UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

^ Yeah but I shouldn't have to buy more pieces to fix something I payed full price for and I haven't exactly had too much luck when some of my Lego or Hasbro stuff came factory damaged so I'm not so hopeful in this situation. When that happened I could at least exchange the sets at Walmart or Target.

My main mistake was buying it in a comic shop with a no refund/no exchange policy. Had I known that I wouldn't have purchased it. I despise stores like that.

i think BHM is saying be patient on a response from DST, they have a lot of work to do, and sadly that sometimes means it may take a while to get to a specific QC message from a fan, but in my experience they're more than helpful in replacing parts or even full mates if they have them available

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as CS goes, Hasbro is awful!

LEGO is good.

DST is great, but they take time to get back to you. Wait a week, then try again. Make sure you include exactly what the problem is, pictures if possible, and your address doesn't hurt.

Remember that DST is a small company, especially compared to either of the other two you mention. They have a small staff (2, I believe, answering CS emails), who, in my experience, are very passionate about their product and seem to care about their customers satisfaction.

And don't be rude in your correspondence with them, that could affect their response to you.

I hope you get you hair!

I'm pretty sure her hair was manufactured dark green. if you really want it to be black, go pick up a $4 bottle of citadel (games workshop) acrylic black. I used it on the red hair from Dawn to make my Madame Masque custom.

^ Yeah but I shouldn't have to buy more pieces to fix something I payed full price for and I haven't exactly had too much luck when some of my Lego or Hasbro stuff came factory damaged so I'm not so hopeful in this situation. When that happened I could at least exchange the sets at Walmart or Target.

My main mistake was buying it in a comic shop with a no refund/no exchange policy. Had I known that I wouldn't have purchased it. I despise stores like that.

Contacted DST via Twitter for help earlier today and no response.

I love Diamond and Minimates so one factory botched figure doesn't really diminish my love for the company...my situation is just bothersome. I shelved Viper until I can fix it and bought a Baron Strucker set at another local comic shop.

Been meaning to turn one of these Hydra goons into Deadpool's buddy Bob, Agent of Hydra. Just need yellow gloves and a less frowny face.

tumblr_n159xdC4zq1qcakmpo1_500.jpg

Edited by cidman911

Cidman, good luck getting a replacement. That does suck. Hopefully someone at DST can help you.

Great wave overall, very happy with it. Thrilled to get a Viper, didn't think we'd ever see her.. read the original Lee/Steranko Madame Hydra intro issues and they are terrific. Every figure is cool, even the Red Skull robot which is really bizarre with the mask on. Weird but in a good way. Love getting that Cube. Hydras among my fave army builders ever I think. My favorite look is mask but no cape, seems to be how Hydra looks in most appearances.

Was thinking, after this Cap wave his corner of universe is pretty well-represented in mate form which is very cool. Who is even left to be done? Maybe classic Batroc and Falcon (green or white/red), Diamondback, Serpent Society, Scourge?

Stupid comic store I got it from doesn't allow refunds/exchanges and I'm having no luck with whoever is in charge of Diamond 'contact us' to understand that it came factory damaged so I can get another hair piece.

I've been responding to CS e-mails while we've been between representatives. Did you not get my request for an out-of-package picture? All you sent before was a shot of it in the box, and I couldn't tell what was going on.

Send me your address and I will get a Viper hair out to you.

All that talk of Bob: Agent of Hydra got me thinking...

IMG_00000169_zps75d29a31.jpg

LMAO YES !!!

I'm fairly new to the forum but I've been told what a great guy DSTZach is.

Good stuff. I love when company people frequent the forums and interact with us.

Edited by cidman911

@Zach - What is the verdict on the Cosmic Cube(s) accessory(ies) in this wave? Were there supposed to be two included with Red Skull? It seems like there have been more reports of one, than two; but the packaged pics show 2, and there have been a couple (?) reports of people seeing two.

Does DST have an abundance of these for people who write in? Or is 1 now the "official" number? Thanks!

One is the loneliest number. But it is also the official number. Not sure why some people got two cubes, unless it was so you had an extra in case you lost one. In that case, consider it mission accomplished.

I do not know if Amazon ordered this wave. Does Amazon normally order each specialty wave? Perhaps they didn't order this one because the movie assortment ships at the end of this month? Because there is no reason they would not have the assortment that I am aware of, besides their own preference.

Edited by DSTZach

Maybe Zach's tray shot was the exception rather than the rule...

dst-marvel-minimates-series-54-captain-a

Guess so. :(

One is the loneliest number. But it is also the official number. Not sure why some people got two cubes, unless it was so you had an extra in case you lost one. In that case, consider it mission accomplished.

Have you lost yours yet, Zach? :D

Its weird that the tray is designed for two Cube hands and that hands themselves are Black where as the figure that they are intended to go with has silverish hands, I wonder if maybe the original idea was to include two hands, one in black to go with earlier Skull mates and one in the silverish color for this skull robot and somewhere along the way the idea for two was dropped?

also note skull-bots black skirt with gold belt whereas the one we got was just silver

dst-marvel-minimates-series-54-captain-a

Edited by Mattallica

I thought I had regular packaged samples, but now I want to see what's going on with that skirt, if mine is really different.

And you may be right about the hand thing, Matt, I'll see if they were supposed to be different colors.Might explain why we dropped it.

also note skull-bots black skirt with gold belt whereas the one we got was just silver

Matt, just clarifying, are you saying the skirt you got didn't have the belt tampo, or that it was silver (instead of black) with a belt tampo. Zach's photo could just be the angle of the lighting, some of the parts of the arms and feet kind of look black too.

Regarding the skirt piece, mine had the gold belt tampo:

20140208_100528.jpg