for a lot of people.

img_comics_15377_uncanny-avengers-8.jpg

Come to think of it, a Sunfire/Banshee two pack would rock like crazy.... And i *think* i remember Banshee doing reasonably well in the Wave 50 poll.

EDIT: Typo.

Edited by Nessex

If it were an X-Factor wave, I would be crossing a lot of wishlist items off. Variant Havok could be modern UA costume.

Barring that, a themeless wave would be alright. Especially if it included Sunfire. And Falcon. And Winter Soldier.

Edited by Turtle

I'm still hoping for Mojo. Brood was done well enough- as with Modok. He'd make for a really cool looking figure.

Trying to remember/find images of all the characters that didn't make it. Can anyone here find that image and repost it? I'm not having any luck.

Hah... I was just thinking about creating this thread this morning, Ness! :D

I'll go out on a limb and say 54 will be heavily skewed to, if not totally, X-men. With the exception of the Wolverine movie, we won't see a ton of mutant love in 2013.

Zach's biggest hint so far has been that quite a few wish list items will get crossed off between wave 54/TRU 17. Obviously the general MMMV wishlist contains every single character that hasn't been made yet, but there are a few standouts almost everyone seems to want: Banshee, Sunfire, and Toad on the X-men side; and Falcon, Winter Soldier, and Black Knight on the Avengers side. I would be surprised (as surprised as I was when they didn't make the cut during the big Avengers year in 2011) if Falcon and WS don't get their due in a comic wave sometime next year with Captain America movie coming out.

I could see 54 being a Classic X-men wave involving Banshee/Sunfire, Quicksilver/Toad, but I can't pin down who they'd use for an army builder. It would be great to see maybe Mojo and Blob in the TRU wave.

Come on Young Avengers...Come on Young Avengers!!!

On a more serious note I do think it's gonna be just another so called "hodgepodge" wave. And I sort of like those kinds of waves more. Since with Movie Waves we already have a general depiction of what the lineup's gonna be.

I feel like the "themed" waves (Outback X-Men, Byrne Fantastic Four) have generally been more well-received and have sold better than the catchall waves. Luke, can you speak to that assertion?

By early 2014, the two core brands that we won't have seen anything from in a while are Spider-Man and Hulk. We've already gone pretty deep in Spidey's roster, so I feel like a Spidey wave would be a lot of redos or fourth-stringers. Maybe a Hulk wave to capitalize on momentum from the box set? Hulk/bulked-up Abomination, Red She-Hulk/Titania, Hercules/Variant Doc Samson with a Harpy army builder?

Edited by Lobsterman

Hulk/bulked-up Abomination, Red She-Hulk/Titania, Hercules/Variant Doc Samson with a Harpy army builder?

I'd switch out Samson for Abomination as the variant so we can get A-Bomb as well, and even though I'm not a big redo person I think Leader could stand one. I'd really like to see Zzzax as well, but that's mostly because I think he'd look cool as a 'mate.

If it were an X-Factor wave, I would be crossing a lot of wishlist items off. Variant Havok could be modern UA costume.

I'd rather it be Wolfsbane.

90's for the regular, X-Force for the variant.

She'd complete that initial team (Wolverine, Warpath, X-23), but modern Havok would just be alone.

i could see it being another comic Thor/Cap wave seeing as it is between Thor 2 and Cap 2

id love to see:

Winter Soldier/Falcon

Enchantress/Executioner

Hydra Soldier (basically just the hydra agent with different accessories)/Nick Fury (WWII)

Hydra Soldier/Nick Fury (redo of his shield look)

then a TRU wave of:

Marvel Now Thor/Absorbing Man

The Captain(black/red look)/ Batroc the Leaper

Surtur/Ulik

Red Guardian/Baron Von Strucker

basically just all the cap/thor characters I still want :P

I'm really hoping it's some classic Marvel wish list crossing off.
Ideal wave for me would be something like
Banshee, Sunfire
Nighthawk, Mockingbird
Hellcat/Tigra variant, Mandroid

Knocks out the first West Coast Avengers roster, Giant Size X-men, and gives us great depth for Defenders. But it'll never happen because there's no "A-listers"...

i could see it being another comic Thor/Cap wave seeing as it is between Thor 2 and Cap 2

id love to see:

Winter Soldier/Falcon

Enchantress/Executioner

Hydra Soldier (basically just the hydra agent with different accessories)/Nick Fury (WWII)

Hydra Soldier/Nick Fury (redo of his shield look)

then a TRU wave of:

Marvel Now Thor/Absorbing Man

The Captain(black/red look)/ Batroc the Leaper

Surtur/Ulik

Red Guardian/Baron Von Strucker

basically just all the cap/thor characters I still want tongue.png

I'd be happy with all of these, except save Now Thor for a God of Thunder 4-pack with past, present, and future Thor, and Gorr.

Brotherhood has been talked about a fair bit recently too... I wouldn't be upset to see them start to tackle any of the Brotherhood/Freedom Force types.